Malibu Celebs

On Fire Watch

10/21/2007 5:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron and Olivia Newton-John have been evacuated, and there are many more celebs in the Malibu area whose homes are in danger. Numerous homes along Pacific Coast Highway have been evacuated.

1021_celebs_fire_3_wi-1
The Malibu County and Carbon Beach residents include: Jennifer Aniston, Sting, Bill Murray, Nick Nolte, Robin Wright Penn, Mel Brooks, Tatum O'Neal, Rob Reiner, Goldie Hawn, Linda Ronstadt, Jeff Bridges, David Arquette and Courteney Cox, David Geffen, Jeffrey Katzenberg,Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson.

The fire is believed to have started when arcing power lines, downed by fierce Santa Ana winds, ignited dry brush around 5:00 AM Sunday. California has had one of the worst droughts in years, leaving hillsides especially vulnerable to brushfires. Over 1000 acres and numerous structures have already burned. More than 500 firefighters from all over the area are fighting the flames -- still being fanned by gusting winds, which are expected to continue for several days. Roughly 200 homes have been evacuated.

UPDATE: Sources on the scene tell TMZ that homes belonging to Mark Hamill, Sean Penn and David Duchovny are all in danger.

The below gallery shows the Polaroid House this past summer. The nearby LG house sustained fire damage.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Baby Joey

the roof is on fya

Monica

wow some of y'all are effin rotten! Just because these folks are rich, and some of these may be second (third, fourth?) homes, doesn't make them any less valuable to the owners (and not just celebs).

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

My thoughts and prayers are with the firefighters

terrie

I HOPE AND PRAY THAT EVERYONE OF THOSE SO CALLED SUPER STARS HOMES BURN TO THE GROUND~THEY ARE ALL MONEY HUNGRY GREEDY PEOPLE~BURN BABY BURN~FUNNY HOW CARMA WORKS~NOW GO STRIKE HOLLYWIERDO'S ARE WAITING FOR YOU~GOD LET THEM BURN~MILLIONAIR LOSERS

Mikee

I don't normally read, much less respond to crap like this, but I just can't believe how mean, jealous, and inconsiderate some of you are being. #9-, you chose the terms of your mortgage, so what's that got to do with people that might be better off than you finacially, or the fire threatening people in Malibu who just might be better off that you? Maybe you should down-grade if you are living beyond your means and can't pay your mortgage? I, am losing my home in December or January because of repeated back surgeries. (12 to be exact.) Up until about 6 years ago, I worked like most other people do but my wife can only work so many hours in a week to try to take up the slack of me not being able to work, yet we are not complaining that I can't get disability when the Gov't sends me a letter telling me there is nothing wrong with me, in spite of my medical records and me barely being able to walk, let alone work!!!!!. We have lived in our house for 22 years, and our home is 122 y/o, and filled with fond memories of relatives who were here for many holidays over the years and are now gone. We love our home, and no, we couldn't have that back if our house burned and we had to rebuild. Some of these residents that are threatened by this fire may have simply been lucky and bought property years ago, or some of them may be filthy-rich. But, I can assure you that most of them have worked their a$$ off for what they have, and what some of them have is a gift of talent that not all of us are given in life. My situation, and their's is called life on life's terms. These people you are talking about are just like you and I, and no they can't just rebuild. They too, have homes full of memories where they have raised their children and such. Streisand for instance...I would think it would be heart-breaking for her home to burn to the ground with all the awards, memorabilia, etc... That kind of stuff is not replaceable. You can rebuild a house, but you can't replace a home. #12, I don't think all these homes are second homes to these people. It's simply where they live, and it's a very beautiful place to say the least. Why don't you show some respect and maturity instead of saying boo-hoo. How tacky can one be. I pray that you are never in this situation. You don't have to live in Malibu for your house to burn down. To all of you saying immature and tacky things about these people, remember....what goes around, comes around.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16