Britney Says She's "Scared"

10/11/2007 9:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

She's got plenty to be afraid of -- custody, failing drug tests, album sales -- but the biggest fear on Britney's mind yesterday was the paparazzi.

TMZ got Spears going in and out of Cabo Cantina yesterday, where she tried a new tactic to get the paps out of her way -- by continually repeating "I'm scared." As she walked into the Mexican restaurant, she dropped her new phrase at least 15 times as she weaved through paps.

Spears was just as uneasy with paps after eating, needing the assistance of a restaurant patron to get past the wall of photogs to her car.

R in Texas

SHE HAS BROUGHT THIS ON HERSELF! ACTING LIKE A LUNATIC IN PUBLIC FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS.. SHE CRAVES THE SPOT LIGHT OBVIOUSLY! LOOK AT ALL THE OTHER CELEBS WHO COME AND GO WITH NO PROBLEM. SHE CALLS AHEAD AND HAS THEM MEET WHERE SHE IS GOING, THAT IS HOW SHE GETS MONEY! DUH!!!

SHES MADE HER BED, NOW SHE IS SLEEPING IN IT??

Ace

Could be that Brittney is experiencing "Paranoia" from getting off the xanax..Leave her alone Paps..Brit you need to go into seclusion for a while....

anthonysdreamgirl**

So then leave her alone. Didn't your mothers teach you any manners?

Ladydi

she needs to stop, just the other day the pap's were cleaning her windshield and pumping her gas...
she could have a asst. gas her car up..she loves it and let's them know where she is going to be,,I am so glad the kids got taken from her..she was subjecting them to this nonsense also,,boys always looked terrified..
Does she ever stay home and eat??, I am sure she can afford a chef,,she could move some place else.. (she may have to stay in cali) becauseof the boys.....she lives in a mansion there is plenty to do there,,but oh no..she loves the attention..and looking like trailer trash all the while.. Don't you wonder why we do not see other stars and their children on a daily basis??..because they choose not subject themselves to such nonsense..

Jennie

I am no fan of Britney Spears actions or her music but this is ridiculous. I'd probably be a basket case too if every time I left the house I was attacked by strangers with a camera....if she finally goes off the deep end the paparazzi will share in the blame.

Felattio

Brit, after you get your car cleaned...find the hidden GPS devices by TMZ that have been tracking you all of this time.

Tangie

Guess what people..she is not gonna be left alone. The entire world hates her!!

lees

Is anyone really buying this???? Give me a break!

This was an act for the judge and her performance was no better than the VMA one.

free4all

" I'm scared"! MY ASS!! Britney calls the paps and tells them when and where she is going. According to Britney bad press is better than no press. What a loser!

Alex

I can't believe all the freaking comments about stay home....what is she, a prisoner?
I can't stay home for more than a day myself...I go crazy. She should be allowed to say home. I don't know why the paps have to get right in your face to take the pics...they can do it just fine from a bit of a distance. Their goal is to keep her outside as much as possible to get the most shots.

Fridayz

Stupid bitch can't have it both ways. She is a total attention whore who craves the paps to follow her around. If it weren't for them, no one would pay attention to her or her has been career. And if she is so scared, then stay home bitch!

Janest

HELLO TMZ, Britney has only failed to show up for a drug test. She has done one already recently and PASSED. Geez u guys, quit the B.S. Oh, and Harvey you are still an A-HOLE.

Cathy

To those of you who think that Britney should stay within the wall's of her house... AND NEVER LEAVE!!!!!! You are the crazy one's. Who the Hell are you to suggest she stop living?

There should be a law against this. God help Britney. NOBODY deserves this kind of harrassment.

Britney - take a Lawyer with you when you go out. Have him/her take the name's of each Photographer in your face and sue the life out of them for harrassment.

Pop

I really think if Brit is serious about straightening out her act, then she needs to stay home. The paps wouldn't have all these photo ops if she would just stay home!

BRITTNAY IS A JOKKKEEE

IF THE BITCH IS SO SCARED WHY DOES SHE KEEP GOING OUT IN PUBLIC......WHAT A STUPID BITCH....THEY SHOULD BE CHECKING HER FOR HER MENTAL HEALTH AND IQ NOT A FRICKEN PEE TEST....