Deep Discounts on "American Idol" Irregulars

10/11/2007 6:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Justin Guarini and Kimberley Locke didn't win "American Idol," but they are charging on with their careers and performing -- at the opening of a Texas outlet mall! For the love of Tiffany!
Kimberley Locke and Justin Guarini
While it may not be as high profile as a residential development or a regional hot air balloon festival, Justin and Kimberley will be doing their best to entertain discount shoppers at the grand opening of The Outlet Shoppes at El Paso on Friday. "From Justin to Kelly" never looked so good! To add insult to injury, Kimberley's name is even spelled wrong in one instance.

At this rate, it won't be long before Bo Bice is at a multiplex near you -- singing in the parking lot!

Sandra

It is better to do what you love to do then work in a boring office or worse yet write articles about someone/something you don't like to begin with.

stellsez

At least these 2 have a talent to offer the public. Unlike Elizabeth Hasselbeck from the view who's only talent was on Survivor.

April13

I agree with some who have posted here. Why does TMZ seem to have nothing good to say about anyone? I know that some people are just negative, but this goes over the top in most cases. If you like to be entertained, then try to find reasons to like those who entertain. I don't know why people waste their time on watching anything if it isn't to their liking. Once, yes. Repeatedly, no.

I still think that Season 2 of American Idol had the most talent and was the most enjoyable to watch. There have been a few that have done well, and I am a fan of Clay Aiken and Carry Underwood. I also like Elliott Yamin's voice. They might improve the show if they spent more time focusing on those with good voices instead of trying to humiliate those who can't sing or give 15 minutes of fame to people who KNOW they can't sing. I can't say I love the format, but there are many people out there with good voices.

I just get tired of all the negativity, here, elsewhere, and from the people who post. If I had the talent to get paid well for what I do well, I'd be quite pleased. It seems to me like some people just want to gripe. The ones who have done well are most certainly not karaoke singers. And, you can be sure that there are many out there who are "stars" in all types of music who really don't have good voices. So, what do people really want? I am not really sure sometimes.

And, oh, yeh, some of the American Idol alums have college degrees, other career things going on, have started and maintained foundations for great causes, and can do much more than sing. They can host, narrate, act, direct, and contribute in so many ways to entertainment and to American life. Let's all take a look at what we do before we just throw off on others.

Yes, American Idol makes money off of these kids/singers, but there have been some really talented and really good people who have come out on top or near the top. But that is due to their own integrity, not that of AI.

janette williams

I have never watched that show.

B

WE WHO SIT AT A COMPUTER ALL DAY , MAKE FUN OF THOSE WHO HAVE TALENT, MAKE GOOD MONEY, HAD THE GUTS TO TRY FOR THEIR DREAM, I CAN THINK OF MANY WITHOUT TALENT SHOWS WOULD BE WRKING 9 TO 5 LIKE MOST OF US, SO WHAT WRONG WITH THE WAY THEY WERE DISCOVERED? WTG GUYS ..

Dan

I never ever watch the stupid Karaoke contest called "Idol"
It it like being suffocated by a pillow to watch dorks sing someone else's song worse

Middleagedidolfan

To sing in such a venue is NO BIG DEAL for a professional!!!! Ask anyone in the music business! This is what "paying your dues" is all about! Think about it the next time you're in a restaurant with somebody really good performing and nobody listening. It's a rough, tough business, and only the strong survive. I wish them all the best.

B

@ APRIL13 I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY, NICELY SAID :)

k

did any of u know that simon cowell was retiring from american idol?So no more mean judge........................I hope

nickbchris

The real tragedy here is that Kimberly had to appear with Justin--if that's not a career killer, I don't know what is!!!!

gary

Kim..... get a gig on a cruise ship, better than a mall. Justin, go home.

Bereal

This is what sucks about the press. Someone is critical of two people who actually got off of their asses and had the guts to work hard and put their pride on the line with their own abilities. Unlike snotty, critical, no talent press members, most of which have never exceded in anything than bitching and moaning while having no talent or knowledge on anything except journalism. Until one of you guys have the guts to perform anything in front of millions of people, I would show them a little respect. This has nothing to do with American Idol. It is called respect for a fellow human. Easy to bitch, hard to perform.

Emily

Wow...I guess we didn't learn much from the embarrassment that was Tiffany. That poor girl--she had a good voice and was pretty talented, and they turned her into a mall girl. Did she ever do anything after that? Nope. Singing in the mall is basically like saying "My career's dead." Someone please send Paris Hilton, LiLo, Britney, and K-Fed to the mall!!! (Maybe Kate McPhee can listen to them while she's at GNC buying Geritol for her husband. At least then they'd have an audience.)
I have to say, though...I never thought much of Justin G. (anyone else think he kinda looked like Sideshow Bob with all that hair?), and Kimberley's voice doesn't do much for me, although "Eighth World Wonder" was a good song.

Aunt Bea

OK, so you had to be in El Paso that day to appreciate it. We live here and did not go to the mall because we didn't want to faint from heat exhaustion in the hot sun. An outdoor mall in sun country, typical planning in this town. However, the parking lot holds 6,000 cars and 5,000 cars were there. I suppose anyone interested could read about Oct. 11, 2007 in El Paso in the El Paso Times. There was also a Mexican rock concert at Cohen Stadium in the evening where 33,000 attended and many were taken away suffering from heat exhaustion. The highway coming from Mexico was one huge parking lot. All the mall attendees had to do was go south a little way on I-10 to Transmountain, cross through the mountain going east, and come out on the other side to attend the concert. Just trivia about a city which is growing by leaps and bounds, but I'd personally rather be in Alaska!
Aunt Bea

Garth

Gee ... how low ... almost as bad as having to write for a gossip rag to keep doing the thing you love the most ....