Malibu Celebs

On Fire Watch

10/21/2007 5:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron and Olivia Newton-John have been evacuated, and there are many more celebs in the Malibu area whose homes are in danger. Numerous homes along Pacific Coast Highway have been evacuated.

1021_celebs_fire_3_wi-1
The Malibu County and Carbon Beach residents include: Jennifer Aniston, Sting, Bill Murray, Nick Nolte, Robin Wright Penn, Mel Brooks, Tatum O'Neal, Rob Reiner, Goldie Hawn, Linda Ronstadt, Jeff Bridges, David Arquette and Courteney Cox, David Geffen, Jeffrey Katzenberg,Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson.

The fire is believed to have started when arcing power lines, downed by fierce Santa Ana winds, ignited dry brush around 5:00 AM Sunday. California has had one of the worst droughts in years, leaving hillsides especially vulnerable to brushfires. Over 1000 acres and numerous structures have already burned. More than 500 firefighters from all over the area are fighting the flames -- still being fanned by gusting winds, which are expected to continue for several days. Roughly 200 homes have been evacuated.

UPDATE: Sources on the scene tell TMZ that homes belonging to Mark Hamill, Sean Penn and David Duchovny are all in danger.

The below gallery shows the Polaroid House this past summer. The nearby LG house sustained fire damage.

Diva

I hope they are all safe!

What are you that Stupid?

Sorry they might lose personal items, but they can afford to go out and get new homes.

MAR

What I found more shocking than the fire... was the fact that the news reported that a church burned down in Malibu! A church in Malibu? You can be sure thats one HOUSE that wont have to be evacuated....because to be sure... it was empty!

Jimmy Hoffa

I'm ashamed of many of you. These may be millionaires but they are people just the same and they have material needs as well. Rather than making smug and disrespectful comments you should be willing to give your lives to help them out. I'm talking about a human barrier to protect these stars' homes from the raging flames. An unbroken line of hand-in-hand star/celebrity worshipers snaking through those hills and canyons as a statement of solidarity with the stars themselves. You may explode like popcorn and sizzle like sausages but you will show your love for Jennifer, Sting, Bill or whoever. If you decide to do this - call me because I'd like to do a video for YouTube.

REZA SANTORINI

It is sad that these homes are being destroyed. Regardless of riches, it is their home and their belongings. That said...there are some places that are too dangerous to insure and all of us pay when insurance companies have to pay out the kind of money these fires bring. I don't think the houses should be insured ... I think the companies can refuse to write policies...In fact I think they should be forbidden to do so. Sometimes Mother Nature can't be tricked... But I feel this way about New Orleans, I think every house being rebult should be on higher ground where the waters can't damage them.
The new dams won't protect the houses...the water is getting higher and that is low ground.

REZA SANTORINI

70. Yes, I am praying for the firefighters, etc. I just think there should not be insurance written in these high risk areas...I think these areas should provide their own resources and make sure they pay them well.

Hope your family and other are well.

Those houses are too risky...and if we didn't protect them with insurance and firefighters lives, they would not be built.

Kathleen Leonard

Wasn't 911 enough? How about hurricaine Katrina? Aren't some of these celebrities giving back to the community as well as other parts of this world? Damn,,,I don't have a pot to pee in or a damned window (to call my own) to throw it out of,,but,,,what happened to empathy? Humanity? Or just plain kindness? I pray to God that all of these folks and all the firefighters are safe. Please,,,,no more violence.....John Lennon told us all to give Peace a Chance!!! I remember his death and how the world grieved over this man!! Does anyone else? Mark Twain's mother once told him,,,,"No one needs more prayers than the devil"....But,,,I think,,,there are quite a few out there that are living proof that evil is alive and well......Say a prayer or just shut up!!!!

MAR

Hey another good reason to shop till you drop, gotta replace the boody !! And we all know no body can do that like a celebrity!!

Ginger

WHAT A BUNCH OF HEARTLESS JERKS.. ARE YOU THAT JEALOUS? NEWS IS NEWS AND NO MATTER WHOM IS NEAR THIS DANGEROUS FIRE MUST BE ILL. IF YOU WERE RELATED TO THESE MOVIE STARS OR RICH LIKE THEM YOU WOULD BE THE FIRST TO WHINE THAT THE FIRE DEPT ISN'T WORKING FAST ENOUGH TO SAVE YOUR HOME! IF YOUR SAD LIFE KEEPS YOU POOR THEN GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO FIND A BETTER SCHOOL OR LEARN TO ACT AND GET A LIFE SO YOU CAN BUY YOUR OWN HOME!
ALL OF YOU HATEFUL PEOPLE ARE POOR FOR A GOOD REASON I AM GUESSING! I AM HOMELESS RAISING A 15 YEAR OLD WITH A RARE BRAIN AND SPINE ILLNESS, I GET OFF MY BUTT AND KEEP US SAFE AND HAPPY, AND I DO FEEL FOR THESE RICH PEOPLE, IT'S THEIR HOMES AND PERSONAL BELONGINGS AT RISK! I WILL KEEP THEM IN MY PRAYERS!
OH DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A PRAYER IS? LOL NOT! HOW DO YOU SLEEP, HANGING BY YOUR TAIL OR HORNS?

Robert Horvatich

As a retired disabeled Special Effects man I can tell you these people are just as human as we are. They have had fame and fortune thrown their way and are living the life God has given them. What if one or more of them were your brothers or sisters? Would you still think this way?Have a heart. Bless the couragous Firemen fighting these infernos.

twogolfcats

I pity them for the loss of any material things, But these immoral A--Holes have things like this comming to them for their ROTTEN LIFESTYLES

MAR

#196 Are you sure it was a church and not a mosque? That would be more believable.

nectrswt

what about MEL GIBSON and his family...........

Cica

Courtney Cox and David Arquette sold their home......Move on TMZ!!!

MAR

WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT A CELEBRITYS HOME? THERE ARE REAL PEOPLES LIVES AT STAKE HERE, GET YOUR PRIORITES STRAIGHT. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT HOUSES THAT CAN AND WILL BE REPLACED BY MILLIONAIRES. BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THE PEOPLE, THE WILDLIFE AND THE BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY SIDE AT RISK ...INSTEAD OF HOUSES THAT HAVE DOUBLE THERE WORTH ON INSURANCE POLICIES!