It's Britney ... Booked!

10/16/2007 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed Britney Spears booked herself with the LAPD Monday night on misdemeanor charges of hit and run.

Wearing a black mini dress, black leather jacket and sporting silver chains around her neck, she walked into the Van Nuys jail last night and did the deed.

LAPD told us "at approximately 9:25 PM Miss Britney Spears checked into the Van Nuys County Jail for a court ordered booking. She was put through standard booking procedures which included booking photographs, fingerprinting and collection of information. Britney was at all time cooperative in the process. She was there approximately 45 minutes." We're also told she was never put in a holding cell, and she was polite and courteous to the officers. We're also told cops offered her the back entrance -- but she declined, opting to go in the front door. FOX 11 Los Angeles caught Brit on her way in and out of the jail.

The L.A.City Attorney charged Spears in September with one count of hit and run causing property damage and one count of driving without a valid California license. Both charges are misdemeanors, each carrying a maximum of 6 months in jail. The charges stem from an August 6 incident in L.A. where Spears was in a private parking lot in the San Fernando Valley and rammed into a parked car.

Britney's inmate information page from the L.A. County Sheriffs website:

LA County Shreiff's Office screesnshot

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

rico

Who?

Maggie C

OMGGGGG BRITNEY....what if she hit a person and he/she dies?? omg this girl, she CANT get worse now....im like WTFFFFF

de

Blue

Mugshot! Mugshot! This deal does include a mugshot, right?

ughhhhhhh

Dammm what she do now?? I go away from a min. and she does some other crazy thing lol

Dog is a racist mutt!

Crap, just when I realized there was an entire page, Brit free, and there she is again! Are we back to every second or third story being about her again!?! I wish the paps would leave her alone too- that way we wouldn't have to see TMZ become the 'all Britney, all the time' page again!

MITHY

MY YORKIE IS WAY CUTER THAN HERS

SACK OF SH*T

I still don't understand how or why she thought it was
okay to leave the scene of an accident, especially with all
of those cameras rolling filming her hit the car. Is it because
the other car didn't sustain very much damage or what?

Mission

Guess she got tired of the gas stations!

Annette

WAAA.... WAAA.... WAAA.... WAAAA.... LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm......................... NO!

;-)

robbyrob

dam I wonder how she is going to make her daily coffee run now?

JENIE SANCHEZ

i love u biRITNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please show these birds who ur!!!!!!!! i love u ur new song come on girl i know u can DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!U R # 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annette

Dear TMZ:

You don't know me, but...... I am a typical American housewife mother. My little girl just loves Britney Spears. She thinks Britney is just TOOO CUTE! As such, I am asking you to please print Britney's mug shot just as soon as it becomes available. Being such a dutiful mom, I need to add it to my daughter's scrap book. These things are so special to young girls, you know. My little girl just Loves scrapbooking.

Because of our catchy last name, my little girl took a personal interest in the photographs of Britney not wearing her underwear. I thought that was clever of her to notice that! And of course we're all just pleased as punch that Britney has turned out to be such a positive role model for America's youth. And what catchy names for her young 'uns! French Fry & Tater Tot. I could never in a million years have been so creative. Well I won't keep you. I'm sure you're quite busy taking care of your important business!

Thanking you in advance,
June Beaver.

Annette

Do some of you honestly not realize that Britney is being booked over an incident that happened some time back?

Annette