Ellen, Portia Rush to Home Where Iggy Was Taken

10/18/2007 10:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was the only camera at the home where little Iggy was taken Sunday night, when Ellen and Portia frantically arrived, only to find the dog was already gone.

CLICK IMAGES TO PLAY VIDEOS.

It's emotional, raw and heart-wrenching. Watch Ellen, Portia, Ruby (the little girl) and Cheryl (Ellen's hairstylist) describe the blow-by-blow of how Mutts and Moms steamrolled through the home and took the pup.

Take a look at the backyard confrontation where Marina Baktis of Mutts and Moms scooped up the pooch as cops decided who would walk away with Iggy.

AJ

I have to say, listening to Portia and Ellen, they are both so rational and clear.

The initial video I saw of Ellen implied she was not quite clear and just emotional. BUt this makes sense, she is quite level-headed about it. And once you hear how the Mutts & MOM's woman behaved I cannot help but side 100% with Ellen & Portia.

We obtained our Boxer through a rescue, they have the same policy, but they would have allowed us to place him, as long as they could see the home and do the follow-up. They would NEVER swoop in on a Power-trip and whip a dog away like that. What a LOVELY home Iggy was in, and what a fantastic backyard!

Connie

If the puppy bonded so quickly to the family, then the same is true of Ellen. She doesn't care about that at all, does she? In truth, the puppy has no emotional ties to either one. At this age, he's more worried about play and food, however and whomever give them.

moretocome

I guess I'm torn. At first I thought Ellen was wrong. After watching the videos and reading the crazy rescue worker’s interviews I’m thinking she had her own agenda. She comes off as completly nuts. The only one I'm truly sad for is Iggy. Poor thing.

mrogi

Mutts and Moms announced that Iggy has found a new home. Iggy has been adopted by the Michael Vick family.

Desease control

Ruby is the one who needs to get an atterny to get the dog back and then sue for the personal trama . She does have grounds to sue.
a person came into her home and removed her property under false pretenses.

If Ruby wants her dog back she must fight this fight herself.

kittyfriskywhiskers

They are more worried about "being right" and "justified" than they are about the welfare of this dog and the broken hearts of two little girls (who are age-appropriate concerning responsible animal care). I sincerely hope that they lose any remaining animals to another adoption agency, because it's clear that they're more worried about being right than what's best for the animals. No adoption for animals if the household has children under the age of 14?! What happens if 3 years after the adoption, they have another child? That is absolutely the MOST assinine rule that I've ever heard. I can maybe see their concern if they were adopting to a houshold of toddlers who tend to be more "rough" with animals, but certainly kids at age 11 & 12 are capable of caring for an animal both physically & emotionally. The animals need to be taken from them, let them see what it feels like. Like the other person said, I'm worried about their other animals being punished for this one incident. Let another adoption agency have them.

Spencer Shakespear

Where's the insane over-the-top Chris Crocker-style YouTube video, YO??!!

http://www.intact.ca/ (Here's a more interesting video!!!!)

Shelby

Desease control

I would like to slap the tar out of that bitch who took Iggy

It was wrong but worse was the way the woamn went about it very bad thing to do to a child

If I ever see this woamn I well knock her teeth out!

elina

I am sorry to say but Ellen is plain wrong. Just because she is a celebrity does not mean she can get away with things. I am sure agency has rules for a reason...Ellen is being selfish and cries out load and does more bad than good. Animal rescuers get a bad wrap because Ellen decided she did not want this dog after 12 days and gave it up. I t does not matter she found home for him what matters is that he was inconvenient for her after 12 days and now she is playing mother Theresa rushing and trying to save animals. Save this drama, please. Ellen is wron, plain wrong, using her celebrity to create problems for rescuers who help animals everyday to find home. Being a TV persona she needs to take responsibility and weight issue out to see if it weill create more good or bad. It is creating more bad. But Ellen does not care---shre is set out to villify agency and create a saint out of herself...it is all about her...I hope you get your karma nasty Ellen.

Julie

It's really too bad that this misunderstanding got blown so far out of proportion. Clearly Ellen and Portia made a mistake in not reading the adoption rules very carefully, but they didn't mean any harm. I can also understand why the rescue group has such rules. They screen people who adopt the animals, and don't want the dogs to be given away to other people who have not been screened. They are trying to protect the dogs. I think that they went overboard in this case, but I think their intentions are good also. What I don't like is the fact that Ellen tried to use the television show plea to put pressure on the rescue group. I'm not surprised that they responded angrily to this tactic. Ellen should have tried to work things out privately, and if she couldn't, she should have just let it go and moved on.

Justme

their name should be "MUTTS AND ROBBERS" the family has every right to fight caz of the lie mar...told to gain entry.

wa wa waa

IF THERE WAS A MAN OF THE HOUSE, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!

Dean Martin

51. Shame on Mutts and Moms! They are puppy Nazis! Give that puppy back you evil bitches!!!

Posted at 9:06PM on Oct 17th 2007 by stormybliss

!!!!!!!NO PUPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

The dog gustapo chick is a good example of why they run animal shelters, its because

they don't like people, and we don't like them.

This kinda seems like a Hillbilly fued . They GoTTS MAH dawg!!!

Mutts and moms needs a C-4 enema. Someone bust a cap in her ass,

SCnTexas

You can email this insentive idiot who has no more care for the dog than Michael Vick at pawboutique@yahoo.com.

I got the email address before they took their website down.