Lil Wayne

Arrested in Idaho

10/6/2007 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1007_wayne_new-1UPDATE
: As of late Saturday, Lil Wayne is free on $10,000 bond.

TMZ has learned that rapper Lil Wayne was arrested early Saturday morning in Boise, Id.

Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr., was booked into the Ada County Jail by the Boise City Police around 7:30 AM MT this morning. The Sheriff's Department website indicated he was booked on felony charges of being a fugitive.

Boise cops tell TMZ Wayne was arrested immediately following his concert Friday night at Boise's Qwest Arena. We're told he was picked up on a felony warrant out of Fulton County, Ga., for a felony possession of drugs charge. Authorities from Georgia contacted Idaho police and gave them the heads up about the warrant.

Cops tell us he was very cooperative and was arrested without incident. He is now in protective custody pending an arraignment and extradition hearing, which will take place Monday afternoon.

Wayne was previously nabbed in July on a gun charge in New York, and in 2006 he was busted in Atlanta for drug possession.

Calls to Lil Wayne's publicist were not immediately returned. No other information is yet available.

More Today in TMZ History

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

gail6js

To Little Wayne attorney..... ok you have the facts, when can people in eugene, oregon get a refund for a no show

Heather

(Picture that, a gangsta needing police escorts, hmm....) and in all honesty he is a little punk assed bitch who looks and sounds like a chipmunk with a dirty mop on his head!

aww hell...now THAT is an accurate description if I've ever heard one...lmfao

Heather

I'm sorry, but I had to comment on this. babygirlwade said:

"you could only come up with these 3 a$$hole" (when you only asked for 2...???)

and this comment:

"oh and who is Omar El Bashir? i just went to wikipedia and he isnt even listed"

(that's where I went to check him out myself...and ...low and behold, he IS listed in wikipedia. maybe you spelled it wrong, but he's there sweetie... ) and this comment:

"colin powell isnt even black in my eyes", (in YOUR eyes, huh) I mean, you might WISH he were white, but come on now... he IS black) sorry, but...I'm laughing my ass off over these comments.... and believe me, I'm not racist...I just don't like folks who are, and that's just how you sound. I don't know if you're white or black or purple, but you SOUND racist....

Pat

Don't hate off my brotha yeh he a thug and a gangsta and he gone be him
keep yo head up weezy

joe shmo

Lil Wayne means little IQ boy - woops he forgot he was an Idaho fugative!!

Wicked

Would someone just explain to me why all these thugs, rappers, animal abusers, wanna-be-famous beat up the beauty parlor chick end up in the slammer, huh?
I'm happy the sheriff is doing his job and locking these losers up right and left. The streets are safer for me and you people.

Lil Wayne & his tiny endowment of brain, etc. He thought he was in Ohio not Idaho.

Cartman

Lil who?

And what is up with those tattood tears?

Thanks

Jail time puts a crimp on pimp time & ticket sales - Lil tiny IQ thought he was in Iowa!

Megan

Rappers, thugs, etc aren't the only ones committing crimes. Get off your high horse. Why is it that when a rapper gets arrested it speaks for all of them, but when an actor or rock star gets arrested it doesn't speak for all of them????

Boise does not fool around - Lil slammer time for Wayne-boy - "slammer time" ... & the tears tat means he gang bangs & has lost home-boys ...

Cartman

The man needs to leave the brothers alone.

LL

#3 the streets are SAFER because Lil' Wayne is in jail??? Wake up and watch Dateline- our streets are safer because the white child molestors are being put away one by one slowly but surely

Wicked

7. Shut up Meg. Why is it your an idiot? Go read a ding dang book.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments