Jermaine Jacked by Judge in Custody Case

10/22/2007 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine Jackson and ex-wife Alejandra left court earlier today in their very own bizarro custody battle -- and it ended about as badly for Jermaine as it could've, with the judge ordering Jermaine to pay up for child support and rejecting his request for 50/50 custody.

TMZ was there as the two sides duked it out, and heard Alejandra allege that Jermaine is unfit as a parent because he "doesn't help them with their homework, forgets to pick them up from school, and doesn't give them lunch money." The middle Jackson brother asked for 50/50 custody of Jaffar and Jermajesty (no, we didn't make that up); he now sees the boys only on alternating weekends.

The judge did not grant Jermaine's request and ordered both parents to work the custody issue at mediation court.

What's more Jermaine has been ordered to pay $11,511 per month in support payments, comprised of $7,762 of spousal support and $3,749 in child support, retroactive to July 1. Back in August, the judge in the case let Jermaine go without imposing any support payments, saying that he couldn't find any income for him. But now, Alejandra's lawyer, Brian P. Lepak, was able to prove that Jermaine received $450,000 for his appearance on Big Brother UK. And to make matters worse, we also hear that attorney Debra Opri dumped Jermaine as a client.

Today, the exasperated judge called the case "a giant fog."

Lenn K.

Goes to show what a little child abuse will do to a family. The Jacksons are soooo screwed up it looks like no one in this family is normal. Money and fame has done nothing good for this family!!!

Maggie

If I were Jermajesty's teacher, I would fail her ass just for having such a stupid name! The US government should pass a law that prevents any future spawn of the Jackson family from being born. They should all be neutered and spayed.

Terry

I think the most interesting piece of the story is Opri dumping him as a client. Now why do you suppose that is.
Not like her to dump a client who gets press of any kind, Not like a client she is associated with to win either I guess. Still I'd love to know why.

queenofhang

If I recall correctly, Alexandra was married to his brother, Randy...I wonder if Randy pays support for THEIR kids. My facts could be wrong, that happened a long time ago. Gotta love the Jackson family values...!

oxyclean

Gosh. Maybe JJ dumped OPRI. Remember Larry the dumper/being dumped?
Two versions.

cooper

Hey Jaffar and Jermajesty! How do you know when it's bedtime at Uncle Micheal's House?
ANSWER-When the BIG hands on the LITTLE hand!!!

Virginia

why should stupid Jermaine be forced to pay child support/ That jackson bumch is about as rich as 10 Donald Trumps put together. idiot.

NATHAN PRETLOW

WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH THE JACKSON.TIME HAS'NT BEEN KIND TO THEM.ALL THE BROTHERS SHOULD GET BACK TOGETHER SING AGAIN TO KEEP THEM BUSY.HERE THAT JERMAINE AND MICHAEL !!!

m

I remember seeing him in concert and got a choice to meet him backstage. He completely ignored my black friend and only seemed interested in the white girls. How sad

cooper

Hey Ya'll, What's the difference between Jermaine Jackson and a Pizza Hut Pizza?
ANSWER: A Pizza Hut Pizza CAN feed a family of four.

Standards are badly needed.

So kind and very family of Mrs. Jackson to help them out. Older generation doing the right thing for the wrong people; manning up for her son AND ex-daughter in law.

mySTRONGopinion

I remember seeing the "Jackson Five" in concert. Who'd thought back then they'd turn into such freaks.

knowledge

WHO CARES!

rosie

I agree that the Jackson's are one screwed up family and have been way before they got famous. If ever any 2 people should not have reproduced it is Joe and Katherine Jackson. As for Jermaine, whether he likes it or not, no mater what his ex-wife may be, he has 2 kids with her and he has to support them! The Jackson's have made millions over the years and if they squandered it, too bad but he still has to support his kids. As for the alimony, that is bs. Alimony is wrong on the long term. Yes a man is obligated to help out but not for the long haul. I don't feel sorry for any of the Jackson's except maybe Rebie....you never hear anything about her. And yes I agree, they have no self pride and seem to be ashamed of their race. Messed up bunch of people.

blue magic

I remember when I was hot for him in '72. Yuck!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments