Kiefer Charged with DUI

9/28/2007 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that the Los Angeles County City Attorney's office has charged Kiefer Sutherland with two misdemeanor counts of DUI.

The actor has been charged with one count of driving under the influence and one count with driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or above after being arrested early Tuesday morning.

The City Attorney's office also asked that Sutherland's 2004 probation be revoked.

He will be arraigned on these charges on October 16 in front of Judge Michael Sauer, ironically that's the same judge who threw the book at Paris Hilton. Sauer sinks Bauer?? We'll see!

If convicted on both charges, Sutherland could face up to a total of a year and a half in jail and be forced to pay a $1000 fine.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

He could:

Not drink, have just 1 drink, have a friend drive, hire a limo, hire a taxi, hire a professional driver for his own car, stay home if he can't control his own behavior ...

There is no excuse.

He drives drunk on public roads.

CA Mom

#60 They did show it.

I happen to know one of the lawyers for FOX and I was just saying to my daughter last night, that she must be in overdrive of cover-our-a$$ mode for not sending him home with a driver. He was signing right before he got into his car, with a fox rep and a baodyguard outside.

Catsy2

There are many posts here which state that Keifer should have had a designated driver. Absolutely true. "Don't drink and drive" is not exactly a foreign concept. It was Keifer's responsibiity, and I'm sure Judge Sauer will act accordingly. It's obvious that he has a problem he is ignoring. Failing the sobriety test will automatically have his license suspended as well for at least 90 days.

But this incident does not mean that this man is a "bad person." Quite the contrary. For example, he's supported at least a half-a-dozen charities for years. Get a life, people.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

De-runk.

johnnie

At least he had his shorts on!

The King

Damn, CA is hard on DUI. 2 counts for a single offense?!?!? Think I will stay in flyover country where in the rare event you are stopped, the cops let you slide. Ive been drinking and driving for 30 years and have never been busted! The key is, obey all traffic laws while driving under the influence and a few other tricks. Obviously, the U turn got him.

gigi

2. Kiefer will shine in court because he is the most sincere person in the world. Being an alcoholic isn't a crime. It's driving under the influence that is. Hopefully, Kiefer will now hire a "keeper". He really needs a driver. I hope and pray that Judge Sauer keeps in mind that alcoholoism isn't a crime. Officer Kevin Mailberger could have used the "spirit" of the law and had Keifer call someone to pick him up. Officer Mailberger would have really been a hero. I have seen officers use the spirit of the law many times and have the person call someone to pick them up. Unless....someone gave LAPD the tip that Kiefer was under the influence. Strange, that Friday he was suppose to be the Guest Speaker....UHMMMMMM. There is a lot of politics at LAPD....
Could it have been a set up????? Believe me! I have seen so much corruption there! You have got to ask yourself. Was it a setup??????
I know Kiefer was D.U.I and maybe it was his time to get busted but isn't strange timing???????????????? You really have to know how these cops think! How far did he drive before he got busted from the watering hole????? I would certainly look in to this!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5