Mystery Witness Alleges Drug Use by Britney

9/17/2007 4:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tony Barretto, a former bodyguard for Britney Spears, filed a declaration in the Britney Spears/Kevin Federline custody battle which alleges "nudity, drug use and safety issues post-rehab."

Gloria Allred, Barretto's attorney, said in a press conference today that Brit's former hired muscle was prepared to testify under oath today, but that neither the court nor Britney's attorneys chose to cross-examine him. She said his declaration went "unrefuted and unchallenged."

Should Britney lose her kids?

Barretto started working for Britney when she got out of rehab, and was fired on May 17 because, said Allred, "He did not hear her when he was asked to pick up her hat."

Barretto, himself the father of young children, came forward, Allred says, because while working for Britney, he became "very concerned" about the safety of her two boys. Allred also said that she has spoken to County Counsel for Child Protective Services about Barretto's concerns.

me

People are ridiculous. While Britney was with Kevin - Kevin was the bad guy. Everybody was telling her to leave him. Now that she did - everybody has turned on her and now he is the "Good" guy. Give me a break. I feel bad for Britney. Ya'll need to leave her alone. The only reason she is going through what she is is because the "Tabloids" are painting a crappy picture of her. Nobody's perfect but she doesn't deserve the hatred that is being forced on her.

Dan

I love Brit to death but everything is falling apart. I just have a really bad feeling about all this.This isn't gona end good.

Howabirk

Maybe he didn't come forward sooner because he was trying to process what he was witness to. When something so serious is on the line and you could potentially ruin someones life with what you know, you want to be absolutely sure. Maybe his conscience had been nagging him. Just a thought...

calling it like i see it

obviously, his testimony wasn't even listened too in the court. give me a break. he looks lazy and they said he wasn't allowed near her or the children, because he scared her, that's why she fired him. Gloria hasn't been in the media recently and this is her way to be on television once again. the judge didn't even want to hear from him. there is your surprise witness. totally, useless and very uncrediable. this is getting so far from out of hand it is rediciously.

crymeariver

figures disgruntled employee
they say anything if they get fired.

melissa

fat looser: its LOSER. you idiot.

fat looser

K-FED YOU HAVE STOOPED REAL LOW THIS TIME..... LOOSER....

mickey

Hey Stephanie,

I'm not sure what to think, I don't think her client has a leg to stand on though. I'm sure there is a ton going on we don't know about, but I am just sickened at the way Allred handled this situation - like I said before, both sides have been completely discreet in handling this, and I don't understand why she thinks she has the right to come out of left field with her client and divulge information, and a press conference no less.

I would never want to see someone keep their children if they weren't fit, but i'm just as passionate about someone having their kids threatened to be taken away when not necessary. I don't think she will lose her kids. And if it is an issue about drugs, which seems to be the primary concern, if she were my client, I would have her voluntarily submit to random drug testing.

It seems he is trying to pull out all the guns on her - and I truly believe that Federline was responsible for getting this guy to testify. It would be a smart move on his part - ask the man to come in voluntarily and independently to give his staments, and have a pro-woman attorney represent him in doing so.

fat looser

I agree k-fed has crossed the line this time....He just needs money..leave brit alone

Save Joe Francis

You Britney Lovers are so pathetic with your denials. This is not the first time we've heard about Britney's crazy behavior. This guy is totally telling the truth. Hopefully Brit Brit will be behind bars soon and we'll never be subjected to her awful brand of music ever again!

sincere

Why is he just Now telling his story if he is so concerned for the kids? With K fed on her heels trying to find reasons to get custody why would she be dumb enough to do drugs in front of her kids? Brit lawyers suck. Why hasnt research been done on K fed drug use and the fact that he left his pregnant girlfriend? Even though he denied they were still together, shar publicly said they were STILL together! He just wants the money. If those kids would have been justin timberlake's kids NONE of this would be happening. Justin has his OWN money he doesnt have to resort to these outragous tactics. Britney should have left K fed alone.

Amused

...just more problems the blind fans will have to wrap their minds around to still come up with the conclusion she is a good mother.

And testing negative on a drug test once is no proof of never using drugs.

KAT

SHE CAN KISS HER KIDS GOOD-BYE

leave

loser kfed go back under the rock you came from................................

bob

THE QUESTION REMAINS, WHY WAS HE SO SECRET? WAS THIS BIG MAN AFRAID BRITNEY WOULD FIND HIM IN A DARK ALLEY AND OPEN UP A CAN O'WHOOP ASS?