Feds: T.I. Tried to Buy Machine Guns, Silencers

10/13/2007 10:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) arrested rapper T.I. in Atlanta today on multiple weapons charges, after they say he had a bodyguard try to buy machine guns and silencers for him.

According to the Feds, T.I,, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was busted after they learned one of his bodyguards was allegedly trying to purchase machine guns for the musician. Authorities say the bodyguard admitted to purchasing about nine firearms for T.I. in the past and about 17 firearms for other people in the musician's posse on previous occasions. The bodyguard claims the rapper gave him cash to purchase the guns, because T.I., as a convicted felon, was not able to legally buy firearms. The bodyguard was arrested last week trying to buy several guns. After his arrest, the bodyguard agreed to cooperate with authorities -- that cooperation led to today's arrest.

Click here to read the complete statement from the Department of Justice.

suoires

in america, you can kill a dog and you go to jail....in america, you kill a black kid and walk...the seed, the very roots of the tree called america were watered with the blood of black , brown and red people...guess that thrist has not been quinched....with liberity... and justice...for some..

Itza Minkman

T.I. (Too Ignorant) is gonna be rappin' "jailhouse rock" with Michael ConVick and OJ (Prune Juice) Simpson.

Itza Minkman

T.I. (Too Ignorant) shouldn't have any worries in PRISON -- he's SUCH a tough guy, such a bad ass, right? He'll be whimpering like a school girl within 5 minutes. Enjoy the chow, loser!

Ant

Was he caught with the guns or is it just a body guard was arrested and is trying to save his own ass by snitching? No guns in TI's possesion = no case. When and if they find the guns, they better find some finger prints on them as well. Then again maybe the body guard will say he wiped them clean.

John Doe

a fool and his money.. "im too skinny to handle my own biz-me need guns"..

Itza Minkman

T.I. (Too Ignorant) should have called OJ (Prune Juice) and Michael ConVick if wanted protection: Prune Juice could have provided the guns and ConVick the attack dogs.

Itza Minkman

Nice post, The South -- way to debunk the sterotype you keep whining about.

Itza Minkman

His initials should be: ITS for "I'm Too Stupid"

Ant

Repulsed

yeah, Oprah is about as white as they come. look at her audience any day of the week. 98% white women, her style, if you watched when she did the road trip, She is so far from black america that it makes no sense. what does she do to help the poor black kids in America? Nothing, but she built a multi-million dollar school in Africa (but it was only for girls). To the media it makes her look like a saint. Most people I know wonder WHY she didn't build it here for the people whom she "says" she is one of.

Itza Minkman

Michael ConVick was gonna weigh in on the TI (Too Ignorant) issue, but he was busy electrocuting his parakeet.

Itza Minkman

Why didn't TI (Too Ignorant) just hire OJ (Prune Juice)?

Itza Minkman

TI (Total Idiot) will be playing the flesh trombone in the prison band

SinCity

"Arrest Comes After Harris, a Convicted Felon, Accepted Delivery of Machine Guns and Silencers; Additional Guns Found In Harris' Vehicle and House" Good for the feds. I hope they nail his a**. What does a rapper/musician need with machine guns/firearms and silencers, whose also a convicted felon for anyway....maybe to shoot some critics who hurt his little feelings? I can see his defense strategy now: "But your honor, my body guard lied and the bogey-man put those things in my house and car....not me."

Violence has already been escalating in our country as is and there has been a lot of violence surrounding rap musicians, and now this.

He's Boring now

This goof had an assortment of weapons in his closet at home, as well as a loaded handgun under his car seat when the sting went down. Even if the machinme guns and silencers charge doesnt stick----they can still get his ass as a convicted felon possesing weapons and he will in fact do jail time.

Hate to see it happen, I mean the guy does seem like a decent person when not pretending through lyrics and a microphone. I guess some folk just get caught up in the whole image thing, which in his line of work includes weapons. His career might be put on hold for the next 10-20 years of both Federal and possible State Prison time.

I would imagine his name came to the Feds, ATF (the worst and most unforgiving of all law enforcement) through a bust they did on a different illegal weapons purchase and they gave up the bodyguard who gave up I.T. HOpe I.T. has somebody to snitch on, else he'll do the whole sentence. Course if he snitches, that presents a whole different scenario when he gets to the Big House.

Time to man up and do the time for doing the crime. Wasnt like he didnt know it was wrong. Just so sad Entertainers and Sports Stars these days seem to lose sight of what is important and end up doing really really stupid things that cost them dearly. Maybe they need new handlers and bodguards as they sure arent getting good advice.

CELIA

He sounds like he knows what he is doing.....its Atlanta....and if you are running with the big boys a 22 gun won't do it....like taking a knife to a gun fight.............