Babwa to Barry

We've Got Hassel's Back

9/18/2007 12:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"View" den mother Barbara Walters says that as much as she wanted Barry Manilow to come and croon, no one -- not even the "Mandy" singer -- tells her how to run her show!

Manilow told TMZ yesterday that he decided to ditch his appearance on today's "View," because as a close friend of Rosie O'Donnell, he didn't want to sit on the same stage as right-winger Elisabeth Hasselbeck, whose views he called "dangerous." Babwa, on her Sirius radio chatfest last night, said it was "too bad" about Barry's stand. Added co-executive producer Bill Geddie, "We don't do that ... we support everybody ... he's not going to call the shots."

Geddie also pointed out that lefty celeb political flamethrowers like Susan Sarandon and Jane Fonda have also appeared with Elisabeth, and it sure looked like everyone was having a pretty good time last November when Manilow appeared on the show.

Amy

Why can't Elisabeth just LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR GOOD! PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE! I cannot stand to see her face or her her voice anymore!

GO BARRY!!!!

Robin Givens, Toronto, Canada

Yeah for Barry! I'm with him, that Elizabeth is the most annoying person EVER! I would rather listen to Avril Lavigne on repeat than watch the View for one second.

arlene24

Bararbra is a STUPID BITCH GET RID OF Elizabeth she's IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erasmus

more celebs should take a stand against the ridiculous rants of elisabeth hasselbeck. she's intellectually lazy, and in a boorish manner to boot.

Jeannie

Why is this making such news? With Paris and Lyndsey etc behaving themselves, this is what are news has come to.

what a joke

Way to go Barry. You stand up for what you believe in, if only more celebs had the guts to do the same.

Sandpiper82

So what about last year?

She is immature, a brat, pouty, rude, way to emotional and can not entertain more than one thought at a time.

Perhaps he said enough is enough and is taking a stand. I don't blame him. She's rude and a horrible listener.

Of course if The View does not want to alter their hosting for one guest, that is their perrogotive....but, I also think they need to leave it at that and not elaborate.

I have been through a lot with E.H. and The View and never considered saying the heck with them....but I don't care to much for how they have handled the P.R. on this particular incident....and the trail leads back. I don't like E.H. I didn't care for her before Rosie, during Rosie I came to not respect or like her a bit and was embarrassed for her and now....ugh.

She speaks of young Hollywood with such disdain, intolerance and so on regarding their behavior, drugs, parenting etc.

As the Mother of 20 year old and 24 year old daughters, I don't consider her a good role model either. She has very poor communication skills and is disrespectful. At leat the others are having to take their hits and pay their dues.....she needs some manners and logical debating skills to make her point clear and respect and hear objective thoughts.

Good for Barry....The View needs to be quite now.

paisley40

Please send hasselback back - all the way to the island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Democrats are evil

Why would any informed voter vote for a candidate who simply refuse to answer questions from the opposition just like Manilow refuse's to be confronted by the republican Hasselbeck. The answer is that that are simply cowards and do not have the ability to debate the opposition with the tough questions that they are forced to answer. This party is so lame. Example: They outright refuse to debate on the Fox network. Why? Because "Cowards" don't like to be confronted with tough questions, right Barry!

I TOLD YOU HOWARD IS THE ONLY ONE ACTING WITH DIGNITY IN THIS MESS

BUNCH OF BORING PEOPLE. ELIZABETH IS BORING PLUS BARBARA WALTERS AND MANILOW AND I DONT GET YET "WHY THIS STUPID SHOW STILL GOES ON?" ACA ALL THEM

Pike

Screw that FUGE PACKER. GO BARB GO

Standards are badly needed.

Things are getting pretty bad when celebs feel they have to take a stand because of the ever growing perception that the Dems have rolled over.

Frost

RIGHT ON, BARRY!

I can not stand that young woman's smirking, eye rolling and holier-than-thou attitude. I hope they let her take ALOT of maternity leave. How hard would it have been to have Whoopi & Joy or Sherrie do the interview?

I look forward to MORE guests declining invitations simply because they find Hasselbeck's demeanor surly and disdainful.

Jeannie

Has anyone noticed that Elizabeth is constantly scratching something? Drives me crazy, and now its mostly her belly.

Hal

If Manilow's a friend of Slobber Mouth, she can have him! Glad to find out what a low-life he is. No more Manilow for me.