O.J.'s Alleged Robbery

Caught on Tape!

9/17/2007 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

**WARNING: This audio contains graphic content. Listener discretion is advised.**

TMZ has obtained an audio tape of O.J. Simpson's confrontation with a sports memorabilia dealer that led to his arrest on felony robbery charges. In it, you hear someone say, "You against the motherf*****g wall."
Click to play!
The tape was recorded by Thomas Riccio, who co-owns the auction house Universal Rarities. Riccio met up with Simpson just before the confrontation at the Palace Station Casino on Thursday night.

We're told Riccio was on hand to help Simpson prove certain memorabilia being auctioned by Alfred Beardsley was ill-gotten. Riccio says he believed Simpson was going to confront Beardsley in the hotel room to give him an ultimatum -- either hand over the goods or Simpson would call the cops.

Riccio turned his Olympus digital voice recorder on before the group entered the room -- a group that included Simpson and four other men. Almost immediately, Simpson went wild, hurling profanities at Beardsley and another memorabilia dealer, Bruce Fromong.

The confrontation lasts six minutes. It is graphic and telling. Simpson is clearly the ringleader. Simpson repeatedly says, "Think you can steal my s**t and sell it?"

To hear much more of the confrontation, watch TMZ TV tonight.

We're told Riccio also recorded the police interview with Beardsley and Fromong. Riccio also claims he has audio of Beardsley and Fromong conceding they didn't have a right to the memorabilia. Riccio also says he has audio of Bruce Fromong saying he helped Simpson hide money in offshore accounts.

And there's this: Riccio's partner, Jeff Woolf, says Simpson left a message on Riccio's cellphone trying to convince him that there was no gun involved in the robbery.

1blackchick

364. I find it truly pathetic that black America could stand behind a killer and wife beater, and look at him as some kind of twisted role model. Particularly because he doesn't even care much for his own race. Just serves to show why some in society deserve their reputation as criminal, ignorant parasites.

Posted at 9:41PM on Sep 17th 2007 by former fan

Black America as far as I know, doesnt stand behind him. I surely don't. But, the case must play itself out. I'm not a former fan, I never was a fan in the beginning middle or end. Could really care less about him. I just realize that none of my friends ask me to go places, and accompany me there with recorders, and find it odd that his do. His circle of friends must be some really classy people. I already said he was in the wrong, but I don't think he did this on his own. Unfortunately as he's done most of his life, he followed a "friend" and that friend made a complete a-- of him. But he allowed that to happen. As my mom always said. . . you make your bed you lie in it. If only he were a leader and not a follower.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

me

look at his eyes....OJ is totally stoned in that picture

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Yep.

1blackchick

367. If you read the statute, the hotel room is viewed as if it is a home, I believe.

Posted at 9:53PM on Sep 17th 2007 by IMHO

Then I hope he has Johnny and his dream team on retainer. . . especially since people seem to have a hard time separating the two events.

Gia

STIV

He's gonna find it damn hard to get Johnny Cochran again unless he knows how to resurrect the dead. Unless Cochran somehow already found a way to lie himself out of death. "If the coffin aint exactly 6 feet; I got death beat."

1blackchick

371. well blackchick you just proved yourself to be not only a bitch but a STUPID bitch as well. "Johnny" is dead you dolt.

Posted at 10:05PM on Sep 17th 2007 by laughing at you

If you read all the other posts you would see that was the point moron. As I said

I hope he can find them because some seem to have a problem separting the two events. . .and want him to meet them 6 feet under. . .

1blackchick

I should elaborate that it was the ongoing joke in our household when Johnny did die that OJ better stay out of trouble because Johnny couldn't help him anymore. . .

And from some of the racially charged posts on this site, and posts centered around a trial that is no longer relevant. . . I would say. . . many of the posters here would like Oj to find Johnny.

Now. . . do you get the joke for those on the shorter bus?

mandingo user

Another mandingo bites the dust. Apparently he didn't meet the grade.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

You're really making yourself look bad now, 1blackchick. We all (including you) know that you weren't aware Johnnie the Ho was dead ... Puh-leeze. I'm disappointed in you.

1blackchick

"Johnnie the Ho " Now that's disgraceful. He did nothing wrong, other than do his job and get OJ off. After all the glove did not fit, and my grandma would find you a disgrace for saying such. But, we were aware of his death. Especially my grandma because she thought he was cute. :) But of course, you must be one of the ones on the other bus or one of the ones who want OJ to find Johnny. I do hope he has his dream team on retainer.

lilmarie

Good post, really saddened (#128)

What happened on the Oprah show? I didn't see it.

My comments on this - It's amazing that O.J would do something SO stupid like this, what was he thinking, that he wouldn't get caught? Oh wait.... maybe that's exactly what he thought, since he got away with a double murder. He seems to think he is invincible, and above the law.

I'm also truly amazed that ANYONE still supports him and says he is innocent. PLEASE, people. Wake the hell up - he is guilty as hell, it so so obvious, stop playing the race card, can't you see a person's CHARACTER and and actions, instead of the color of their skin?

1blackchick

Damn. . .hubby says time for bed. . . your antagonist must adjourn for tonight. I'll try to remember to check in tomorrow. . . you all have been fun.

1blackchick

Posted at 10:34PM on Sep 17th 2007 by lilmarie

I don't think anyone on this site supports him. Just people want varying degrees of justice served.