"Housewives 3" No Jo and Slade?!

10/11/2007 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ just received promo materials for the new season of Bravo's "The Real Housewives of Orange County," and we were shocked -- shocked! -- to see that Jo De La Rosa and Slade Smiley, the spiciest couple in the O.C. since L.C. and Jason Wahler, were nowhere to be found! Where'd they go?!
Real Housewives
Sources tell TMZ that the pair -- no longer an item -- declined Bravo's request for them to star on season three. We're told Jo had a commitment to her record label, and, more importantly, was over the show. Fear not, though, we've learned Jo (and Slade -- if you can stand it) could be getting their own "Hills"-esque spin-off, which will chronicle Jo's climb to musical stardom. Paging Heidi Montag! In fact, we're told Jo's label has hired one of Britney's songwriters to pen her stuff. Wait- is that a good idea right now?

Although they're no longer on the show, sources tell us that Bravo still used Jo to hype the new season, promoting a premiere party using Jo's picture. The nerve!

A Bravo spokesperson says that the decision to chop Jo and Slade had to do with the fact that, technically, she isn't a housewife anymore -- although, really, she never was. And the network has since added another housewife, Tamra Barney.

We talked to Slade, and though he wouldn't spill the beans on if a new show is in the works (so cagey that guy), he did tell us that Jo's music is "amazingly good," that the album is slated for a 2008 release and that he and his ex are building an "entertainment and production company" together. BTW, he stills sells insurance.

Merry Christmas

People ACTUALLY watch this show? [shake head]

Turtle7556

I think that I have the "reality show sickness" or am a voyeur. I LOVE most of the reality shows. I think part of the appeal of this one is that even rich people have a lot of problems. Health, kids, money, etc., etc. I did find Jo and Slade interesting but wasn't terribly fond of either.

sk

Hey jg, what the hell are you blathering about?
From dictionary.com:
Main Entry: seal the deal
Part of Speech: v phr
Definition: to come to an agreement; to determine the terms of an agreement
Example: You throw in that and it will seal the deal.
Usage: informal
dummas

hot snot

hey #13....not to be a total bitch .... BUT.....how else is it spelled? Just in case, you got up in arms, according to Websters....

Main Entry: seal
Function: transitive verb
Date: 14th century
1 a: to confirm or make secure by or as if by a seal b: to solemnize for eternity (as a marriage) by a Mormon rite
2 a: to set or affix an authenticating seal to; also : authenticate, ratify b: to mark with a stamp or seal usually as an evidence of standard exactness, legal size, weight, or capacity, or merchantable quality
3 a: to fasten with or as if with a seal to prevent tampering b: to close or make secure against access, leakage, or passage by a fastening or coating c: to fix in position or close breaks in with a filling (as of plaster)
4: to determine irrevocably or indisputably

hot snot

oh crap..sk # 16 you beat me

but im glad others noticed

PsychoMagnolias

Singing career? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? As to # 7, maybe she would preform better on a pole than in a recording studio. That seems like more her style.
As for Slade? He's really sssssssssssweet in a homosexual type of way.
(IMHO of course.)

spell checker

Actually my friend, you only show your ignorance!

SEAL - noun - a device incised to make an impression; used to secure a closing
verb - decide irrevocably
- make tight; secure against leakage

Granny Pants

Coto de Caza is an embarrasment to California in itself all you "locals"! Its a totally fake, manufactured tract home development filled with people from the Midwest living what they think the California dream is all about. These people are no more about California than Diddy is about the Hood. Jo as a pop star is pretty hilarious though, all 45 years of her. And hey Slade (of course that's your real name), everyone laughs at your car buddy.

Arrr

Are you kidding me? Who cares about these phony people with their financed lives?

Minnesota Nice

Alright people - if they were "real" typical they would be BORING and the network would have nothing to tout and we would not want to watch them! Come on people they are addicting to watch and fun to talk about. Leave Jo alone. She is cute, funny - horrible singing voice, but maybe entertaining enough to be signed by someone. She really isn't that horrible of a person, she was just stuck in the middle of an odd living arrangement - I give her more credit for getting out and not leaching off of Slade than if she were to have stayed with him - I know you all agree with that! I am more annoyed with gold diggers that latch on to people just for the money! This show is amuzing. It gives me something to watch on my MP3 while I am sweating away on the ARC trainer. LOVE The show - can't wait to see it back on TV!

shela306

Jo wants to get what she can isnt grateful for anything. Slade is obsessed with a a younger woman and tries to buy her love. Why doesnt he just buy the last girl he had on the show, and go away.

mrs dana point

Let me just say that some of what really goes on with these people is far more interesting and dirty than you will ever know....Coto is a joke its almost as far from the ocean as corona......Jo is a joke and everyone knows it.....NOSE JOB.....

L

I'm qualified to make this statement because I've lived in OC for 43 years:

These people are not representing the real OC. Of course people like this exist in OC, but they're such the minority. I know that the makers of reality shows read here, so I'd like to challenge you to make a show about the other OC, you know, the one that shows the homeless people sleeping on the streets & under freeway overpasses... pushing their stolen grocery carts, the people who stand in front of grocery stores and on freeway off-ramps begging for money, the graffiti, delapidated buildings, druggies doing their thing in the park, prostitutes, gangs...I think you get the idea. I dare you Hollywood....buy I know it'll never happen. It's not glorious enough...wouldn't want the world to know that we're not all materialistic, narcissitic, conceited and made of silicone.

Brendolyn

I never understood why Jo and Slade were on the show to begin with. She certainly wasn't a housewife. She was a real pain in the butt and a real user. I couldn't stand her and I'm really glad she won't be on this season's show. Good riddance. She's not as cute as she thinks she is and she doesn't have much singing talent. I can't imagine that she'll ever make it in the music business unless she sleeps her way to the top.

leslie

I love this show but I cam glad that Jo is not coming back. She thought she was much hotter than she is and was a whiney brat!