Ellen Cancels Taping

10/18/2007 5:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen DeGeneresEllen DeGeneres has canceled the taping of her show today.

This comes days after an emotional week for Ellen, who broke down in tears on Tuesday's show, as she recalled how Iggy the dog was ripped away from her hairstylist's home by a rescue organization.

The show issued this statement: "Ellen is taking a long weekend and will be back with a new show on Tuesday."

We're told that Ellen's producers asked country crooner Keith Urban -- who was previously scheduled to appear on the show -- to perform for audience members who had already arrived for the taping, not knowing it was canceled.

Ban stupid humans, not dogs

Well said, ceegee.

Desease control

Told yahh so Ellen is so upset about this it is affecting ehr show.

annanicolestern

Ellen, and celebs like her, have to be shown that they are NOT above
the rules. This whole thing could have been avoided had she simply
followed the adoption centers rules stating if the dog did not work
out for her, she would RETURN it.Personally, I don't think Ellen gave
the dog a chance. The cats and new dog would've eventually learned how
to get along. It's not like Iggy is a pitbull or anything (I love
pitbulls and all dogs, BTW :)And she should have followed rules and
let the adoption people know IMMEDIATELY about the new prospective
family, filed the correct papers/forms--all that stuff. There are
good reasons adoption centers are so strict with who they place
animals with! And, Ellen herself turned this into a media-blitz,
frist by whining on her dumb show and then setting up TMZ paps when
they took the dog away. Wrong, wrong, wrong Ellen :(Like most of us,
I also want what's best for the dog--and I have no doubt he is better
off where he is. Dogs adjust and Iggy will feel no ill effects from
bouncing around--as long as he is in a loving stable home now. Dogs
are not toys--you don't just bounce them from owner to owner , home
to home--which is what Ellen HERSELF did. She acted irresponsibly.One
way to make up for what you did Ellen, is first, apologize to the
adoption people, MAKE SURE you will keep an animal once you take it
home, and damn girl!! -just BUY another dog for your hairdresser and
her whiny-ass kids!!! They've already got a dog ANYWAY. Sometimes
that's reason alone for an adoption center NOT to approve an
adoption. You never know how the dogs will react, even though they
seem to be getting along initially.Celebs have to follow the same
rules evryone else does. PERIOD.
Bye y'all!

Cartman

I think Ellen stepped in a pile of POOP!

POOP! POOP! POOP!

That was cool.

Sparticus

This women needs a doctor! Everyone can see ,it's not about the dog. This women has finally lost it! JUST ADMIT IT ELLEN! iT'S HARD BEING A LESBIAN!

zach

Oh, really?... If that;s true then cite a credible source for your hearsay "info"# 105 Phil Jones.

I'm not particularly an Ellen fan but and many others I know will be more likely to watch her show. She's proved to be someone with hreat who is not afraid to speak out against a wrong done, even when she knows she'll get flak for it. She ahs shown herself as a person with depth and the courage to show her true feelings.

Baktis owes Ruby, her family and all the people who care about dogs that need good himes a major apology.

carole

I like Ellen but. .... She mis-used her power. I have heard from more than one person in the rescue commununity that Ellen has adopted in the past and given the animals away, because "they" didn't work out in her home. She has a past. I think this was all so unfortunate for everyone and Iggy. The adoption agreements are universal and are all very clear and repetitive about contacting the foster/rescue organization to either return or report a change of address - Ellen knew what she was doing.

Renee

TO ELLEN: PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW YOUR PEERS AND BECOME SOMEONE WHO CANT OBEY RULES THAT US "NORMAL" PEOPLE HAVE TO OBEY. WITH THE MONEY AND LEGAL TEAM YOU HAVE, I WOULD ONLY HOPE YOU READ THE FINE PRINT AND READ WHAT YOU AGREED TO B4 YOU SIGN IT....YOU ARE MORE DISTRAUGHT OVER THIS THAN THE KID. TEACH THE KID HOW TO BE HONORABLE AND TELL HER THAT YOU SCREWED UP AND BUY HER A NEW DOG.....DAMN!

THE POOR ADOPTION AGENCY IS GETTING DEATH THREATS OVER THIS!!! HOW LONG DID THE KID HAVE THE DOG....

ELLEN IF YOU ARE HAVING A MELT DOWN....GO SEE DR. PHIL BUT WHEN YOU GET ALL UPSET AND DISTRAUGHT OVER YOUR HAIRSTYLISTS DAUGHTERS DOG THAT YOU GAVE HER.....REMEMBER ABOUT ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN DYING EVERYDAY SO YOU CAN LIVE THE FABULOUS LIFE YOU LIVE....PLEASE DONT END UP LIKE THE REST OF THESE SELF ABSORBED CELEBRITIES!!!!!

Crystal41

People - stop picking on Ellen, please! She feels terrible and responsible for disappointing the child of a friend and someone who works for her. I don't blame her - I'd feel that way too . . . maybe not to quite that extent, but people who love animals and people as she clearly does take these types of things personally. It's not the dog, it's the principle of the thing, and the fact that she disappointed the child. Everyone has issues they feel strongly about - yes, she is a very funny lady, but not everyone can be perfect all the time. At least she's honest about her feelings and feels close enough to her audience to share her life with us all, rather than be a phony and force herself to be happy when she is not. That would be much worse in my opinion.

-Crystal

Connie

She has a poor track record, if she cared she wouldn't give up so easily and especially not keep repeating the mistake.

Cartman

How is getting her fanbase to attack a non-celebrity a good thing? Oh but she was only trying to help a poor dog and a crying kid! *eye rolls*

I still say Ellen won't be happy until one of you nutjobs kills the owner of that Mutts and Moms place. The publicity it gave her weak show was a bonus for her.

Why couldn't she just attack Trump to pump up her ratings like the other TV lezbos? Although it must be satisfying to crush someone with your celebrity powers, muhahaha

skhg

There would be no FINE PRINT, if their only interest is doing what's best for the dog. It should be in capital letters, and the adoptee's made well aware of the fact. I'd like to see the wording on it, as well. Ellen stated the dog was to be returned to Mutts & Moms, only it.. Ellen couldn't find a good home for it. Ellen did inform them of that she'd found a good home, and the people did properly apply for Iggy, which should've led to a home inspection, and no problems what-so-ever. I think we're all still questioning the fact that the chip hadn't been put in Ellens name, as well. I wonder why the nut checked Iggy, in the first place?? Possibly she had a friend that wanted the dog after Ellen had already adopted it.., and the whole point of the phone call, was to see if she could get the dog back. There's something fishy about the whole ordeal.. and I don't think it's on Ellens part.

crimson pixie

Interesting to see the number of people who are so very uncomfortable with witnessing raw emotion.. they turn away because it's not their highly processed, schock tv. *Oh the horror! Real tears. ugh* You peopel are impoverished.

Ms. Baktis broke her own rules yet slams down the rule book when it comes to her petty pissing contest with Ellen. She will be known from here on out as a petty dictator who may know all her rules but none of the true spirit of animal rescue and care.

yuelulu

I'd like to see the ADOPTION people apologize. Sorry we blew this out of proportion, sorry we threatened you with calling the media, sorry we blatently lied and told the hairdresser we were coming over to fill out an application and make a site visit, sorry I 'forgot' to change the microchip info, sorry I was unable to act like a mature adult and have a normal discussion, sorry I behaved more like an lawyer than an animal care facility. At no time did the adoption place say 'this is an unfit home'.
She should have behaved like a professional and say 'hey, this is not how it's supposed to work but i see this home is secure and the dog is in good condition. Let's get this paperwork taken care of. END OF STORY

Laura

Well, this is becoming odder and odder. I've been supportive of Ellen's situation, but now I'm beginning to wonder what else might be going on.

I've adopted dogs and cats, and have been able to integrate them with just a little bit of patience and understanding. No problem.

But I do know cat-people who are so used to cats that they can never get used to dogs.

I wonder what Portia's thinking about all of this?