LAPD Investigating Orlando

10/16/2007 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Orlando BloomTMZ has learned the LAPD is investigating the car crash involving Orlando Bloom, and cops are still looking at the possibility that he committed hit and run.

The accident occurred just after 2:00 AM Friday, after Bloom left a Hollywood club. The woman in the back seat, prominent fashion stylist Cher Coulter, suffered a fractured neck in the crash. Minutes after leaving the club, Orlando smashed into a parked Porsche, then began walking away from the scene. X17 has video of paparazzi repeatedly urging Bloom to return, which he finally did.

Ironically, as Coulter left the club, before getting in the car, she said to Orlando, "What, are you gonna leave me on the street." Minutes later, that's exactly what he did -- when he walked away.

Detectives tell us Orlando has been interviewed by cops, and he said an SUV with paparazzi cut him off and caused the crash. The LAPD is investigating that as well.

As to why Bloom was not given a field sobriety test, one detective says that even if an officer saw "minor objective symptoms" of intoxication, it's still a subjective judgment call.

The LAPD tells us the investigation is open and active.

We contacted Bloom's rep -- so far, no word back.

MommyWhatsADoucheBag?

To All the Haters Out there..... sucks that your poor and can't afford an attorney, but dont hate on people who actually can afford attorneys, publicists, etc. Your all just jealous! Ha Ha Poor people of america. What really sucks is all your friggin whining!!

just my input

John

The only think open and active in this story is Teresa Strasser's big mouth.

marie

to 13 %$$&**^$! =with a name like that sounds like YOU don't have 2 pennies to rub together.your such a ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a Clue

16. Whatever.....he was probably stunned by the accident and not sure what he was doing !! Why not go after more LAW BREAKING celebs.....this is rediculous!

Posted at 5:36PM on Oct 16th 2007 by just my input

****

Gee, that sounds like a great defense, you moron.

"Well Judge, here's the dealio... yes I was tipsy and drove, whereby I lost control of my vehicle after hitting on some poor guys girl.

Then I panicked and started to walk away, but changed my mind after the paps told me that would be hit and run.

And yes, my poor decision to drive left my friend with a broken neck, so I decided to make up some outrageous lie that a car packed full of paps caused me to swerve into the car parked on the side of the road.

But please, the reason this all happened was because I was 'STUNNED' after the accident and THAT's what made me do all of those things. Please chase more LAW BREAKING celebs like Britney Spears who dented an empty car and didn't leave a note"

ROTFLMAO!

who dat

It would seem that a fst would be standard procedure after an accident. Especially at 2 a.m. in the morning. Furthermore, the fact that a serious injury occured, would make it more critical to determine any impairment.

Without knowing the specifics, it appears the police gave Orlando Bloom a free pass.

Rustyvain

TOOL

Juankcid

What's the point of continuing to investigate Orlando? The police failed to thoroughly do their job at the correct time which would have been the scene of the accident. The video footage will not be enough to convict him of hit and run or determine his sobriety. Witnesses support him in that a paparazzi cut him off causing the accident. Where could his investigation possibly go? Find another story TMZ, this one is done.

just my input

#18

btw...proven theat the paps played a role in the accident. Get you facts stroight!

just wondering

...he WAS walking away...but did the right thing by turning back...no law says u can't walk 50 ft and turn around and come back!!!!!!!!!!

Ted neck

He had some blow to dump?

Fred

One more example why the cops, attorney generals gang, and the courts in California need to be put under Federal control. A one occupied car vehicle accident with personal injury and no testing especially in an area known for the bars???????

How long will the rest of America put up with this embarassement of a state.

FlBiker

Mr. & Mrs. Lindsay Lohan?

Petite

Yea~ I'm guessing he had some blow to dump.

Ted neck

Cops cut crackers like me slack. Its wrong but I cant complain.