Vick

Scores with PETA

10/2/2007 4:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1002_michael_vick_getty-1PETA announced today that Michael Vick, the embattled Atlanta Falcons quarterback who plead guilty to dog fighting charges, completed an eight-hour class in empathy and animal protection. A little late, no?

Vick took the course at PETA's Norfolk, Virginia headquarters on September 18, was given home study materials, and came back a third time to take a test. PETA is asking the NFL to make empathy training mandatory for all players.

If you would like to repair your public image following an embarrassing federal trial, you can find all the materials at PETA.org.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jen

I'm sorry...how, exactly do you TRAIN someone to be empathetic? It's an inherent trait/characteristic. Either you have it or you DON'T!!

longshot7

This is BOGUS. PETA hates pitbulls - they admit as much on their website - why would they care at all how he treats them? PETA, go F yourself.

Logo Designers

well if Vick was being sincere u would say it was fake anyways

Cynic

PETA are a hypocritical bunch of tools.

Cartman

PETA is a terrorist organization.

Thanks

notaceleb

Is this a joke, because I know PETA is a joke. Why do TMZ readers need a link to PETA for their own troubles? I don't see why Michael Vick shouldn't sit in on training from maybe the Humane Society, as long as PETA isn't involved. But, PETA, he should run away as fast as he can from them. They're nuts!

Sloane

did they remember to tell him that killing dogs and dog fighting is a no-no

nan mcclain

Peta, is this what my contributions are going to? You can't retrain a Michael Vick, just like you can't retrain a fighting pit that's only known terror and cruelty from humans. Boy, did Vick use us.(PETA). I can't believe you didn't stone him at the front door.

kissmyasp

Too little, too late. There is nothing that this man (and I use the term loosely) can do now that will take away the pain, suffering and torture that he put "his" dogs through.

Does he get "it"? I doubt it. Don't forget he was going to clear his "good name" but there was NO good name to clear because he was guilty. Don't forget he KNOWINGLY gave a woman herpes, a disease that she will carry with her for the rest of her life. Don't forget he suddenly "found Jesus" then turned around and tested positive for drugs which is 1) against the law and 2) prohibited for him to use while waiting to be sentenced.

He's a loser from the word go. In his case, stupid is forever.

KENTUCKYGIRL

WHAT A DOG!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Silverman

He was,still is and always be a worthless piece of human garbage. I'm ashamed he lives and plays for Atlanta. Peta you all are a bunch of dumassess!

Max61

..........Well, that all sounds pretty good....................however, it is a little late for the dogs.......................it is a little early for forgiveness...............who told him to do this?...............a lawyer?.........a publictist?............an image consultant?..............I will hold off thinking good things about him for a while.............about 5 years of doing good items..............then maybe?..............I don't think so...............I don't think I will ever believe him on most of anything......................just my thoughts..............He might wake up, around 60 years old ..............but as long as he has his 44 million pre money...............I don't think he will actually change inside............what is that thing about.............You can fool some of the people,.......................but not all of us...................

sam

I'm not buying it. Dog beater!

notaceleb

PETA, the NFL isn't going to let a fringe organization like yours touch their teams. As a matter of fact, I hope most of the teams are having steak for dinner tonight.

I'd like to add that these crackheads from PETA are the ones who, about 10 years ago, had a literal ad campaign going to get parents to give their kids beer instead of milk, so as not to hurt the cows. Well, donut-hole brains from PETA, cows die if you don't milk them. Unbelievable morons!

Angel