Malibu Celebs

On Fire Watch

10/21/2007 5:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron and Olivia Newton-John have been evacuated, and there are many more celebs in the Malibu area whose homes are in danger. Numerous homes along Pacific Coast Highway have been evacuated.

1021_celebs_fire_3_wi-1
The Malibu County and Carbon Beach residents include: Jennifer Aniston, Sting, Bill Murray, Nick Nolte, Robin Wright Penn, Mel Brooks, Tatum O'Neal, Rob Reiner, Goldie Hawn, Linda Ronstadt, Jeff Bridges, David Arquette and Courteney Cox, David Geffen, Jeffrey Katzenberg,Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson.

The fire is believed to have started when arcing power lines, downed by fierce Santa Ana winds, ignited dry brush around 5:00 AM Sunday. California has had one of the worst droughts in years, leaving hillsides especially vulnerable to brushfires. Over 1000 acres and numerous structures have already burned. More than 500 firefighters from all over the area are fighting the flames -- still being fanned by gusting winds, which are expected to continue for several days. Roughly 200 homes have been evacuated.

UPDATE: Sources on the scene tell TMZ that homes belonging to Mark Hamill, Sean Penn and David Duchovny are all in danger.

The below gallery shows the Polaroid House this past summer. The nearby LG house sustained fire damage.

Susan

#78 and others worried about the firemen: we are all grateful for their service, and I pray for their safety, but THIS IS WHAT THEY DO. Fight fires and protect people's homes. They could just as easily be hurt out in the bush fighting a fire as trying to save homes. Also, am I hearing you correctly that because these homeowners have money, their homes should just be left to burn? Isn't that big time reverse discrimination??

Chris336

Forget Malibu... is adult video production in Van Nuys threatened?!? [...I'm asking for a friend]

rachel

Yah, like tell the looters where to go!!!

Roe Roe

#82 I know that these are fire fighters and that is what they singed up to do.
I would never wish for anyone's homes or belongings to be damaged or burned (rich or poor)
But if I had my choice I would choose for my house and my things (which I have worked for) burn instead of someone's husband, wife, father or mother to get hurt, burned or even die becaus they were trying to save my home. I could never live with that guilt.

blindbeard

Glad I am not the only one not overflowing with sympathy. As long as my family is safe you can burn my house to the ground and I will not care.

cak

MROGI - #10 -- What is wrong with you? Yeah, they may be rich, but a fire is a devasting event. CLEARLY you have nothing in you to see that this is a big deal. NOT just to those that are famous, but other homeowners as well, what about businesses, Pepperdine U? This is a terrible thing happening, not preventable. HOWEVER, you having a balloon payment that you cannot afford, is it because you bought too much house? Are you one of those people that is facing foreclosure and going to burden us hard working people that pay our bills? How does it feel to have someone make light of something going on with you? It sucks. I hope you get it together and make your payment, but I also hope you learn some sensitivity. I hope that the ALL the people, not just the famous people, whose houses are in danger come out of this ok.

lucky

who cares.. let the homes burn and let nature take back the hills. They have enough money to rebuild or move.

rachel

That Kharasssain pop up stinks, TMZ
i Ignored it yesterday, now you in my face it today..
Eff no ADS!!

Posted at 6:53PM on Oct 21st 2007 by jem and the holograms

mrogi

I think all of us TMZ readers should donate 10% of our income to a Relief Fund for rich Malibu celebs who lost their homes.

broopa

#76 Hurricanes? Are you serious?

Crap, I better check my renter's policy! I'm pretty sure I didn't add that.

And for people who have no compassion because someone is richer than you, karma's a bitch. Money doesn't make you good or evil. The abundance or lack thereof just shows what you're really made of.

Roe Roe

Malibu is not the only place that is burning. Here in San Diego we have two big fires going on and 4 fire fighters are really hurt ( Burned) and we have a few more civilians who died because of the fire.
Please keep everyone in your prayers and thoughts.
I hope everyone who is fighting the fires and for all of the people to get out in be safe. Who cares about material things. I know it's sad to lose that stuff but it's better than human life.

Lenn K.

#76 - Along with the hurricanes you forgot volcanos, typhoons, locusts, bad snowstorms, and tornadoes!!!

mrogi

The Malibu rich are so smart they will figure out how to get Federal Disaster Relief money. The tax dollars of hard working stiffs like me will pay to rebuild their luxurious mansions.

Gassy Jockey

At least the mudslides are putting out the wildfires.

No Nonsense Grandma!

WELL, WELL............

UNL;IKE ORDINARY PEOPLE, THESE CELEBS HAVE TWO OR THREE OTHER HOUSES TO GO TO, SHOULD THEIR BURN DOWN.

HARD TO FEEL SORRY FOR THEM BECAUSE OF THAT FACT.
IF IT GETS WORSE, MAYBE THEY CAN HOLD A TELETHON FOR THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!