Why Britney Lost Custody

10/1/2007 9:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ knows exactly why Britney lost custody -- she ignored the Commissioner at every turn.

Rewind to last month. L.A. County Commissioner Scott Gordon ordered Spears to do a number of things in order to maintain 50/50 custody.

Spears was ordered to meet with a drug counselor -- she didn't do it.

Spears was ordered to submit to drug testing -- she didn't do it.

Spears was ordered to enroll in parenting classes -- didn't do it.

Spears was also required to sign the judge's order -- again, she didn't.

And last Friday, Commissioner Gordon prohibited both Spears and K-Fed from driving the children unless they had a valid California driver's license. Gordon was pissed today when TMZ posted video of Spears cavalierly driving her kids around Malibu.

In short, Spears did everything wrong ... by doing nothing.

Cat

Too bad, but she deserves it.

Stan

Man the media coverage is like the sun blew up....a female lost custody. There are many, many men who are good Dads who cannot see their kids. Because his exe prefers not to allow it. That's not right.

Kids need both Mom and Dad.

BS lost custody for a variety of serious reasons. Men "lose" it for insignificant reasons.

t-dog

she need a new set of friends to hang around because, if she had real friends, they would have told her to do the right thing but she have no friends. all her so call friends are just using her. for her money and to get into these parties. when is going to realize that they our just using her. i think she just stupid they our all using her ass and she can't see it. She need some one to talk to who been through crap like this. its starts at home if her parents weren't out spending her money when they should have been paying attention to her and showing her the right way she wouldn't be in this stupid mess

george

PLEASE STOP COMMENTING ABOUT BRITNEY GIVE ME SOME ATTENTION I NEED IT .....I TOLD YOU AM GOING TO DO SUMIN STUPID AND GUESS WHAT....I FEEL AMERICA LOVE ME SO MUCH THAT I WANT TO STAND AS A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT....

silkprint

Sad ...thier mom is a mess and their dad is a loser ..does this guy have a job yet?

cubalibre

I knew it wouldn't be long before the "Kevin's just wanting more money" conspiracy theorists started braying their stupidity-- not to mention the morons who are all saying that Britney should be given a break because, at "only" 25, she's "just a child herself". PLEASE! 25 isn't a child by any stretch, legally or otherwise. Immature she certainly is, but a child she is NOT. And even if all the rumors that anyone could cook up in their most fevered imaginations were true, the plain and simple fact is that Britney DID THIS TO HERSELF-- JUST AS SHE ALWAYS HAS, AND WILL (IN ALL LIKELIHOOD) CONTINUE TO DO! Sorry for shouting, but I'm SO done with all the people who think anyone else is to blame but little Miss Spears.

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

LET ME TELL YOU .....KEVIN IS NO BETTER THAN BRITTANY

HE PARTIES JUST LIKE SHE DOES .........THEY'RE BOTH UNFIT PARENTS ,

I BLAME THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA FOR NOT , TAKING THOSE KIDS AWAY

FROM BOTH OF THEM ......KEVIN AND BRITTANY HAS NO CLUE WHAT

PARENTING ABOUT . ONLY THING THEY KNOW WHAT TO DO IS PARTYYYYY.

ADOPTED PARENTS WOULD BE BETTER FOR THESE KIDS , AT LEAST THEY

WILL BE LOVED AND SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH THESE BABIES .

AGAIN KEVIN NOR BRITTANY SHOULD GET THESE BABIES .

THEY BOTH TOOK THESE BABIES TO VEGAS , THIS ISN'T A PLACE FOR

ANY CHILDREN ................

TMZ , SHOULD INVESTIGATE AND SEE WHERE KEVIN AND BRITTANY

TOOK THESE BABIES .......VEGAS IS ONE PLACE .........WHERE ELSE ??????

WHERE IT'S NOT A GOOD PLACE TO GO .

MOM

HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Finally

hmm

Tomorrow's Headline: Britney OD's...Whole World Laughs....World Moves On.

Seriously though, who did not see this coming? She's already the spinning image of Anna Nicole. She needs serious help and fast or she WILL be found on the toilet like Elvis!

me

Well screw y'all. Of course I'm goin out tonight. Now that the little brats will no longer be mine I can do what ever I want, and that means PARTY y'all. I dont need no CA license to drive, I'm Britney Spears. I dont have to hide the drugs no more so the mistakes, oh I mean the kids dont steal my stash. I can just leave it on the table all lined up and ready to go. Dont mess with me y'all, unless you think your drugs are better than mine, then by all means share it!

what a world

She is so out of control. She blatently ignored the Judge's orders knowing losing her children would be possible. She obviously doesn't care about anything. Someone better do something or she will be the next Anna Nicole Smith. The unfortunate thing is, she's an adult and has to choose to get help. This is probably going to make her go off the deep end. I hope someone is watching her.

madcat4now

Well, what luck to be in the hands of K-Fed, the caring father. Excuse me while I quit laughing. As you will remember before this all started, this joker was never around, and party time all the time. If it hadn't been for Britney at that time, there would have had no parent.
He has been playing the custody chess game well though, and that is what it is.
It does seem that most of the media, the rag mags, etc. were wanting this to happen, but probably will not be completely happy until Britney dies. I mean she is going to be trashed no matter what she does. Now ole KFed will probably be set, as he will probably get very fat child support checks. Ha. I love it. What a talented guy.

I do think she needs to get some good people around her now, and I don't mean like the lard butted back stabbing so called body guard, who all of a sudden became concerned for the children, after he was fired. Gee wonder how much that zero has made now, as the ho of Gloria Allhead, or whatever her name is. Oh never mind, he is concerned for the children. Yea right.

Just another example of how the custody system is nothing more than a scheme to destroy families, and pad the pockets of the lawyers, judges, experts, etc. It is a multimillion dollar industdy, and it will never be changed from this because of the money. It is totally based upon conflict and destroying one parent or the other. This family has pretty much be destroyed. While certainly the parties involved are at fault, in this case I would say the media, the rag mags, the celeb blogs, etc. relished in destroying this family, especially Britney. They have now pretty much got what they have asked for. I guess now, they will wait with relish for the next terrible thing to happen.

hmm

LMAO@70!

Leela

Well I guess it's time for all of us armchair psychologists to play the guessing game but seriously I'm guessing, on top of everything else, could she have a form of behavioural disorder? I've suggested that before but if you look at some of the things she's done that are just plain weird. I do wish everyone would quit wishing her dead though, no one deserves that, well I can think of a couple of exceptions but let's not go down that road.

QE2

Wow. How sad that she wanted those children so little that she couldn't take a few classes, tests and hire a driver. Now they have a real chance of being raised only by a father no child deserves.............Although I guess no child deserves a mother like that either.