Malibu Celebs

On Fire Watch

10/21/2007 5:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron and Olivia Newton-John have been evacuated, and there are many more celebs in the Malibu area whose homes are in danger. Numerous homes along Pacific Coast Highway have been evacuated.

1021_celebs_fire_3_wi-1
The Malibu County and Carbon Beach residents include: Jennifer Aniston, Sting, Bill Murray, Nick Nolte, Robin Wright Penn, Mel Brooks, Tatum O'Neal, Rob Reiner, Goldie Hawn, Linda Ronstadt, Jeff Bridges, David Arquette and Courteney Cox, David Geffen, Jeffrey Katzenberg,Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson.

The fire is believed to have started when arcing power lines, downed by fierce Santa Ana winds, ignited dry brush around 5:00 AM Sunday. California has had one of the worst droughts in years, leaving hillsides especially vulnerable to brushfires. Over 1000 acres and numerous structures have already burned. More than 500 firefighters from all over the area are fighting the flames -- still being fanned by gusting winds, which are expected to continue for several days. Roughly 200 homes have been evacuated.

UPDATE: Sources on the scene tell TMZ that homes belonging to Mark Hamill, Sean Penn and David Duchovny are all in danger.

The below gallery shows the Polaroid House this past summer. The nearby LG house sustained fire damage.

amanda

WOW ! Some of you are just truly heartless and uncaring It doesn't matter how much money someone has. You can replace a home but you cannot replace everything of sentimental value. I own my own home. Does this mean that someone who doesn't should be cruel to me because my home burns down and I have insurance to rebuild? Get off your high horses and become human beings for god sake. I actually work a part time job as well as my full time job to afford my home. I feel bad for anyone who suffers a loss to fire or any of the other obstacles mother nature throws at us regardless of money or status.

diane

we should pray for all in the path of the fires, rich or poor...i live in San Diego County but lucky so far......Even if they are rich, they still have things they love and may lose....Since when is it a sin to be rich, if u get it honest? No, I am not rich but love and am concerned for all man kind

Sue

#9...obviously you're concerned, you're reading about it! Go get another job to pay your mortgage! I have one full time and 2 pt. time jobs to pay mine and for my 3 kids!
I hope no more homes are lost. Just because they have $$, doesn't make a difference. They still have memories , photos, etc. in their homes.

WildKAT

Dear God! I hope that the homes which are threatened will be saved. I experienced this same sort of horror and it scars you mentally and emotionally for life. I can't even see a fire now without shaking and crying. The fire was caused by some moron who started up his truck in high weeds and the sparks ignited the area and then it spread to destroy over 500 thousand acres and it came within 500 yards of my home. There was a 5 man strike team from the fire department in my yard for 4 days round the clock and we were forced to leave for 3 days with our house unlocked and in the hands of the fire crew who were totally honest and honorable. Bless Firemen everywhere. I saw first hand how terrifying and dangerous a job it is for these brave men and women to do. Please don't make stupid and hateful remarks about these stars homes. Everyone has their hearts invested in their homes, yes, even your morons who post mean and jealously inspired posts.

carolyn

it doesn't matter if you're rich and famous, nobody wants to lose their home belongings or have you, your familes' lives in danger.

amazed

I'm amazed at how many bitter, ugly people there are in this world. Just because these people are rich and can afford to buy new houses doesn't mean this isn't a loss for them. They're people too and have been lucky enough to have the lives they have. We should all be grateful for what we have....remember = the grass is always greener!!

annab

HOLY SMOKE!

Kourtney

Just because the people that are listed here are rich does not mean that this fire can be taken so lightly. Pepperdine University is right in the center of this fire and has thousands of students and faculty that are basically trapped because all roads going in and out are closed. Not to mention the church and homes that have already burnt down that did not belong to famous people. While sure many rich people live in Malibu, its not right to not care that people are in danger.

MPH

So sad. Not one truly serious and well written piece of news on AOL this morning. Hungry for news of what is happening in our world and I come online to get this! Are we educating people so they can take precious time to read this kind of drivel found daily on AOL? Where is the coverage of bills in Congress, or the issues being deliberated in the UN, or news coming out of China, England, eastern Europe? Give us something about the real world, please! MPH

Steven in Charleston

It's not about the money, folks.

I have been financially fortunate in life, and have a beautiful home (nothing like the ones in Malibu, but beautiful none-the-less) and if I were facing having my house ravaged by fire I'm sure many people on here would say "hey, I don't care -- he's got plenty of money/insurance." You're right, I do. And as difficult as it would be to watch the house I lovingly designed and built burn to the ground, I could afford to handle such a loss.

But no amount of money would replace the photos and momentos of times past, the gifts from friends, or the drawings and crafts made by my children when they were young. It doesn't matter whether you live in a trailer or the grandest mansion, money cannot replace those treasures, and I wonder at the lack of compassion evidenced by so many on this board.

Jesse

Jennifer Aniston can stay with me for a while

Barack

Dee #109, Bobby et al: I agree, anyone who can honestly root for a fire on the "rich" is just without a soul. By the way, the families that live in this area are NOT all celebrities. There are doctors, lawyers, accountants, decorators, moms, dads, etc. Why would you wish harm upon them, they never did anything to you. These folks donate tons of money to noteworthy causes, including to the "poor" of our nation. Can you say the same? Ever
think about contributing 10-20% of your annual salary. They do.

#118 Frankie -- because your heart is stone??

Hopefully ALL people and their HOMES will remain safe and sound along with their momentos of grandmoms, grandpops, birth of babies, weddings, all of the "things" that make some of us human and worthy.

monica

Okay so they are rich. You know if they lose their home it's still a tragedy. How dare you make comments to the effect that it's no big deal, they can purchase another home. Although that may be true, losing a home in a fire is a tragedy. Have a heart will you?

Anyone2u

WOW.... ENVY is showing.. I am sure they love their homes just as much as any of us love ours. The fact they can afford to buy another home seems a little irrelevant at the moment. To wish people bad luck or be insensitive just because they have had success in their life and some of us have not, seems pretty self centered and bitter.. Shows poor character.. Maybe why some of us have not made a success of our lives perhaps??? Bitterness breeds Bitterness, Envy breeds Envy, Jealousy breeds Jealousy.. Do I wish I had what they have, sure, but I do resent them for having it, or make fun of it because I don't have it.. "NO" as that seems so juvenile to me..

Average Joe 4 U

It's sad to see a few people that are jealous of other peoples money. They worked for it and if they want to buy a new house or even a mansion, so be it. I'm sure it's not their house that worries them, I'm sure they're insured. It's their personal belongings. No one rich or poor weant to lose those. My prayers go out to the ones whose homes have been burned or are threatened.