Malibu Celebs

On Fire Watch

10/21/2007 5:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron and Olivia Newton-John have been evacuated, and there are many more celebs in the Malibu area whose homes are in danger. Numerous homes along Pacific Coast Highway have been evacuated.

1021_celebs_fire_3_wi-1
The Malibu County and Carbon Beach residents include: Jennifer Aniston, Sting, Bill Murray, Nick Nolte, Robin Wright Penn, Mel Brooks, Tatum O'Neal, Rob Reiner, Goldie Hawn, Linda Ronstadt, Jeff Bridges, David Arquette and Courteney Cox, David Geffen, Jeffrey Katzenberg,Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson.

The fire is believed to have started when arcing power lines, downed by fierce Santa Ana winds, ignited dry brush around 5:00 AM Sunday. California has had one of the worst droughts in years, leaving hillsides especially vulnerable to brushfires. Over 1000 acres and numerous structures have already burned. More than 500 firefighters from all over the area are fighting the flames -- still being fanned by gusting winds, which are expected to continue for several days. Roughly 200 homes have been evacuated.

UPDATE: Sources on the scene tell TMZ that homes belonging to Mark Hamill, Sean Penn and David Duchovny are all in danger.

The below gallery shows the Polaroid House this past summer. The nearby LG house sustained fire damage.

Grumpy

Awwww, the filthy rich are in danger. I will guarantee the federal government will be there with financial aid for those who had damage or lost their homes. I live in Florida where we had a tornado come through and damage or destroy over 100 homes. The Feds said it wasn't enough damage to warrant federal help. I guess big money is more important than the little people who are struggling in a screwed up economy. The feds tell us the economy is doing good. I see prices rising on essentials, and home prices plummeting. The economy is going in the toilet, but the politicians can't seem to see it. Forget about congress doing anything about the economy. Their main focus since the last election is how to nail the Bush administration for anything. Congress needs to get their head out of their asses and look around and ask their constituents what is their main priority.

Colfax Resident

It's really bad when anyone gets caught up in a bad situation like this fire storm..just because its staged around famous people does not make it any easier..ones who have never been in a fire or any type of crucial situation better not yawn to big you never know when it's your turn.. Mother nature has alot in store for us all of here on Planet Earth..just be out there helping as many people as you can..All that can be said about selfish people is get over yourself.

Dave

Dang, I hope D.B. Cooper hauls a** and takes his money !!

MAR

OH I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THE MULTI MILLIONAIRES....NOT! GOD BLESS THE FIREFIGHTERS AND THEIR LOVED ONES.

MAR

So the celebrities will just go to one of their "other homes" while waiting for the insurance check to rebuild the one that burned down. Isnt this the third or forth home aniston has bought in the past few years? She will continue to build, rebuild, buy and sell...She is rich and doesnt have to sweat the small stuff, but I'm sure she will milk the story in future magazine articles and on the talk show circuit. Shes good at playing the "victim."

Chris

I feel bad for all the firefighters and people out there fighting the fires, but I do not feel bad for any of the rich and spoiled, they can buy others houses, these Malibu homes are probably just one of there many homes.

Sheryl

It doesn't matter if people are filthy rich or dirt poor .. it is still very sad to see anyone's home burn down.

Sure they all have insurance .. and "stuff" can be replaced. But, everyone has special things in their home that CANNOT be replaced, no matter how much money they have.

I just hope those who are away from home have someone who can get through the fire lines to rescue any pets that may be there.

Colfax Resident

I WOULD'NT BE SPEAKIN SO UGLY ABOUT OTHERS AND THEIR MONEY AND LIVING STATUS IT TOTALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FIRES THAT ARE BURNING OUT OF CONTROL..OPPS HOPEFULLY IT WON'T GET NEAR YOUR HOUSE GOD FORBID YOU'LL BE HOMELESS WITH NO HOME TO REBUILD..MAYBE NEXT TIME YOU'LL THINK BEFORE MAKING A STATEMENT OF THE RICH & FAMOUS..IT'S ALL ABOUT CAMARADERIE ON THIS PLANET..WHOS TO JUDGE ANYWAY?

star

IM sure they have lots of memories in thier homes like the rest of us. I hope they are all safe and remember the firefighters!! You cant just go out and rebuy all your memories, pics and special things youve collected. I hope it goes out soon!!

firefox lover

warning: off topic so move on if you're happy with all the ads/videos on this site.

151. This has nothing to do with this story even though I'm praying for all effected by this fire.

TMZ and AOL, your recent advertisements are a serious pain in the butt. I have to reload a page 2-3 times just to read the bloody article. This has been happening on different computers recently, and it just needs to stop. I'm not coming here to have the text of the article covered by a video and a bunch of stupid graphics advertising a cell phone. It is seriously annoying.

Posted at 11:01AM on Oct 22nd 2007 by Theresa

________________

Anything AOL is downright hard on the eyes anymore. Advertisements/videos are quite simply, overdone, bordering on abuse. I'll probably get banned for this but read further:
(memo to TMZ: this wouldn't be necessary if you wouldn't been so greedy for advert dollars.)

I see no ads and no videos on TMZ's site or any other.
In fact, I've blocked the entire far right frame and see only one big white column but depending on your preferences you can choose to only block (or disable) video, images, flashing whatevers, etc. I like to read only the comments but to each their own. Anyway...here is a suggestion for you, Theresa, or anyone else fed up over-bloated slow loading sites:

Try downloading the Firefox browser and three Firefox 'extensions', "Flashblock", "Adblock-plus", and to turn off videos loading, "Flashblock" (my fav).
I also find extension, "RIP (Remove It Permanently) very useful.

Google 'Firefox' and you find forums to help your through any problems with the extensions but really, they're all pretty self-explanatory and easily understood.
Sorry this sounds sorta like an advert for my favorite browser but .......:)........blame Theresa, not me!
(only kidding) I just hate to see people continue to get more and more frustrated as sites gets more and more greedy.

***To the home owners in these fires, my heart goes out to them. Wealthy or not, makes little difference except maybe they can afford to find temporary housing more than others. Loss is loss.

Dee

Actually, I really like celebrities. They lead interesting lives that I can only fantasize about. Would I want to have all that money and live the way they do. You damn right I would! And, I bet if you checked them out, you would find they contribute a hugh amount of their money to charity on a regular basis. It may be to get a tax write off but who cares what the reason is. It goes to a good cause. If their homes do burn, I hope they build even bigger and better.

Kat

I couldn't care less about the PEOPLE who were stupid enough to build their huge homes in the middle of brush and trees, but what I want to know is how many innocent pets are being killed by the fires?

Donna

Kristy, I'm really not sure what you consider to be immature about hoping the winds die down so the fires stops spreading! That seems to be a mature, caring comment. It is not only the rich who are in danger, but firefighters, police, and many common ordinary people. It's immature to hope everthing burns up!

Jamie

Why do we care about celebrities homes? They can afford new ones....this is ridiculous

MAR

Save your tears and sympathy for the firefighters putting their 'LIVES' on the line to save a celebrity one of their homes...and the frightened animals dying or running for their lives...the celebs probably have their personal assistants 'SERVANTS" running into their homes (while they are savely making another 10 million on a movie set) for their jewerly and stached cash!! Theses people will WANT for nothing folks... as a matter of fact it will give them yet another reason to shop... and spend ...for thousand dollar pillows and other designer items...