Gummi Bear Has Fur Trimmed for Birthday

10/14/2007 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jason "Gummi Bear" Davis was hospitalized a week ago for stomach ulcers (among other ailments), but that won't stop the party bear from celebrating his birthday in style. He should hang out with Bobby Brown!

Gummi started his special day by gettin' his hair did, where the word-slurring fitness fanatic congratulated himself on losing 70 pounds. 70? Really? Later on, Gummi visited Koi (bears love fish!), sucking down cigarettes while spreading the birthday spirit -- to a homeless man.

It's hard to determine the bear's actual age. They don't keep records in the wilds.

Moose

Wow. So this is what we have come to for news, someone getting their "fur trimmed". I suppose it is far better than the nose picking crap that was posted earlier.

Reba Thornhill

So I hear his brother Brandon was the host of an ultra swanky shin dig last week at Manhattan's Pink Elephant (Kanye West even performed). The party was called the Ariva Party. Does anyone know what Ariva is?

DJ MARCUS

EASY AMERICA...LEAVE THE GUY ALONE!! YOU GO ROCK IT BIG BEAR!! ...HAPPY B-DAY

DJ MARCUS
(SAN FRANCISCO/LAS VEGAS)

perezsfiredstylist

I wish people would stop taking time out to make comments like,

"Does anyone care about this guy?"

I VERY MUCH care!!!! ME, OK so there. I love Jason and one of the simple pleasures of my day is catching him on TMZ so allow me that much, OK?

*I love you Jason! I think you are a good person and I wish you health and happiness always.

Seriously

Perezs Fired Stylist,

I love Jason too. He seems very caring, friendly, thoughtful, with a good sense of humor. I don't understand why he doesn't have a "steady" somebody. And I feel very bad that he has had such health troubles recently. Out of all the people out there that do NOT take care of themselves, and are selfish little brat's, HE would have to be the one with recurrent/chronic illnesses - not quite fair. I like him a lot - and am ALWAYS glad to see him on TMZ - even though they are mean about him.

Sincerely,

Tzzs

Honestly....I dont even care that his price goes up - I enjoy every post you guys put up here about this loser. Mainly because he still thinks he's important. Kudos to whoever writes them because I always end up laughing! PS Davis you're disgusting!

LizBeth

Who is this guy? What has he ever done? UGH!

Old Balls are Nasty!

Luv Ya Bear!

manny

Gummi's webcast is freakin' funny: http://www.egotvonline.com - it's called The Ego Scoop! Go get 'em Gummi!

Vix aka Team Aniston

I need PROOF of that 70 pound loss! He still looks like a Big One to me. However, if he's attempting to live a healthier lifestyle; working out, eating less, etc., then more power to him. Another way to redeen himself, is to stay away from Paris Hilton, that should help with the public PR factor.

Chubarama