Malibu Fire Crosses Over to the Beach

10/21/2007 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The fires raging through Malibu have now spread to the homes located along the Pacific Ocean.
Malibu
In this aerial shot, you can clearly see a beach home in flames -- literally right on the beach.

g-willikrz

for once i'm glad i don't live in california, but normally i wish i was there. i know malibu is full of them rich folk, but even they need some help. i hope they all rebuild bigger and better so the next time the fires burn down their mansions, they might get the picture that they shouldn't be living so close to where the fires are!!

Ann

re: mrogi...get a life and quit being so envious/jealous. My sister and her family live in Malibu and had to be evacuated. They are very nice and decent people. They have worked hard for everything they have and they share with the whole family which is large. If you want something else for yourself, get out and work for it and quit begrudging everyone else just because you don't have what others have (and worked for).~~a concerned sister

Hate it - that is my winter home.

avalon

Aww, poor Britney, she won't be able to get to Starbucks. Seriously, she probably doesn't understand why the PCH had to be shut down for just a little fire.

If I lived there I'd have a fire proof home with a pump ready to douse it all with pool water!

LOL

House fires are no fun (BTDT). We were evacuated during the Oct 2003 fire for 4 days and had no idea if our house would still be there or not. But living in So CA you know the dangers associated with it all. And carry good insurance, LOL

Lysette

I would like to see the picture described, but I can't because of that stupid, annoying advertisement for the E channel that floats over the copy and won't go away until I navigate away from the page.

Oh well, I guess I will go read Perez.

mrogi

The Malibu fires are a non story. Malibu property is owned by multi millionaires and billionaires. Those luxury homes are insured up to the hilt. After the fires are out, the wealthy will rebuild new homes bigger and more luxurious than the ones they had before. The rich just get richer.

Your'e Fired!

REMOVE THAT KIM ADD.......TOTALLY MORONIC.........IT IS ANNOYING.........IF I WANTED TO SEE HER LARGE BUTT, I'D SEE IT, BUT I DON'T..................REMOVE IT!

The surf is really way up too - we are hitting the beach for 25 footers - later!

Old School

I hope everyone gets out safe and I agree with removing that Kim K. add---totally boring and we don't need to see her FAT a**

6 - yes we rich get richer as investor class vs. consumer class spend it all losers - plus we pay more in tax each year then you earn per year flipping tacos at Chiles!

Erin

No doubt, somehow Britney will be blamed for this.

Xtlz

I live in Malibu on a 3 Acre parcel and I can guarantee you that we are not concerned with the fires, we are concerned with our safety. If we burn down, we will re-build. Most importantly, help save lives before anything. Good luck to anyone that is out there. God Bless

tbk

Regardless of how much money you think people have, it's still tragic to lose your home and all of its contents. There are plenty of people who've lived there since before the prices skyrocketed. Some people won't be able to rebuild. Try to be decent. Most people work really, really hard to claw their way up the food chain and they're losing everything. Just because you've been successful doesn't make you evil.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments