Britney Cuts Deal in Hit and Run Case

10/18/2007 10:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Britney Spears has settled her civil case with the owner of the car she hit in a parking lot last August.
Britney Spears
The L.A. City Attorney had filed criminal hit and run charges against Spears. Law enforcement sources have told TMZ that if Spears reached a civil settlement, the hit and run case would probably be dropped.

Sources say Spears has agreed to pay the car owner approximately $1,000 for damage plus rental car expenses. Settlement papers are set to be signed on Monday.

Spears has also been charged with driving without a license. Law enforcement tells us that charge probably will not be dropped as a result of the civil settlement.

Giggles

There is no way that her civil settlement should negate the criminal charges. Let the bitch face the music like everyone else would have to do.

crymeariver

I think this will get interesting

crymeariver

I live in a town where cell phone coverage is lousy.....
You can move just less than 30 feet and you will loose a signal.

MK in VA

My comment to Brittney Spears!!!

Why, Why, Why Brit.....Won't you get some help.... There are sooooo many children in this world that suffer because their parents HAVE NOTHING.....They have work their butts off to provide for their children and YET still find time to be parents!!!! I think it is a travisity that you have allowed Hollywood and fame to consume you!!! If your babies can't get thru to you then I don't know what can....perhaps you need to turn to your faith!!!

While you are driving around with no panties....there is a child in a closet crying for a parent to love them...or a parent to stop hurting them..... What will your children say about you??

There aren't enought you tubers in the world to save you.... You need to find people who truly care about you and will support you and get your life together.....

Allen Walton

If she doesn't have a license, doesnt that mean she also doesn't have insurance?

nellie

I think the car owner got more than that. The car was not even damaged. I think they filed hit and run charges for money and to get attention. She barely hit the car. Why would they need a car to be rented ........................................... Poor Britney if this was a normal everyday person. She would of walked away with paying nothing. There are some advantages I am finding out not to be famous and rich.

Sick of It All

well, it's not like she needs the money to take care of her kids...yea, you stupid smelly whore, you have two kids but WHERE are they???????????????????????????????

Deb

Who cares? I am SO sick of her! There are men and women fighting for our country, sacrificing their lives and all we hear about is Britney? How pathetic is that? Come on America!

P-Type

BREAKING NEWS TITNEY SPEARS IS NO LONGER A STAR- BE GONE WITH HER!!!!!

robbyrob

THIS IS GOOD TO HEAR!! U GO BRIT!

George Clooney is a Pu$$y

Yep, sounds fair... I don't think the dope-tart understands that this could have all been avoided by getting in touch with the poor woman who's car she hit in the first place instead of ignoring her repeated phone calls. If it were me, I would have put the screws to the dope-tart and made her squirm. I've got to give it to the lady Brit Bit%h hit, she is a nice lady.

John

TOTALLY UNFAIR FOR BRIT. THE OTHER CAR WASNT EVEN HIT THAT BAD. I SAW THE VIDEO AND IT REALLY WASNT WORTH "RENTAL CAR EXPENSES".

It was just a slight bump in the rear. How does that make the car so damaged that he needs to get a rental car?

Ida Clair

If the bump on the other car required painting, that means you will need a rental car that day.

One of the early comments pondered "isn't a license a license?" Nope it isn't. Each state has it's own tests and requirements. California, Colorado (many more, I'm sure) require you to get a license issued by the state you are living in within something like 30 days after moving. I would guess because of insurance concerns largely.

Annette

EVERYONE PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF POSTS THAT INCLUDE LINKS TO ANOTHER SITE OR POSTS THAT ENCOURAGE YOU TO GO TO AN OUTSIDE SITE. THERE IS A VERY NASTY COMPUTER VIRUS GOING AROUND & THE PEOPLE BEHIND IT ARE HITTING THE BLOGGERS. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

Spurs

Yo nellie - the reason they need to rent a car retard is because they need to have something to drive while there car is in the shop getting fixed. Wow, you really need to grow some functioning brain cells if you couldn't figure that one out on your own.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments