Garth Brooks Hits the Big Screen

10/10/2007 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For one brief minute in 1999, country music phenom Garth Brooks introduced the masses to his weird alt-rocker alter ego "Chris Gaines" -- RIP -- and thankfully, he was never heard from again! But it now it looks like Garth's got another multiple personality under his hat -- movie star?!

Brooks is taking a break from one of those self-imposed faux-retirements that musicians do, and signed on to do nine concerts this November in country music hotspot Kansas City, Missouri. While tix for all performances are already sold out (for reals!), Brooks has struck a deal to have one of the concerts simulcast to more than 300 movie theaters around the country. Cool beans, y'all!

Garth-ophiles will have to wait to find out when to rush to the theaters -- reps for the event have yet to announce a date.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

AnnaFan

I can't believe the ingorant hater's on this website.. And for the person who posted they'd rather hear about Britney Spears, go back to your trailer where you obviously belong. Garth Brooks puts on one hell of a concert. He retired because he was having personal problems and wanted to raise his girls. And where do you flakes get off on calling Trisha Yearwood Fat...just more ignorance and jealousy...get a grip. if you don't have something nice to say, then SHUT UP......There is enough negativity in this world without all this people bashing...but, if you want bo bash bush, then be my guest.

Garth fan

Maybe all the haters should try to sale all the records he has before they open their big, stupid mouths. Check the stats, enough said......

what the huh?

Brang. Me. Two Pina Colonics. One fer each hand....

emily

i live in kansas city! and why would it give us a bad name??? anyways, i'm going to one of the concerts and think its awesome. how many people do you know that have 9 concerts in one city and they all sell out in one day????

NJGBFAN

Can't he just stay retired and quit playing those games that so many artists do.It is just an excuse to drive up sales,and jack up ticket prices.

Anyone that uses Garth Brooks and jack up ticket sales in the same sentence doesn't know a damn thing about the man!!!

rll

I just saw Garth and Trisha yesterday. She is not fat- she is normal! I walked right by her, she looked me in the eye, and smiled. I was thinking to myself, "wow- that girl looks just like Trisha Yearwood", and then I saw Garth! I was starstruck. I don't run into many celebs here in Oklahoma. It was great!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5