Kat Von Dummy

10/5/2007 12:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kat Von D and her boyfriend got matching tattoos with each other's names on them -- but they've only been dating a month!

While most would wait more than 6 weeks to brand their lover's name onto their skin for life, the "L.A. Ink" hottie and her long haired, Shaggy-like boyfriend showed off their new unicorn tats at a Rolling Stone Hot Party last night.

Perhaps a tattoo removal show is in the works.

UPDATE: Thanks to astute TMZ reader Pam, we've been able to i.d. Kat's new man. He's Alexander Orbie Lee Kelton Orbison (yes, that Orbison) and he's the drummer for Cisco Adler's band Whitestarr. Who knew? Oh yeah ... Pam.

UPDATE #2: Kat was on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" last week and told Ellen she'd never tattoo a boyfriend's name on any of her clients if it were a new relationship. Someone doesn't follow their own advice!

A-Jay

Who cares what other people think...she got a tat with his name...and...if I remember correctly...we still live in a country that is free...is it really going to change your life...I don't think so...people act like they haven't ever made a mistake...NO ONE is perfect...maybe some people need to rememeber that...

Amanda

Jeez people! Like ANY of you fools are any better! Every one of you with negative comments are just jealous. I don't see any articles on the internet about you getting a tattoo (or anything else for that matter) now do I?! No, I didn't think so. Kat is a very talented artist and if she wants to get a tattoo with her boyfriends name then more power to her! Don't you people have anything better to do than criticize someone you don't even know? Don't answer that.

Belle

This is all so funny since I found this link from a posting from Kat herself. She seems to be a very unusual and straightforward person. As for her time in Miami, I too watched because of her. I stopped watching when she left. Her new show is just as unusual and unique as she. Watch or don't watch it's your choice you know. Remember treat others the way you would want them to treat you.

Buh Bye

Richie

Of Corse she has different standards for herself. She does it for a living. If a 18 YO girl asked me for a tattoo I knew she would regret I wouldn’t do it. The thing is Kat isn’t going to regret anything she tattoos on her body. Anyone’s name isn't going to be as bad as some of the other things she has tattooed on her. You can see her get someone else’s name tattooed on her by Tom Green during an interview with her on his online TV show. It’s about the experience for Kat or so I assume. Check it out!

metal4timmy

I think its horrible that all you people will get on here and slam her for her lifestyle and her choices. What makes you all better than her? She is an excellent artist, anyone with half a brain who has seen any of her art would know that. Ignorant people calling her trash outta go look in the mirror, she lives life the way she wants to, which is more than most of you can say. She doesnt need to answer to any of you, she doesnt need to explain herself to any of you, Shes not hurtin anyone, shes not bothering anyone, all she's doing is enjoying life and giving people some incredible tattoos. So what if she said she wouldnt tattoo a boyfriend/girlfriend's name on someone in a new relationship but did it herself.......she doesnt have to follow her own advice because she already knows what she's doing with tattoos. I say way to go Kat, and all you critics can bite her *ss, ur all just jealous and not one of you is beyond critism.

Nick

Kat is the most beautiful woman in the world!!!!!!!! She is a wok of art, and if this tattoo sounded good at the time, so be it. If nothing else, it will be a good story if and when they break up!

krista

Kat i think your fantastic. no matter what

Rick

I think at is HOT and is perfect r a pin girl! I do not believe muh of what I hear, and only half of what I see. Leave her alone! She is hot and I do not believe this story!

Tomi

Shut up all you haters! You all are just miserable! Who the f* are you to judge anybody? You obviously have nothing better to do in your miserable life! To each his own! Go Kat and glad to see you so happy! Live for the moment and don't worry about 40 years from now! Have fun!

Tanya

why wouldent she, shes full of tatts.She has all of her friends tattoo her so why not the man she loves....you all so negative...wow! KAT ROCKS!!

Chris

It's also true that she has a "yearbook" leg, on which she invites all her friends to do a tattoo, even though they are not tattooists. I also point out she was on Tom Greens show and let him tattoo "Logan" on her arm. Logan was the camera man by the way.

I personally would never get a lovers name tattooed on my body, but then again, I wouldn't criticise someone else for doing it. After all, its their body, not mine, and even so, if one lesson you should learn life before you hit your mid 20's, don't care what anyone else thinks, as long as your happy. Except for the journalist who wrote this piece, who I'd like to say three words to, balanced, unbiased & research.

Gin

SO WHAT? Its a memory, and a good one at that!!! For her anyway, and that's all that matters. She rocks. I only have 5 tats and if I had the money to fly out there and get a tat from her, I would. Rock on girl. There's only one good artist in this town, but I still wouldn't trust him to put a portrait on me. Can you "count" the work on her? Hell naw, and her "new loves" name won't damage a thing! I hope to be lucky enough to even walk in your studio one day. (Congratulations on that, by the way?) Later. ~G

Ashley

OMG! Ya'll are soooo mean! Kat is soooooo kewl and so pretty! And she does an awesome job on LA Ink! Even if they do break up, which I don't think will be anytime soon, because they act totally in LoVe, she'll always have it as a memory! Stop hating on her! UgH!

KAT ROCKS!!!! F*** ALL YOU HATERS!!!!!!

KAT VON D ROCKS!!!! YOUR ALL JUST HATERS AND HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO JUST HATE ON HER.

Ing

No wonder Kat is laughing at this thread. How judmental can people be. Just concentrate on being the best you can be in your own life and then you will be able to look at others no matter how diverse they are with love and compasion.