Paris Hilton in "The Road to Rwanda"

9/26/2007 2:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's goodbye Gucci and hello genocide! Paris Hilton is going to Rwanda!
Paris Hilton in Rwanda?
Once her film "Repo! The Genetic Opera" wraps, the socialite is throwing her wrap dresses into a Louis Vuitton trunk and taking her act to East Africa! That's really, really hot!

Congratulations to Paris Hilton, who this November will take her international celebrity into the realm of humanitarian jet-setting. Move over Angelina, there's a hot new heart of 24K gold in town!

Sari

That was really mean about the whole fly thing. They cannot help their situation. Get a life, instead trying to tear down theirs. If you really want to help...why don't you send over some money, better yet, go and volunteer in their country. You probably wouldn't last one single day. As for Paris...I commend her for "any" efforts she makes towards the welfare of others.

Spurs

Come on people, there is only one charity that Paris gives a rats ass about, and that is Paris. Everything and everyone else is pure crap unless she can get something out of it or them. Then they are tossed away like yesterdays garbage. That is the life of Parisite. She is a blood-sucking leech that lives to use people like dirty rags. She proves this every day. Someday, when they become adults, all her 10 to 14 year old fans will see that. Surprising they don't yet, because most of them are probably more educated than her.

Ms. B

If this isn't the most blatant form of racism I don't know what is. Not only will I no longer be visiting your site but I'm also boycotting your show. Your a bunch of sick and pathetic individuals.

k

The fly on paris lip is an insult to the Africans who went through the horrible genocide. I always took tmz seriously but I'm done. I think this is my last visit.

amina

i'am positive that she won't even get out of the plane

Es

Either she's thinking of opening a Hilton in Rwanda (get it, Hotel Rwanda, oh tell me I'm not soooooo right!)or she's totally going to sucker out and make some lame excuse.

TheTruthBeToldAnOnlineNameAintWorthFightingOver

Another poster said it best...
Lady Di wannabe...

Wes

TMZ, we are amazed at your exploitive article.

As people who have supported children in Africa and other parts of the world through sponsorship programs for over a decade, we know these children and their families need help through funding and other initiatives. (There are many thousands of others who do the same.) Obviously, we don’t need TMZ’s article and photo announcing Hilton’s trip Africa to “awaken” our conscience and awareness of global poverty, the ravages of AIDS, civil war, and environment initiatives. Her visit will, however, finally awaken hers, if she ever leaves the hotel. As most of us already know, conditions in many parts of Africa are horrific.

This will sound like a terrible thing to say, but Paris isn’t the first celebrity to use worthy causes to get much needed positive publicity. With her track record, this initial visit appears to be more PR contrived. Hopefully, someday, the contrivance will turn into reality.

Our advice to Paris: Leave your ever-present army of makeup and hair stylists at home.

TheTruthBeToldAnOnlineNameAintWorthFightingOver

Fraud, fraud, fraud...

Onyxman

Echoing previous comments, I find the use of the children in this story extremely distasteful and "unfunny". Furthermore, I believe the creators have photoshopped (is that a word) in the Paris Hilton look-alike as opposed to the heiress herself. Hence the tacked on "dark glasses" that hide the eyes, which betrays the doubles difference. This one just went too far and should be removed. I was gonna say I won't read TMZ online anymore but who am I kidding???!!! I love this site!!!

Spend more time on the hilarious "We're just sayin'" photos and leave poor african children off the joke list.

Losin'-it-in-London

Marie

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! I'M SURE SHE IS GOING BUT FOR THE WRONG REASONS!!!

SHE'S DOING IT FOR HER AND WHAT SHE'LL GET OUT OF IT, NOT FOR THOSE POOR PEOPLE!!

NO ONE TAKES PARIS SERIOULSLY ABOUT IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE THIS!!
PARIS IS NOTHING BUT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE THAT LOOKS AT HERSELF CONSTANTLY THE WAY SHE DOES IS A VERY SHALLOW PERSON AND ONLY HAS ONE THING ON HER MIND AND THAT'S
PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD WILL AMBASSADOR SHE WILL NEVER BE! ONE TRIP THERE , BELIEVE ME SHE WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!!!!!!!

GOD, SHE IS A FRICKEN LOSER AND BEYOND PATHETIC!!!!

CAN U TELL, I CAN'T STAND HER AND THE PHONINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY PARIS, DO US ALL A FAVOR AND STAY THERE!!
NOW THAT WOULD BE A GIFT FOR HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs

Hey, maybe she can convince her mommy to come along with her and we can hope that both of them stay there forever or get knocked off by some cannabalistic tribe. Wouldn't that be great eh. We can call it "The 2 for 1 special of the day". At least no one will miss either of them, and the tribe will be doing the world a bigggggggggg favor.

Marie

ALSO, WHAT WILL PARIS DO WHEN SHE WALKING AROUND THE VILLAGES AND SHE WON'T BE ABLE TO FIND A MIRROR TO LOOK AT
HERSELF!!!!

DON'T THINK SHE WOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE THAT!!

I COULD JUST SEE HER YELLING AT THE CAMERA MAN.

GET ME A MIRROR
GET ME A MIRROR
GET ME A MIRROR

OH HELP ME I CANT SEE MYSELF!!!!!!!!

LMAO AT THAT VISUAL!!!

Marie

okay this is Paris

GATHER ROUND KIDS! I BROUGHT HAIR EXTENSIONS, MAKE-UP AND AFTER I'M DONE FIXIN U UP, I BROUGHT A MOVIE FOR ALL OF US TO WATCH!
ONE NITE IN PARIS!
OH THATS RIGHT YOU DONT HAVE A DVD PLAYER

THATS HOT!!!! SHE IS SUCH A FRICKEN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TVDinner

Rwanda is in Central Africa, not East Africa, you dumbasses.