Britney's Visitation Suspended

10/18/2007 12:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has learned Britney Spears has had her visitation rights with her kids suspended until she complies with all court orders.

The order by L.A. County Commissioner Scott Gordon came after K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, went to court yesterday for an emergency hearing.

The order reads, "Petitioner's (Britney's) visitation with the minor children is suspended pending Petitioner's compliance with the court orders."

Brit's next shot at getting the kids is October 26, when she's been ordered back to court.

The order says, "The parenting coach is to submit a report to the court and counsel prior to October 26, 2007."

UPDATE: We've learned Brit did not provide the drug testing people with contact information so they could reach her to facilitate the random tests, and that is what triggered Commish Gordon's action.

noname

My kids and I have been in the Los Angeles famliy court system for years. Divorce and Custody. When you are involved in the courts they own your kids. You cant enroll them in school, move, anything without the courts permission. If fact, it is the same courthouse that Britney's case is in. You are part of the system. I had to go through all those co-parenting classes, child custody evaluations the works.. jumping through hoops. The end result? I have primary custody of my kids. Even though I dont like how intrusive the courts are, you do what you have to do to get your kids back. Its worth it if you love your kids.

idaho potato

Her defiance is her downfall. The 'rule of the court' is the rule of law. Justice is blind and so is Britney. She better take of those sunglasses and start seeing what is happening around her.

She's no longer living her life. Her life is living her.

Kimbro

It just goes to show you, all the money in the world does not make you a good parent. It seems like she gives her pets more attention. Talk about screwed up priorities. Selfish people should not procreate.....its just not fair to their offspring.

verna

It is beyond me now. If she just does not want to be responsible for her children, then give them to K Fed. Give him full physical custody and then have monitored visits. I do not believe she is ready to be a mom. She is acting like most people her age without kids. Running around, partying, doing whatever she wants when she wants. That is ok, if she did not have the kids. I think she now sees that rushing into marriage and children was not what she expected and now, she is trapped. Emotionally this must be playing havoc with her psyche. She needs treatment. If not her poor kids will never have a proper realtionship with her.
But besides that I still believe that she has never had any talent to begin with and is a waste obviously to society. People stop making her rich by buying her stuff. Thanks!

Daphne

I do think that men have a tendency to stick together, and this judge is clearly on KFed's side.

Aftter all, KFed is partying too. It's just that when it's a guy no one seems to hold it against him but Britney gets condemned.

She should be checked for postpartum psychosis,though, people in the medical professions have brought this up repeatedly.
The youngest child is barely one year old and it could be that Britney's hormones are still going crazy.

There is a difference between postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis - the latter is much more severe.

Blah blah blah

Noname ----Thank you for your honesty. You said it all in the last sentence. There is nothing a good parent wouldn't do if they want and love their children.

moi

Calling the judge an "old fart" probably didn't help......

Debbie/grandmother

Believe she has a substance abuse problem...yes, she passed a couple of tests but in the long term will she be able to continue doing that? I do wonder if the reason why she lost visitation is because she had a positive ua result. Addiction is such an insidious thing and it is what consumes you. I have a sibling addicted to drugs. It is his world. Nothing else matters not even his family. Such a tragic thing. I do hope Ms. Spears will get it together. She must hit rock bottom to do that and it sounds like she's not there. When she stated that she was happy AFTER losing her babies tells me she is no where near the bottom and that something is very wrong with her mentally. Her life is more important to her than her children's unfortunately. I'm not sure things will change. I hope I'm wrong.

who cares

SHE NEEDS TO JUST GIVE THOSE KIDS UP A NORMAL MOM WOULD GIVE UP THEIR OWN LIFE FOR THEIR CHILD AND THIS CRAZY ASS CANT GIVE UP PARTYING OR DRUGS TO KEEP THEM WHAT A LOSER
MOM OF THE YEAR??? YEA RIGHT
GIVE THE KIDS TO ANGELINA SHE WANTS MORE KIDS
SHE HAS NO USE FOR THOSE KIDS SEEMS SHE IS SEEN MORE WITH HER LITTLE ASS DOG THAN HER OWN KIDS

Waffles

Quick Check: who DIDNT see this coming? Hands? Anyone?

Guess calling the judge an "old fart" to the paps isnt going over too well..

Knock, Knock- "Its DYFS, bitch.."

Robyn

If I remember correctly was Brit-Brit supposed to attend parenting classes several days per week?? I bet she hasn't done that, she's too busy flirting with the Paps, getting gas and running to the border for Taco Bell!!! She doesn't deserve those kids. If MY kids were taken away from me I'd fly to the moon and back to do what I had to do to get them back, she plain doesn't care. SAD.

Ewwwwww

To #31 noname
I also had to jump through all of the hoops the judge ordered for me.
(Also in Los Angeles)
I didn't agree , nor like all of the orders --- but I did follow every last one.
I have FULL legal and physical custody of my four kids.
It is the end result that matters, not how insanely stupid it is to get there.
So glad I followed all of the ridiculous orders.
Why can't she follow them ? I can only assume she does NOT want those kids.

mm

stupid girl

Miz Gigi

Are you kidding me? It's only cuz she's acelebrity that she's gotten chance after chance anyway. ER hearing a week after the original custodial and visitation order? What could have changed in a week that she could be granted overnight visits?? Give me a break. This woman (to out it nicely) only cares about herself. Actions speak louder than words. Just leave the kids with the dad who obviously knows how to behave himself well enough to do the right thing in the eyes of the law. Regardless of his character, he's still the better parent. AND FOR THAT MATTER, when the hell is she going to kill herself??? She's wasting our oxygen on this earth!!!

Goldielocks

OMG, what now?????? Where is K-Fed getting all this $$ for an expensive lawyer?