Britney Says She's "Scared"

10/11/2007 9:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

She's got plenty to be afraid of -- custody, failing drug tests, album sales -- but the biggest fear on Britney's mind yesterday was the paparazzi.

TMZ got Spears going in and out of Cabo Cantina yesterday, where she tried a new tactic to get the paps out of her way -- by continually repeating "I'm scared." As she walked into the Mexican restaurant, she dropped her new phrase at least 15 times as she weaved through paps.

Spears was just as uneasy with paps after eating, needing the assistance of a restaurant patron to get past the wall of photogs to her car.

May302008

Aren't there laws against stalking???? If I were her, I definately would get a restraining order against you guys and maybe have charges made about the stalking. You lot are sick!

lissabell

Brit is a famous person and when you choose that line of work you are going to get your pic taken. I'm so sick of these celebs complaining about the paps, if it wasn't for them you would be no one!!!! And for those of you posting how they are stalkers - what the hell would you do with your free time if you could not go on sites like this. Guess what no paps no gossip sites. Are the paps going over board with Brit? Yes, but ask yourself why that is. Brit has welcomed this attention, no she should not have to stay in her house but when you say you love the paps and have them go into the bathroom with you, what does she expect? There are thousands of better celebs out there than Brit but we never see them becuase the paps respect them. Yes they get a shot hear and there of them but those celebs live their lives in privacy - yes it can happen - and do not welcome attention on themselves. Brit threw herself at the mercy of the paps so suck it up and deal with it sweetie!!

Annette

To 10:31 Seriously:

YOU'RE EITHER VERY YOUNG & NAIVE OR YOU HAVE SOME REAL ISSUES.

HOW OBTUSE OF YOU TO THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN TOP INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISTS WHO WORK FOR A RESPECTED MEDIA OUTLET.

JUST BECAUSE YOU (obviously) WANT SOMEONE OR SOMETHING TO BE A CERTAIN WAY - DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT IS. I GET ANGRY AT BRITNEY FOR PULLING THE WOOL OVER THE EYES OF DIEHARD FANS LIKE YOU. EVEN THOUGH YOU DO PROBABLY DESERVE IT.

YOU CAN'T CONTROL HOW PEOPLE PERCEIVE BRITNEY. BUT SHE CAN.

JJ

#63 :

Then she should have assistants pump her gas instead of paps.

She shouldn't invite them into the restroom with her.

She shouldn't change her outfits and go back out a bazillion times a day.

She shouldn't actually announce where she's going to paps!!!

Fame has a price, and she's pimping her own self out there like a cheap whore. She's getting exactly what she wished for, so complaining about it will get her no sympathy now.

idaho potato

Well, she almost had me feeling sorry for her and thinking she should start carrying Raid to get rid of all the pesky paps... until I read one of the entries above. Exactly how do ALL of the photographers know where she is or where she will be going. Are there twenty or thirdy cars following her every day and night or is it just by chance the paps are all in a Target parking lot? What is the whole story??!

wasted days and wasted nights

another day, another headline. it scares me to think of all the press she gets for her innane activities.

someone

#63
Posted at 10:31AM on Oct 11th 2007 by SERIOUSLY

SEE THAT KEY TO THE LEFT OF THE "A" KEY ON YOUR KEYBOARD, ITS CALLED CAPS
LOCK, PRESS IT ONCE AND NEVER, EVER PRESS IT AGAIN!!!

CHRISSY

If she's so "scared" then why does she call them and let them know where she's going? Give me a break!

marie

She has not been scared before...this is what you call paranoia after doing some kind of drug

Annette

#63: We see your rant every day across the blogs under different ID's, so you can rest assured that everyone who's even remotely interested already knows your opinion - such as it is.

I can guarantee if any public figure shaves her head & flashes her coochie for the paps, they're gonna get their picture taken. And people are gonna look. And people are gonna comment.

I bet you have an indexed book of excuses, with Britney name on the cover.

web

Brittany move to Chicago or some city, where celbs are few, like Oprah. She never gets hounded, and celbs come and go.

english

She should stay home and overdose.

Annette

#83 - THAT'S FUNNY! ;-)

Gwyka

Thank god the kids aren't with her - when she takes them out on errands and shopping with her, they did really look scared. Also, poor dog.

Sara

HEY DUH #75... ACTUALLY I SHOULD HIT THE CAPS LOCK KEY TO TURN IT OFF.

AND I AM "SCREAMING". BECAUSE THIS FREAKING COUNTRY HAS LOST THEIR MINDS SPENDING ALL THEIR TIME BASHING CELEBRITIES BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SPEND THAT TIME LOOKING AT THEMSELVES AND ADMITTING THEY AREN'T PERFECT EITHER OR ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING POSITIVE WITH THEIR TIME. IT'S ANNOYING, SO YES, IT PISSES ME OFF THAT EVERYONE IS SO OBSESSED AND SO DAMN JUDGMENTAL.

Some of the comments really are funny... but some of them are outrageous. I'm talking about acting like human beings here... which not many people on here seem to be able to accomplish. And I'm stupid???? I don't care who reads my RANT. All I wanted to do was post it, and I did so.

Thank you for responding. :)