Jonny Says

It's Not Fair,

Sues Bonaduce

10/9/2007 8:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that "Survivor" reality star Jonny Fairplay has filed suit against Danny Bonaduce, FOX Reality Channel and others for what he calls "an unjustified and surprise assault" at last week's Really Awards.

1009_bonaduce_fairplay_launch_doc
In the lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Fairplay claims that after he was thrown over Danny's shoulders, "Instead of immediately calling an ambulance to care for [Fairplay] or taking other action, the defendants -- the television channel, the producers and the owner of the venue hosting the event -- did nothing."

Fairplay is suing for battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence and negligent supervision.

Reps for FOX Reality and Bonaduce's people had no comment at this time.

Megan Richards

I think Danny should file charges of sexual assault! Who the heck does this guy think he is anyway? Fox should file charges against this guy too.

RAE

I really think this Fairplay guy got what he was asking for if you ask me. The very first thought that came to my head was, "over the head you go buddy" and then before I knew it, there he went. Danny did exactly what I would of done. Fairplay assulted Danny first, so what did he think Danny was going to do? Fairplay should keep his hands to himself and stop trying to HUMP other people. I am just suprised that this is the first time that someone has finally done something about him jumping on them like a hump post. He is a freak. Oh yeah, and a LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAE

DB

I realize Jonny shouldn't have jumped into Danny like that, but no, I don't see any "humping" involved here at all. Danny could have easily pushed him off and he would have landed on his butt. But no, he flung him over his head and Jonny landed on his face! It wouldn't surprise me if Danny was taking some strength enhancing drugs with the ease in which he threw him over his head. Danny was wrong to do what he did- am I the only one that feels this way? BTW, I'm not a fairplay fan, but still. I mean really....Danny was a little over the top. (pun intended)

Piper

Accident? Yeah, but negligent nonetheless on Mr. Bonaduce's choice -AND I STRESS THE WORD "CHOICE" here. Countless of other non-physical alternatives could have been excercised. In other words, two wrongs don't make a right. Fairplay was acting in fun when he frontally piggy-backed Bonaduce but Bondaduce was playing up to the taunts of his buddies to set this idiot straight. His machismo was already in place and the cameras were rolling. When did Bonaduce ever hold back from lending the lens a good drama for the drive-time?

Never.

Sorry Danny, I'm a fan, but you're the bully here, bigtime.

Sadly,

Dean

Battle of the losers.Danny was very drunk,but Johnny should have not jumped on him.Very stupid thing to do.

Piper

88. I honestly believe Mr. Bonaduce is in the wrong here. No matter which personality you prefer overall, it's evident in this case that both sides were acting -and reacting- as per their individual "acts". However, Mr. Bonaduce's was more physically harmful. He certainly could have stepped back after the hump from Fairplay and made a great joke. Instead, he chose a physical reply that ended badly with great damage to Mr. Fairplay.

Never.

Sorry Danny, I'm a fan, but you're the bully here, bigtime.

Sadly,

Posted at 1:52AM on Oct 10th 2007 by MBJ

**************************************************************************************8

Additionally, I have to add a reminder that Mr. Bonaduce was NOT cast into the particular segment of the program, Mr. Fairplay however, was. Bonaduce interrupted an existing program with his impromtu appearance and made the first imposition and the first strike of offense. Mr. Fairplay was trying to keep the flow going via improv but Danny couldn't relax his bravado enough to be lighthearted.

Again, -and this is supported already by several bystanders as well as by Mrs. Knight's very public claim that it's by her provocation that Mr. Bonaduce acted on "doing something about it"- Bonaduce was trying to be a tough guy and the results of his actions prove he was just that, a tough guy.

Now, he's got to answer to the liability issues and consequences of his schoolyard antics.

Both of these men need to finally grow up, particularily, Bonaduce. I mean, it's not enough his family life doesn't suffer enough from his immaturity. What's next for Danny? Seriously???

Cartman

Jonny's an alcoholic. If he was sober when he mounted Danny then he would've landed on his hands instead of on his face when Danny pushed him off.

I hope Danny countersues this punk.

Thanks

paps

LOL... Nice little essay.

Mr. Bonaduce did what any normal person would do, throw the loser off.

Your "extended" argument lacks any common sense. What, throw the loser over his head was not ALSO improv???

You need to think before you write. GET REAL!!!

Piper

"90. Bonaduce should counter sue for sexual assault. Last time I checked you cannot jump on a man perform a simulated sex act. Loser.

Posted at 1:56AM on Oct 10th 2007 by Eskymo"

Very true. But last I checked, anyone who wasn't scheduled, cast nor contracted to appear on stage for a media event yet crossed the security line and came on stage to interrupt a televised program was indeed, breaking the rules. Bondaduce threw the first punch in this case hands down the second he jumped onto that stage. The fact that Fox did nothing to stop it only shows their willingness to keep the camera's rolling for the sake of entertainment. The fact that Bondaduce's actions from the moment he came on stage to the second he flipped Fairplay over his head clearly overrides anything Fairplay did in his efforts to go with the flow. Fairplay was not in some back office or alley making sexual passes at Bondaduce for sexual gratification, he was reacting to an instantaneous live performance for which he has had little experience compared to Bonaduce's resume in the television world.

Bonaduce knows better, but continues to act worse. Now he's got to answer to his poor judgements yet again.

Fox also is negligent. Their staff should have been right on top of getting Bonaduce off that stage, but they didn't. Forgiveable. What's not forgiveable, is when Fox staff clearly saw the severity of the situation and didn't immediately render Fairplay with medical attention for his injuries.

This isn't a case of a sore neck three days later folks, this is a case where a man was bleeding profusely from his mouth and holding his teeth in his hands. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell an EMT on site should have been right there to lend medical attention -as required by the Fox network-. The fact that it wasn't lays solely on the shoulders of Fox and no one else.

Fairplay's got this case in the bag. I can't stand the guy and even I can see this already.

Cartman

MBJ, you are queer for Jonny aren't you? LOL

Bonaduce, according to Jonny's own lawsuit was hired to be there. So, I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself and give it a rest.

Danny was in the right and even LA's DA agrees in writing.

Piper

"94. LOL... Nice little essay.

Mr. Bonaduce did what any normal person would do, throw the loser off.

You need to think before you write. GET REAL!!!

Posted at 2:30AM on Oct 10th 2007 by laker1"

In day to day life had anyone humped me the way Fairplay did Bonaduce, yeah, I'd flip him over too (or whatever means I had to defend myself).

But you're missing the point here entirely. Don't get me wrong, I'm more on your side than you think but I also know how the system works. Fact remains that Bonaduce had NO rights whatsoever to be on that stage at any time. Anything and everything thereafter that happened as a result of his intrusion is secondary.

Or do you actually believe that it's okay to walk into your local newstation and walk on camera to wrap your arm around the anchorman as a gesture of goodwill?

Yeah, don't fret, I won't hold my breath on your reply for that. Just put things into fair and CLEAR perspective. It wouldn't hurt you to learn beyond your reflexes you know?

Piper

"95. MBJ, you are queer for Jonny aren't you? LOL

Danny was in the right and even LA's DA agrees in writing.

Posted at 2:40AM on Oct 10th 2007 by Team Bonaduce"

Show us all the L.A. D.A judgements in writing you speak of....I'm really interested in reading THAT quick published decision.

Or maybe I should join you in that world of Oz where all I have to do it click my heels, gather a burned broom and sing with little people in order to get back in touch with the real world????

Uh huh..... okay, I'm the queer one. You clearly have all the answers. *rolls eyes*

Pretty Ricky

This Johnny Fairplay or whoever he is got hurt because of his own stupidity. Why would he jump in his face like that and start humping him. I would have threw his punk ass off the stage. Fairplay you clumsy moron, take a few tylenols and drink a few Budlights or Corona's and toughen up.

val

Jonny Fairplay had no right to jump on Danny B and I don't blame him for pushing him off of him. Bonaduce is no gay freak and if you looked at his arms they were at his side, he never attempted to strike the fairy. He only pushed him over the edge as anyone else might have with a guy draped around and over him. Ugh... creepy. This is not a suit that Fairplay will win, but he need some press I guess. Danny is at least a man and a loving dad so lay off him and pay attention to the train wrecks who are not honest and lie about their addictions and their progress. I wish him well. The freak Jonny shoud be wished nothing at all good.

val

NO REAL MAN WANTS TO GET HUMPED ON TV OR OFF. Danny reacted to the slime bag as any real man would have and as every one of you males who are not gay would too .. and add to that half the classy gay guys who would be offended by a slob humping them too, they'd have thrown Jonny overboard too.

FACE IT .. JONNY ATTACKED BONADUCE ... it was not pretty! Danny should sue that freak Fairplay because his suit has no merit.