Why Britney Lost Custody

10/3/2007 11:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsWe now know exactly what went down in court Monday when L.A .County Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon stripped Britney Spears of physical custody of Sean Preston and Jayden James.

As we first reported, Britney didn't follow a number of conditions the Commish laid down. But sources tell us three factors were the last straws for Gordon.

Britney was supposed to sign a document that would have given the green light for a custody evaluator to conduct psychological evaluations. Commissioner Gordon ordered Spears to get the signed document to Mark Vincent Kaplan, K-Fed's lawyer, by Monday at 10:00 AM or appear in court. She did neither.

- The judge ordered both Kevin and Britney to submit proof they had valid California driver's licenses and insurance. He also ordered that neither party drive with the children if they didn't have the proper license. Over the weekend, TMZ posted video of Spears driving with the kids in Malibu. She did not have a California license at the time. The TMZ posting was discussed in court and the Commish was pissed off.

- The biggest reason for the change was Thursday night, Britney was at a Social Group event at Sutra nightclub in Costa Mesa. TMZ shot video inside the club. Various people say they saw her drinking alcohol after midnight. According to Gordon's order on September 17, neither Britney nor K-Fed were allowed to consume alcohol within 12 hours of the time they obtained physical custody of the kids. We know Britney picked the children up at 12 noon on Friday, which means she would have violated Gordon's order.

In short, Gordon was ticked off that Britney thumbed her nose at the court. Stay tuned.

Previous 15 Comments | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

loving grandmother

I think Britney could be a fit mother if she got herself treatment for all of the crazy things she has been doing in the last year. Does she not have any friends other than her cousin.
She is the only one that I ever see her with. On the other hand K-fed is certainly not a great father. I believe he is pushing for all this is money. His monthly alimony payment was to end in November right? Only fitting he would pull some money rabbit out of the hat, because he can not earn money with his singing. Lord knows that is a joke. He has lived off Britney for years and he has no other way of having money, but to get child support from Britney. The real ones that are being hurt in all this bull____ is the children. Kids need a stable home and they need a decent mother and a decent father. These poor kids have neither and that is sad. They should have been placed in foster care with people that know something about life and not about partying and drinking lattes from Starbucks. What a waste.

Joe

Poor Kids. Stupid Britney. Hey Maybe Angelina could adopt her Kids :)

Jess

I have never really liked Brittney, but since all of this has been going on I feel sorry for her. Please leave the poor girl alone. I am a new mom and I am not perfect, but I don't have cameras in my face to portray me as a "bad mom". Everyone makes mistakes. Just because she is famous doesn't mean she is perfect. She has the money to hire caregivers if she goes out for the evening. What is the big deal as long as she is not around the kids when she does it?

Jackie from Bakersfield

Aside from what's going on with Britney (none of our business) WTF is TMZ doing stalking her?!? Geezus! It's all about the ratings. You want her to fail and you want to capture it. If she is in a car accident and is on the verge of dying, do you stop to help or keep rolling??!?!?! TMZ, SHAME on YOU!

luv my TMZ

I was 25 years old, coked up and mentally ill when I lost my 5 & 6 year old sons to their father. As time has passed it turned out that they are better for it. I am now clean and stable and get visitation and have a great relationship with my sons. Based on my experience and watching Britney unravel I believe the judge made the right decision. If anything was wrong he gave her too much visitation until she gets professional help.

ktgulty

Britney,
What's more important right now your children or your partying? Simple decision. Remember you are in control of your world & put yourself where you want to be. The most
important role you'll ever play in your life,your son's life................is MOTHER.Beauty fades,stupid is forever. Your sons get older and children turn into adults.They know what the 411 is,you end up paying for their comments as adults the rest of your life.

Just do what ya gotta do.....ding dang girl get it together!

Lat...................

sue smith

Why do people want to bring her down instead of helping her get it together...she is a human being for god's sake. I'm totally sick of Kaplan and Federline's smear campaign- I see right thru it. Federline had a taste of the finer things in life and cannot just let it be, he is salivating for more at any cost...Kaplan has been behind the smear campaign, he wants the noteriety and the big, big payday . She earned her money, now KF needs to be a man and earn his own. Britney probably needs some professional help...I was in the same boat as her at one time and if I can get it together and turn my life around anyone can! My relatives and friends supported me and I became a fine Mom who has the love and respect of my kids...but you media people, Kaplan and KF need to back off and let her clean up her act and get her family back together. Federline..get a damn job and quit lusting after Brit's money. Mama Spears, Jaime Lynne, Dad, Brian publicky support your flesh and blood for god's sake. Britney gave you everything, it's payback time.

stuckupsnob

DIAGNOSING BIPOLAR DISORDER:
Bipolar disorder is often not recognized by the patient, relatives, friends, or even physicians. In its early stages, bipolar disorder may masquerade as a problem other than mental illness. For example, it may first appear as alcohol or drug abuse, or poor school or work performance.

If left untreated, bipolar disorder tends to worsen, and the person experiences episodes of full-fledged mania and clinical depression.

An early sign of manic-depressive illness may be hypomania--a state in which the person shows a high level of energy, excessive moodiness or irritability, and impulsive or reckless behavior. Hypomania may feel good to the person who experiences it.
BIPOLAR DISORDER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE:

Changes in Mood

* Irritability
* Excitability
* Hostility
* Feelings of exhilaration

Engaging in Risky behavior

*Reckless, impulsive, unpredictable; No perception that the mood and behaviors are abnormal.

*Excessive involvement in pleasurable or high risk activities, such as sex, drug or alcohol use, gambling, or spending sprees.

Rainy

losin custody might help her get on her feet again but then again this is Britney!!!!

crymeariver

she lost them kids because of lies and greed by kfed and others....betrayal by liers, druggies, wanna be rappers/actors

craphound

What this is to me is a massive ego , of a cleb saying the rules dont apply to me , I do what I want , I have money . Well we will see who will win in the end . I feel she will be the next hollywood train wreck , either dead or killing someone else . Tragic but true , but it wont effect my life one way or the other , dosen't really matter to me as long as she takes herself out and no one with her fool ass .

kitten_kaboodles

Can you say, LOSER?

The biggest losers of all are the two little boys. And I also hate to tell you folks but Kevin isn't much better. Does anybody else besides me see that Kevin cares more about the money he's going to make out of this whole tragedy than he does his own kids. Just wait until he gets primary custody and spousal support then he'll go right back to running the streets like he was doing before.

kitten_kaboodles