"Kid Nation" -- Like the Bomb and Stuff

9/20/2007 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Last night's debut of "Kid Nation," the kiddie version of "Survivor," has caused quite a stir this morning. On Ryan Seacrest's morning show on KIIS FM, Ry asked other kids what they thought. And the future of the great nation responded -- sorta kinda.
Kid Nation Viewer - click to listen
Shanice, an extremely articulate 13-year-old from Beverly Hills called in to weigh in -- and what she had to say, well, you really just have to listen ...

Jen

What does Brit have to do with any of this? You guys always have to drag her into it. Can we say "no life".....back to the real point. This was one the best reality shows that I have seen in a while. It teaches the kids responsibility and it's teaching them how to work together. All the things that they're going to need to know in life. Most importantly it's building their self-esteem, which is a good thing. If my 8yr old wanted to go....I'd let her. Shame on you guys for talking about that 13yr old girl.....that could be your child or grand-child one day.

wetcnt

That call was like totally fake and stuff. I mean, please, her voice was like a grown woman's voice. And like what white girl is name Shanice, for sure.

CupcakeMagee

Why on earth are people picking on a random thirteen year old girl? I listened to her phone call and I failed to see anything hilarious or mock worthy about it. Aside from those that drink from the trough of haterade ("like ohmygawd she has an iPhone, that means she's rich, which means she's evil. Evil I tells ya."), there's nothing wrong with what she said. She's thirteen and she liked the show, get over yourselves... *shakes head*

Stoney

What a moron.

Pretty good in the wild, my ass.

Stupid bitch in training.

Whammer Jammer

This show cannot be very good because of the way the network is pushing it. A commercial for this show airs about every 10 minutes. If it were that great, they wouldn't need to advertise it so heavily.

As for me, I won't be watching. Reality TV completely blows and I refuse to watch any of that crap.

walter17

CBS is scraping the bottom of the barrel to produce this piece of frivolity. they are making it out too be a mountain instead of a molehill.

it's still a molehill!

CarolinaBlue

I t hought it was cute too! and the kids actually had some interesting things to say. i was definitely pleasantly suprised...

Dottie654

Darn it!! I fell asleep and missed it, but it is going to replay on Saturday.

Ooba Gooba...why are you on this site if you hate reality shows? And what classics do you approve of watching? Did you ever stop to think that in order to create viewers you have to advertise to draw them in and THEN let them decide for themselves whether it is any good or not? Or are we supposed to make the moronic assessment that you made...that they advertise too much so it ust not be any good?

I happen to like A LOT of the reality tv, altho several shows are losing my interest. So, please, do not tell me how to determine whether it is any good or not.

Thank you.

CarolinaBlue

Your right, the group of kids on Kid Nation is especially articulate and intelligent, however it gives me hope for the overall intelligence of kids these days in general...i dont want to think that these kids are the minority. I'm definitely gonna watch the new episode tonight and see what other insights they have, i just think its so interesting hearing what they have to say!

CarolinaBlue