Birkhead to Opri -- I Meant What I Said

9/25/2007 11:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Larry Birkhead has responded to Debra Opri's defamation suit.

Opri claims, among other things, that Birkhead slandered her on "Larry King Live," where he said Opri leaked confidential documents to Rita Cosby in his paternity case.

This morning, Birkhead's lawyer, Michael Trope told TMZ, "The defense that we will file in this case will be simple. Truth is a defense."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mrs. Marple

Good Morning Folks! Woke up today and saw that there is frost on the pumpkins. The sky is clear and clean and a true blue The mountains are covered in a patchwork quilt of red, orange, and golden autumn colors, promising a great change. The mountain tops have been kissed with snow and are promising to soon be adorn with a pure white winter coat.

I believe this may expresses what is happening in this sad saga. The pumpkins are caught in the chill of the truth and the sky is promising more truth to come The mountains are speaking of the changes that have occurred in the momentum of these cases and the snow illustrates that the facts will all be revealed with truth.

Now, I do not think one person should have a problem with the truth finally being revealed. Everyone will have the opportunity to defend their side. So one and all should be celebrating that the time for debate is quickly passing. The time for the facts and the truth and only the facts and the truth has come.

It is a wonderful and joyous Autumn day. I hope that everyone enjoys it!

Mark

I hope they get things worked out.

Stephanie P.

GO LARRY!!!

Mrs. Marple

Yeah! I got here first! My first first! lol! It is a good day! I feel like a kid with a sled on the first snow day! Yippeeeeee!

Oh, and Larry, I do not think Opri is worried one little bit. The jig is up dude!

macieGray

Get her Larry. You know what she did, now the world will know also. I hope this ruins her career, or whats left of it.

Debra: If you want to be on TV...try acting. The lawyer job just aint for you..lol

you're as stupid as you look

WHILE I LIKE YOUR ANALOGY, DEBRA OPRI MADE HER BED AND IS NOW FINDING OUT SHE DOES NOT LIKE THE LINENS...UNFORTUNATELY FOR HER, SHE IS HER OWN WORST ENEMY AND THE CAUSE OF HER OWN DOWNFALL....

THIS IS LARRY'S CHILD (DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE MEDIA CONTINUES TO REFER TO DANNIELYNN AS ANNA NICOLE'S LITTLE GIRL).....SHE IS LARRY'S AS WELL...HE CAN DO WHATEVER HE FEELS IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF HIS OWN DAUGHTER AND TOO BAD FOR THOSE OUT THERE WHO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT....

RITA CROSBY IS BLINDED BY PREJUDICED AND IGNORANCE, NOT EVEN VERIFYING HER SOURCES BEFORE PUTTING HER ALLEGATIONS IN WRITING....IT JUST FURTHER PROVES THAT THEY ARE ALL IN THIS TO MAKE WHATEVER MONEY THEY CAN AND GIVES MEANING TO THE PHRASE.....''''MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL''''.......

Jon Bodack

I think Debra Opri just needs to leave Larry Birkhead alone! He doesn't owe her one penny!

Dawn Day

It's time to pay the piper Larry! Dig deep into Dannielynn's pockets...I'm sure you know how to do that!!

Shame on you

I was 100% in Larry's corner during the custody battle but now his temporary fame has him believing he's a bigger man than he really is. Since when does a second rate photographer, one who's living off his daughter's checkbook, have the right to be so arrogant ? Sigh...I guess we created a monster out of the dust.

sandman

Isn't Opri's filing just a countersuit to be played out as part of his case against her? He filed first; she counterclaims, and his detailed filing (win or lose) won't it settle her claims? His suit pretty much covers what she's now saying don't you think? I saw her on tv last-night, and she came off as pathetic? She's got bigger problems than her credibility (or lack of) when it comes to how she got the job or that fat FOX chick with whom she collaborated with, when she looses her license to practice law? Now that I think of it, who would hire her knowing she would end up charging them for everything from her husbands dry-cleaning to lobsters? She claimed 'Birkhead was well aware of the charges, but she's only kidding herself if she thinks a jury will fall for that rubbish?...Thank you...

BirkheadisaLOSER

Looks like Larry's new reality show with E! Entertainment will be full of legalities. Larry must have stock in some law firm. Will this man ever stop exploiting his child now that he realizes he can make millions off of her and has already made millions by exploiting her? I know...all of the larry lovers think he's just swell. Good baby daddy or money hungry monster? I choose that Birkhead is a money hungry monster who should go out and get a real job. A real job isn't calling the photo agencies for photo ops selling DL's pictures. Shame on Birkhead for using his daughter as his million dollar baby. He's a pathetic example on raising a baby.

Wicked

Go for the throat Larry. Opri deserves it. What a waste of space she is and it is so obvious she ripped you off. I hope nobody ever retains that POS. Take her down to the curb where she's most comfortable. What a bitch.

Wicked

Rip her a new one Larry and get Rita too. Both women are a disgrace to the female human race.

EJ

This he say, she say, need to go away. Do your talking in the courtroom and keep it out of the media. These characters are back and forth. It's very sad, almost pathetic.

Hope

Larry truth is a bunch of lies. He is self serving sob. I hope OPRI prevails and takes this jerk off to the cleaners. Too bad DL will suffer because of her looser father.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments