Britney Blows Off Court

10/11/2007 1:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As we first reported last night, Britney Spears promised her lawyers she would appear in court today as her attorneys asked the judge to give the popwreck overnight visits with her kids.

K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, is in court right now. Brit's lawyers, Anne Kiley and Tara Scott are en route. Britney's hangin' in Marina Del Rey and it's pretty clear either her alarm didn't go off or she just had a change of heart.

Michigan Mom

Thank god your not my kid neither....He doesn't sit on the computer all day he's a grown adult ....works and goes to school

This case is a very public disgrace...

Britney was allowing the Judge to save face. He erred in terminating her custody on FALSE accusations that she is a drug addict. Hopefully the judge will do the right thing...but then,...judges are not known to admit to mistakes in judgement. Those children were fine with Britney till Kevin got his BIGFATDIVORCE settlement, one week later...she's a bad mom? People keep up and do your homework before posting.

Moose

She could let Kevin keep the kids and she could always get pregnant and have as many more kids as she wants (sarcasm).

stacy

O..M..G......Those poor little babies. They will grow up KNOWING their own MOTHER didn't even FIGHT FOR THEM. What a horrible, SELFISH person. Britney - those boys are the ONLY thing in your life that are going to last. Don't you think you owe it to your OWN FLESH AND BLOOD to show them they are LOVED and worth fighting for? You are the sickest, most messed up celebrity mother. Those sweet little boys deserve better. Let me adopt them, I will give them all the love, attention and nurturing they have missed out on and more.

CA Mom

Come on..."not required" probably not, but if it was me, I would want to plead my case to the Judge in PERSON. It wouldn't be me though, I take care of my kids. She's too immature to have the kids back yet. She needs parenting classes, a support system, much more clean drug tests, and supervision from Social Services. I hope Social services are supervising Kevin as well.

Michigan Mom

Maybe her Lawyer asked her not to be there to keep a Media Circus from Happening.....All I said was she didn't have to be there...Everyone knew TMZ would have been there

Janice

You people are real nitwits! Before you judge, why don't you wait until you really know whats going on. Harvey may be a dear friend to Mark Kaplan, but he is not in that court room right now. Kevin did not show up for court either, so who are you people to judge! The case might very well be that due to the commotion the press and paps bring, They may have told her to stay home. Everthing this girl does is wrong to you. WHY? Why do you people feel the need to destroy someone. How sick! I hope all this money is worth it. Because you will pay, Karma comes at you when you least exspect it. I just hope it's not when you have kids and God forbid something happens to them.

Annette

TO #64: I'M STILL LAUGHING FROM A PREVIOUS POSTING & NOW YOU HAVE ME IN STITCHES AGAIN!! I LOVE IT!!!! HUMOR IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL. ESPECIALLY DRY HUMOR. :-) PEOPLE TAKE THEMSELVES & OTHERS FAR TOO SERIOUSLY. lol

calling it like i see it

I don't know who is giving this girl advise, but she needs to fire them. If she's just listening to herself, then God help her. Britney, honey, stay home, get out of the media for a while. Focus on your children and trying to regain custody. Dress approperiately for public. Make yourself presentable if you do go out and give up the short skirts and boots, you don't have the body for it anymore and besides, dressing like that is fine when you are on stage, but not to go to target and for goodness sake, honor the court and judge by showing up to every hearing they have. It's your children honey and unless you want to loose them forever start taking this thing serious.

Rockin

Sorry to disappoint you...I am at work......I own my own computer/network business, so yeah....I'm in front of computers all day........lot's of them. But nice of you to be in denial about your idol Britney......give us all a good laugh

Annette

STOP!!!!!!!! IT'S TOO EARLY FOR ME TO PEE MY PANTS FROM LAUGHING!!!!! YOU'RE ALL CRACKING ME UP!!!!! THANX FOR THE GREAT FUNNIES! ;-)

Reality is....

I know if it were MY case, regardless of weather I was "required" to attend.....nothing, and I mean NOTHING...even mudslides, hurricanes, tornadoes, or earthquake would keep me from a court that holds the future of my children in their hands.

By NOT going, she is proving once again that she is irresponsible. If she can't be bothered to show up for what SHOULD be the most important thing (well...2 things) in her life....then she is not responsible enough to raise raise children.

Nothing would keep me from the court to plead my case, except for maybe the mental institution that they would have to put me in if anyone ever tried to take my kids from me.

OCD

Do you people realize what is really driving me crazy?

PEOPLE WHO CAN'T SPELL!!!!! Yes. You are harshing my bubble.

If you can't spell, use spellcheck. Or a dictionary.

There really is a difference between "you're" and "your", "it's and its". And if TMZ prints "ding dang" one more time, I'm going to start chewing on the carpet.

Yes, I'm OCD. If I weren't, it wouldn't be KILLING ME!!!!!

AAAAAARRRRRGHHHH! : )

Cookie

Michigan Mom- You, as a mother of boys yourself, stated that its difficult to do the day to day things with kids let alone with photographers following you. Britney has a staff. She doesn't have to do the tasks that you and I have to do daily. She has PEOPLE for that. She chooses to do those things to be in a position to have her picture taken. If you think about it honestly, what would it take for her to make a change? Not much. Spend time with her kids, where clothes that cover up the unmentionables, do what the court asks in regards to her kids and she could get them back. its her unwillingness to listen to the court or abide by any decision they make that is keeping her a she is. She may need mental help before she can get them back. She needs to focus on getting her life put back together and then worry about her career after.

Annette

I have to agree with Humor Always Appreciated. It's great to see some dry humor interspersed with all the ranting & raging. The funnies are really good too!