Letterman Makes Paris Hilton "Sad"

9/29/2007 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ex-con/socialite Paris Hilton appeared on "Late Show With David Letterman" last night -- and is sorry she did! The sardonic TV host harassed Hilton about her summer stay in the pokey -- and she wasn't having any of it.

At one point during the interview, an audience member screamed, "I love you Paris!" Letterman quipped, "Is that somebody you met in prison?" Ha! As the crowd erupted in laughter, Paris paused and said, "I didn't come here to talk about this. That was a long time ago. Now you're making me sad that I came."

Letterman then apologized and had Paris purring again.

Sharona

I quit watching Letterman years ago becasue of stunts just like that. He's not nearly as funny as he thinks he is!

FlBiker

I missed her Letterman show last night. Was she still carrying the bible. How's the development of those halfway houses coming along.
I cannot believe people buy into this bubbleheads BS.
Hey Parasite, drop dead.

Lenn K.

I don't watch Letterman nor do i care much for Paris Hilton so this is a standoff!!!

Karen Lynn

Letterman was way out of line. Paris handled herself with grace and poise even with everything Letterman was throwing at her. At one point I think she should have walked off the set. There was no reason for Letterman to go on and on like he did, it was getting tiring and he only succeeded in making himself look stupid as usual.

moretocome

I love Letterman and think his show is great. If stars have not been in a comma the past 15 years and have ever watched his show they should know he's not going to throw them soft balls. I think Paris has been in a comma brought on by drugs and self obsession.

TMZ, if you ever listen to you’re audience please leave off the Paris stories. We have not missed them at all.

wasted days and wasted nights

I'd like to see Paris interviewed by Triumph.

OMT

If you agree to be interviewed you cannot expect to have it go your way. That is what interviewers are supposed to do. As for the t-shirt, freaking hilarious. Larry King's interview was a joke and he should be ashamed. "I don't do drugs, i want to be a better person" Gimme a break! Paris has really shown how she has changed since the Larry King interview.

Nancy

Paris was just mad b/c Dave wouldn't let her talk about her stupid movie that no one was interested in anyway. She is used to manipulating and Dave didn't give her a chance to do that. YEAH DAVE

Only swim in the Ocean

When Letterman took her perfume and started drinking from the bottle the look on her face was classic. She still does not realize she has no talent. She thinks people think she can sing and act because the people she pays tell her so. What a fool she is.

Paulie

You're sad!!! I was so sad to see your ugly face again wasting everyones time with nothing to say. What about you recent trip to Rawanda. Is there anything that you know of life other than your herpes outbreaks and your little pizza boys. Stay home...don't go on Letterman again. After a hard week at work, I like to relax and watch Dave Letterman, but you made me very sad last night. GO AWAY

wink

I saw Lettermans's interview....He definetly "got" Paris....She wanted publicity and David ignored what she said she wanted....One of Letterman's best interviews aka "SLAMS" !

Justin is Calling

Would she rather talk about her Herpes prescription for Valtrex that was discovered when her storage locker contents was sold? Google it!

nadafan

I watched it last night and laughed and laughed. It was SO funny! She was on the verge of tears but whatever, you reap what you sow.

FlBiker

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaa
First Sarah Silverman makes fun of me and now David Letterman. Put a diaper on Parisite the big cry baby. What an imbecile. Her parents should be flogged in public for raising htis piece of crap.

maryanne keller