T.R. Knight Comes Out Again

10/11/2007 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Grey's Anatomy" doc T.R. Knight is so GLAAD he came out of the closet, he's taped a PSA in honor of National Coming Out Day. Isaiah Washington be damned!

National Coming Out Day is observed every October 11, and this year marks the one-year anniversary of Knight's public disclosure in People Magazine.

The PSA is part of GLAAD's "Be an Ally & a Friend" campaign, which encourages people to be allies to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people. Don't hate!

Knight, Neil Patrick Harris and Lance Bass are just three Hollywood stars who have chosen to live openly and honestly by publicly coming out of the closet in the last year. What are the rest of you waiting for?!

Related

Articles

annoyed

Great. Who really cares?

yvonneray

His face looks like an unshaped lump of clay. The idea that the girls would pine away for him on Grey's Anatomy is hilarious. Callie could eat him.

CrystalHasAnOpinion

I think that's awesome.

Merry Christmas

Let's make October 12 "National It's Great to Be Straight Day"

why

I agree with you #4. Let's do it.

Joy

OH MY GOODNESS, GET OVER IT T.R. NOW IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING HE DOES HAS TO DO WITH HIM BEING GAY. WHO GIVES A CRAP WHO PEOPLE SLEEP WITH.

Dan

Yuck! The straights can have him we don't want him...!

kim

I declare Oct 13 as National Heterosexual Day. I have nothing against gays but everything against any group who wants special recongnition for their sexuality. Please people its sex - you dont need a national day for it for goodness sakes! Overboard!

Flander Anapolis

When did it become cool to be an ugly arse wimpy crybaby? Oh yeah , It didn't

JC

As a Hetero, I feel like the other 364 days of the year allow me to "celebrate" my sexuality openly.. I, for one, have no problem allowing GLBT people to have the ONE day a year to celebrate the brave people who choose to COME OUT of the closet and live their life openly (often with fear and trials that heterosexuals like # 8, 6, 5, 4 and 1 will never experience, much less understand).. And that's what October 11 is about--providing support and encouragement in safe environments for people to come out to their friends, family and coworkers. The day that any heterosexual legitimately feels like they have to "come out" to their loved ones about being straight, is the day I'll be all for a "National Straight Coming Out Day"..

tim

it would be cooler if he was addressing this to all the people still in the closet

wasted days and wasted nights

Perhaps Sen. Craig could do an ad for Coming Out of the Stall Day.

Meowzer

As an out and proud gay man, let me tell you that EVERY day is "Hetero/Straight Day". Until there is fairness in housing and employment for everyone, equal marriage rights for homosexuals and an end to the constant bashing from idiots like the one's posting here, we need people like T.R. willing to stand up for the right to be himself. Not some manufactured clone. Just look what TMZ put under his photo. Gay's Anatomy. Real funny. Who'd you rather? T.R.!!!!

Merry Christmas

They don't need a day to come out of the closet. They can do that everyday. I have no problems with gay people, I just do not believe they have to advertise so much. They insist on making everyone accept them - not everyone will and they are entitled to their opinion. That doesn't make them "haters."

JC #10 - As for being "brave," - save that line for our soldiers, not the gay community.

Angela

I'm so sick of hearing about how hard it is for gay people! If you have to hide then you're doing something wrong-and you know it. You have a choice. You choose to be gay.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments