Vick

Scores with PETA

10/2/2007 4:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1002_michael_vick_getty-1PETA announced today that Michael Vick, the embattled Atlanta Falcons quarterback who plead guilty to dog fighting charges, completed an eight-hour class in empathy and animal protection. A little late, no?

Vick took the course at PETA's Norfolk, Virginia headquarters on September 18, was given home study materials, and came back a third time to take a test. PETA is asking the NFL to make empathy training mandatory for all players.

If you would like to repair your public image following an embarrassing federal trial, you can find all the materials at PETA.org.

meltz11

To Hell with PETA!!
Screw them, try caring for your fellow humans.

Leela

Who in blooming effing bloody hell do the morons at Peta think they are? They're domestic terrorists who have done more harm than good, to the point where the fur industry actually made a comeback because people were so sick of listening to PETA's crap. They are not the SPCA and who are they to give a course to anyone about anything? JackASSESS, every one of them.

wiggietty

P - People
E - Eating
T - Tasty
A - Animals

GasJoe . Com

WHAT?

My Dads Dads Dads Dad was shot from a cowboy on a horse with a gun and to this day I hope cowboys with guns fall off the horse. I can never foget this. It has ruined my life

gingergirl

Does Peta really expect people to believe that, Vick got an A for empathy. I doubt if he knows what the word means. In his case, it means that he has feelings for what the dogs were feeling. That's a laugh. Just like the other lie, like he found Jesus. I guess Jesus, was lost when he was murdering innocent animals.

NewEngland Fan

So if vick has to attend a class in empathy and animal protection then Barry Bonds should talke a class on how to be a team player and dress with his team.
Mike Vick "Not cool to controll something that has no say nor fight back" Very manly!
Yes you are the man on the field and great at what you do, off the field your actions are looked at just as importantly and you knew that. I reall feel bad for the animals (Dogs) To bad I had to point that out because there are many animals involved in this incident.
Mike I hope you grow up and realize that you had the world by the balls, and people would love to change positions financially with you instantly. Greed and hanging out with the wrong croud got you there and now it's time to man up and face the concequences and at the end ask your self was it worth it? First you were inocent then your boys rolled on you, let's go back to the begin I am inocent. Great role model Mike, you lied! And I agree with one of the other comments you can't learn how to be empathetic. It's like an addict telling you that they only party when theres a new president elected. Mike again on the field your a god, off the field regarding to this incident in my eyes you are a cold evil person who tried to cover this all up by lying until your so called friends rolled on you. Let the justice system do there job and hopefully again you will be able to do your job on the field.

danie

VICK is a FRAUD He know 3/4 of Americans are disgusted with his brutal dog fighting and torture business BAD NEWS KILLING KENNELS. He wont ever get another endorsement his reputation and career are WAY OVER HOORAY!!!! Hes a CRREP!

Susan

I would love to see done to Vick what he did to those poor dogs. His cruel acts are unforgivable. I hope he and his buddies get what's coming to them.

john mail

training vick to be empathic is like training pedophiles to be nice to children, or ted bundy to respect women

blackberry

Kudos to Mr. Vick for voluntarily learning kindness to animals. Empathy is a wonderful thing.

CuriousMind68

Oooohhhh, I bet this makes him happy... I mean to be judged by a group of people who will throw food and take a spray paint can to any HUMAN who does not agree with their practices, is a group that I would want to be in good graces with.
I bet that took a load off of his mind.
I am starting a new group...PETA ( People Eating Tasty Animals).... saw that on a sign somewhere.... I thought it was cute.
I wonder if PETA endorses anorexia, since most of them look like anorexics.

Boop

Boop

. You can't teach an old dog new tricks???? Anyone who is cruel to an animal will think he can be cruel to a human who is like a dog, forgiving, and loving. Mr. Vic you are WRONG You broke the law. You should be treated as other common people are. Getting rid of the "Pit Bull" breed would solve this problem. I do not want to say that. No, it's not the animals fault but, I would rather see the breed demolished than have an animal go through any anguish by the hand of a selfish person like Mr. Vic.

Posted at 1:04AM on Oct 3rd 2007 by Boop

Godsfavor

I see there are a lot of hateful people out there. If anyone has not sinned, you throw the first stone. Try practicing forgiveness, I know there is something that you need to be forgiven for. ( Your hateful attitudes for one). I f he is atempting you make amends for his past, who are you to judge? I love animals and don't condone vicious acts of any kind ( including hunting them for sport). So practice some compassion and don't allow others to read your ugly side.

Always Curious