P.I. Sues Pesci in Real-Life Crime Caper!

9/26/2007 8:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a breach of contract lawsuit filed by private investigator John Perry against numerous defendants, including "Lethal Weapon" star Joe Pesci.

In the lawsuit, filed yesterday in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Perry claims he was hired by Pesci "to perform private investigative, bodyguard, security and property surveillance services." Perry says he was hired by the actor to investigate attempted murder allegations against Pesci and his ex-wife.

According to the suit, "Pesci regularly maintained both the innocence of his ex-wife as well as his own non-involvement in the alleged attempted murder."

Pesci's ex, Claudio "Marti" Haro, was arrested in 2005 on attempted murder charges after her stuntman husband was gunned down on his doorstep -- but survived the shooting. Haro was charged with hiring a hitman to carry out the crime and is currently still in jail.

Perry says that through 2005 and 2006 he "performed the services as requested" -- services totaling $103,000 -- and was told by Pesci he would be paid. Perry says he was never paid. Perry claims all the defendants "knew Perry would never be paid" and alleges that the defendants, including Pesci, had ulterior motives for hiring him.

A rep for Pesci could not be reached for comment.

Cartman

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people out to get you.

Thanks

david

hey its your life...

silkprint

He's still alive?

CELEBRITIES

Next time he'd better request partial payment ahead of time before completing the assignment ;-)

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

From THAT pic : looks like Joe's movie star days ARE OVER !!! LOL

Wicked

I heard he's engaged to Angie Everhart. I wonder if they have set a wedding date?

Anyhoo, I think he's a good actor and a good guy. I wish them both lots of happiness.

Raymone

Christ, Joe Pesci looks like he's falling apart!! Why the hell hasn't he made a movie in the last few years? Scorcese needs to give him a call.

Tricia

2 years without being paid? What a duimbass! Pesci deserves to win this one as 'con of the year'!

sandman

From the story (?) to the comments, none of it's making sense to me:(...It must be past my bedtime:)...But it does remind me of something:)...I once knew a gal who was "paranoid". She thought her ex boyfriends were following her and tapping into her telephone line. She thought her ex-bosses were tapping her line, and were mixed-up with her ex-boyfriends in doing so?...She thought everybody was out to get her...We ended up hanging out together a total of 3 or 4-weeks before I just felt exhausted and it fizzled:(...Now about the story we're commenting on?...It's not worth it...Good Night:)...Thank you...

celebrity.web.net

i'd do em

me

Who cares ????

Terry

HUH?
So.... Who's on first?

Pam

Did you read the complaint before you posted this? Mr. Pesci is being sued based on a "verbal" contract . Conspiracy is being alledged and it is a very difficult charge to prove! I see this getting tossed. I checked the internet as the complaint advises...I found two references to her arrest and each article stated that she was released on bail 2 days after arrest in August 2005! The dates don't match his complaint...

notaceleb

WHO WORKS FOR TWO YEARS WITHOUT A CONTRACT AND WITHOUT PAYMENT, FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE KNOWN TO BE LOADED? APPARENTLY YOU! PLUS, YOU NEVER GOT ANY PAYMENT UP FRONT - EVER. MAN, GET A CLUE! NO WONDER JOE PECSI HIRED YOU. YOU'RE A PUSHOVER! AFTER THIS, YOU'RE GOING TO NEED A 'SHINE BOX, BECAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU'LL HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

anon

Pesci likes to date 18yr old strippers.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments