Don't Screw the Pooch!

10/17/2007 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen DeGeneres has been attacked by a pet adoption agency for committing a cardinal sin -- not getting approval before giving an abandoned dog to a loving family.

TMZ obtained this clip from last night's taping of Ellen's show that will air today. In it, she says the fight should not be about anything but the dog, and the dog just needs to go back to the family.

TMZ broke the story that Ellen had given a dog she adopted to her hairstylist after she realized the pooch didn't get along with her cats. The adoption agency ripped the dog from its new digs because Ellen signed a contract that said if she gave the dog up it would go back to the adoption agency -- HELLO?!? Adoption, loving home!

Now we've learned Ellen never submitted an application to adopt the dog, nor did she undergo a home inspection that seems so important after the fact. There were no holier-than-thou terms to this process.

For the record, we're told the agency has greenlighted other dog adoptions with young children in the house -- the "kids" in question here are 12 and 13.

Also, we've learned the deal was that the info on microchip in the dog's neck was supposed to be updated with Ellen's information. That was never done. That's why when the police checked the chip, the dog was still registered to Mutts and Moms.

patty

The whole situation is sad on everyone's part..Why didn't Ellen have to submit an application to Mutts and Moms for adoption? which is a requirement? Did Mutts and Moms discuss the policy with her regarding what to do if the dog did not work out? or did she just walk in and they were "star struck" plus getting a large donation and sayto hell with the application/contract..

ANOTHER .BIG QUESTION??? How come Mutts and Moms didn't follow their rules of adoption and go and check out Ellen's home to see if it was fit for the dog??? or were they more interested in her big donation than the dog (s) they are supposed to protect??

The dog and the children are the ones who are paying for this debocle..shame on Ellen and shame on Mutts and Moms for not enforcing ALL THEIR REQUIREMTS FOR ELLEN TO ADOPT!! and maybe they would have seen the problem with her cats and opted not to let her have the dog..Both parties are guilty of neglect..

Murph

freaking lame, you are not an animal lover, you should not have a dog, animal cruelty is very big here and because they care so much, that they have to make sure people are getting the dog for the right reasons and not because you are lonely, or you need protection. go ahead, do your worst, because there are so many real animal lovers, that will stand up for true rescue shelters, such as this one.

YES REALLY!?

I GOT YELLED AT BY ONE OF THOSE NUTS TO PUT A JACKET ON MY DOG AS I WAS WALKING HIM DOWN THE STREET.I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND IT WAS NICE OUT.
I YELLED BACK HE WAS BORN WITH A COAT AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO GET SHOT BY THAT LADY.
MY PET IS TAKEN CARE OF BUT I WILL NOT ''BREAST FEED HIM'' OR LEAVE HIM MONEY IN MY WILL.

Bec

These kind of "rescue orgs." cherry pick their dogs from local pounds. They go on the lists to get these choice dogs and the second they are avaliable for adoption they are there. They only choose the puppies or small adoptable dogs and charge an unreal fees for people to adopt them. They get food and supply donations and say they are "helping". They are for PROFIT! If this situation had involved a "normal" person, these nut jobs would have just visited the home then left the dog. They are out for the media time and it is backfiring.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

Whatever Murph. I've had my dogs for over 7 years now and they live indoors and are wonderful companions. I love them with all my heart. But I shouldn't be a dog owner? How am I abusing my dogs or being cruel to them? By allowing them to sleep in the living room floor? You're right, I'm so abusive. Better come and take my dogs away and find them better homes!

If you want to dictate everything the animal does for the rest of it's life, then keep the animal. Don't adopt them out, it's simple as that. Why do you adopt at all? Clearly, no one except yourselves are able to measure up to your "standards" of care for these animals.

You people really are nutjobs! LOL

Scaramazoola mitzificula bibbidy bobbidy boo

Bombard Vanessa Chekroun, the "compassionate human being" who took the dog away, with emails. Her email address:

pawboutique@yahoo.com

Tell her how she is the most HATED woman in America right now!

Jenn

Michael Daley, it was M&M's that threatened to call the media and they are the ones that called the police (which would have gotten it all into the media then anyway). M&M are getting exactly what they are asking for.

Lookout

It's not just that a celebrity is getting slack. It's just the opposite. Ellen a "Celebrity", is getting slack because of that and only that. Check Mom & Mutts or who ever these people are and find out how many non-celebrities they've gone after. I say put the pressure on this organization and tell them to give the "DOG", back.

Skank You, Y'all

It's OBVIOUS 1 person suddenly posted a bunch of "anti-Ellen-don't-give-the-dog-back" posts under different names. They all seemed to suddenly pop up all at once.
Judging by the votes, it's obvious over 95% of the people disagree with the dog being taken away.

Just give the dog back. On tv today, they showed the home where Iggy was - GIVE THE DOG BACK!!!

Sarah

They Are Mean People, CANNOT Be REAL Mothers, No Mother Would Do That To A Child. Ellen Made a Wrong, the AGENCY Could Have Righted the Wrong But Instead They Are Being Cruel to the KIDS & the Dog. They Are Not Perfectly Good. BULLIES Is All They Are. Mean Cruel People Who Probably Sleep Good At Night Because they Are Too Horrible to Even Realize How Much They Hurt those Kids and That Dog. They Think It's OK to Sacrifice the Kids & The Dog to Stand Up Against a Celebrity Who Was Yes WRONG. But It's Not OK to Sacrifice the Animals They Are Supposed to Be Here To Protect. CLOSE MUTTS & MOMTARDS!!!!!

MissouriGirl

I have a home in the "country" with a very large fenced in yard. I recently tried to "adopt" a dog from a "rescue organization", but once they learned that I lived outside of town, they wouldn't allow me to adopt. They didn't even come to my home to see the fence, or the large yard the dog would have to play in. They told me that I needed to be with the dog 100% of the time, and when I couldn't, I needed to place the dog in a travel kennel. I'm sure all dogs would be much happier in a 2X2 foot space, rather than a house to roam free in, or a 5 acre fenced yard to play. Do these people even KNOW dogs? They are not meant to be caged!

I ended up buying from a very reputable breeder, and my little guy couldn't be happier! He loves his new home, and loves his big playground! Adoption agencies be damned!!!!!

ENOUGH ALREADY!

Exactly, just give the dog back. Quit power tripping.

Cartman

LESBIANS UNITE!

This is our Jena!

First they steal puppies from our proteges... what is next? They won't let us wear cut our hair short?

Eff that, Vote for Ellen and our rights!!!!