Graziano's Mom

Granted Guardianship

10/10/2007 2:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1010_graziano_nick_bn_wi-1A Florida judge has granted temporary guardianship to Debra Graziano, mother of John Graziano, the critically injured Marine in the August 26 car crash involving Hulk Hogan's son Nick Bollea.

Graziano has been in critical condition since the wreck, and is said to be in a coma-like state. His mother Debra and her estranged husband, Edward, have been fighting over guardianship of John, according to WTVT in Tampa. Edward Graziano wanted an independent guardian appointed for his son.

Steven Hearn, an attorney for Edward Graziano, alleges that the Hogans are financially supporting his estranged wife in an effort to avoid a potential lawsuit. "The Bolleas have been providing financial support to his wife," said Hearn. "We have learned, for example, that they are paying for her to live in a condominium or townhouse in Clearwater."

Hearn requested and was granted a continuance, in order to "investigate what other financial benefits the Bolleas have been providing to Mrs. Graziano during the course of these events," he said.

BORINGTMZ

The seatbelt wouldn't have helped John. Nick spun the car around (Tokyo Drift style) and hit a tree with the rear end of the car. John's head snapped back with such force that the headrest broke off and the headrest support bars went into his brain at the base of his skull.

Stop playing the blame game for a moment. Accidents happen ... even incredibly stupid ones.

What’s alarming are the lies the entire Hogan family as been telling the media putting a positive spin on it. It was immediately clear that John had suffered massive head injuries. Yet it’s clear by Nick's own blog and subsequent interviews that the entire family is clueless and refuses to take any kind of moral responsibility. Which, means once the plug is pulled, Nick will be drag racing again ... and next time it will be one of us? We don’t have to be in the car to die.

And, VH1 has a moral responsibility stop trying to make a buck off this young man's tragedy and take the damn show off.
Laura Nelson
Head of Public Relations
VH1
Headquarters Address:
1515 Broadway 20 Th Floor
New York, NY 10036
USA
Phone: (212) 258-8000
Fax: (212) 846-7686

vickie

It is so sad what happened.. It is ashame that nicks mom and dad have no control over him. nick should pay for what he did and not with money..I think a lillte time in the pokey should do him good. and maybe the hulkster will look and his life and say wtf did i do to my children.

Leela

Why is it that people refuse to believe that celebrities can feel terrible when something bad happens? Does it occur to no one that the Hogans are trying to do everything they can to help right now because it is the least they can do for the victim's family? I can't believe the parents are involved in a custody battle over their son who is apparently a vegetable, that's hideous, people can't even pull together when their child is involved in a tragedy? I have no idea which parent may be at fault or if it's just the grief causing that behaviour but honestly, it's sickening, I feel bad for everyone involved, Nick included. When I was a teenager I drove like a freakin' lunatic and it's just by sheer luck that I wasn't responsible for a similar tragedy. We don't know how Nick and the Hogans are feeling right now and I won't pretend to be a fan because I don't know that much about them, was never a wrestling fan but that doesn't make any of them monsters. Can you even imagine what it must be like to have to live with this? There's more than one victim here people.

I feel his pain

I am so sick of the Hogan haters, Nick haters. But I get it. It's a truely unfortunate accident! Accident Accident Accident.... I love how jugemental people can be when they havent experienced something like this for themselves. No one knows their history but what is printed or posted. And we can all TRUST what is printed or posted RIGHT? KARMA.. becareful of what you say or do, cause it will come back to haunt you.

JB

While I agree with the posters who say that Nick isn't entirely at fault, and that people rich and not make stupid decisions, this kid was bragging to magazines about how he escaped tickets while driving more than twice the speed limit, sometimes over 120 mph. Is this the kind of person we want driving through our neighborhoods, near our schools, on ANY of our roads? Speed like that ONLY belongs on a race track. This was at least his fourth violation for speeding (although they've not yet concluded their investigation, we all know that speed was a major factor in this accident), and who knows how many more times he did it and didn't get caught? Someone who brags about their speeding is basically asking the karma gods to bring something like this on him. If only he hadn't brought someone else along for the ride. And if it's true his other friend was driving papa Hogan's silver Viper, the Hogans better keep a closer eye on their cars, and their kids. Anyone else for people's licenses being suspended while an automobile related investigation is underway?

Ummmhmmm

WTF ...they should be paying ANY expenses caused by the accident .The father must be estranged from family and is reading it more as a payoff then as the MORALEY right thing to do .He's wondering where his share is ,I'm sure of it .How sad ...his son is on lifesupport and all he can think of is moneygrubbing a piece of it for himself --thats SICK.
Now as for Nick Bollea "Hogan" ,He should be indebted to that family and his own parents for life .I am sure in time the proper punishment will result and Nick himself will be held accountable for it --no parental bail out Im sure of that too .They wont be able to serve his time for him .,.

tiredDog

Why has'nt anybody questioned the Hulk about how he got to the accident scene so fast. Wasn't he the one who was drag racing with his kid and caused this whole mess. Time to convene a grand jury and sort this mess out - or is this another case of "Hollywood" justice!

Lisa

I REALLY HOPE THAT HE PULLS THROUGH SUCH A TRAGIC WAY FOR A YOUNG MAN WITH SO MUCH TO OFFER THE WORLD. TO HAVE HIS LIFE TAKEN ALL BECAUSE HE WASNT WEARING A SEAT BELT. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH HIM. AS FOR NICK I HOPE THIS IS A BIG SLAP BACK INTO REALITY. REMEMBER YOUR DAD, AND THE POLICE SHOWED YOU A VIDEO OF WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SPEED. THAT DIDNT WORK. MAYBE THIS WILL. NEXT TIME YOU MAY NOT BE SO LUCKY.

Jamey

this will sound harsh but it's true
The reason why this guy is in the state he is in is because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. The Hogan kid was THAT is why he walked away from it.
They Hogan's should pay out of human decency because they have the money too.
It is doubtful that the family of the guy would get much money because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

imho

It's very sad. Would they be fighting over custody if dollars signs weren't attached???
And to Rebecca....Nick was the one driving. And recklessly at that. That makes him100% responsible.

GodBlessusa

This is so tragic! Poor John!!!! However, as someone else said, he did NOT wear a seatbelt? I give props to the Hogan's, I'm sure they are scared to death for John and for their own future and their son! Afterall, he will have to live with this the rest of his life!!!!
Another thing, doesn't he race ? If I remembr correctly, therefore he should be a TRAINED driver. If he went to a school like Bertil Roos driving school/race series or any of those others, he is trained how to drive in ALL conditions. They must take this usually week long training. They usually are NOT allowed to race until this is done! Yes, he is 17, but there are race car drivers, whose parents can afford it racing at much younger ages. It is not just limited to over 18. May God watch over, Bless and give strength to endure for John and his family as well as give strength and comfort to the Hogan's, most importantly Nick's parents!!!!! How many times does a parent get he blame!! It's usally not their own decision that their child did a mistake or worse. Give the kid a break! Yes,if it were you or I we'd be in jail. But then again, OJ got away with it! So did Robert Blake, etc. etc.etc.

Proud Marine Mom

This is such a sad story.....we are all fast to blame Nick; Iguess I would do the same if it were my son involved. The problem is....do we really know what our young kids do when they are away from us? I have a very good, respectful 17 year old. I trust him with all my heart. Some of his friends are questionable....but I trust my son. That being said....how do I know what happens once my son gets in the car with his buddies?

I do feel that Hulk & Family should keep the mother close to her son!!

This is truly a sad tragic story.....my heart breaks for the Graziano family.
GOD bless you SOLDIER!

Terry

# 13 No Rebecca
To say John is at total fault is NOT unreasonable
you as a driver are 100 percent responsible for those in your automobile. You have the control to use that automobile as a missile and crash into a building if you want, Your passengers have no control in stopping you if that is what you choose to do.
A seat belt would NOT have saved John or anyone else fom the head and neck trauma John suffered. Useing that is only attempting to mis-direct responsibility..

Loser

Who sponsers Nick as a Drifting Driver?

Here is Nicks myspace : http://www.myspace.com/hogandrift

At least Linda and Hulk are doing the right thing as for paying for all Johns medicals needs and his mothers condo. Hulk took Nick to classes on what happens when he drives to fast and the consequences of racing off the track and on regular roads. You can tell Linda and Hulk love their kids. I would never wish this to happen on anyone !!!

Nick is young and never should of owned or be able to drive a car like that.....We all love to show off when we are young. I dont blame Linda or Hulk on what happened but Nick is their responsibility and buying him a car like that would only mean trouble.

Terry

# 49 by Whats up

This is not place to promote a trash novel from Rita Cosby.
TMZ should remove your post's and not allow you to post advertisements here. It's specially disrespectful in this article.