Samba-dy Help! Osmond Collapses on "Dancing"

10/22/2007 9:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just moments after Marie Osmond busted out an intense samba routine, she hit the dance floor even harder -- passing out cold on tonight's live broadcast of "Dancing with the Stars."

As the judges stared in shock, host Tom Bergeron kept his composure and quickly threw to commercial while Osmond was sprawled out on the floor.

But all concerns were eased after the break, when Marie was up and moving around backstage. According to Bergeron, the first thing Marie said when she came to was, "Oh crap."

Osmond then explained her breakdown on camera, saying, "Once in a while it happens to me ... I stop breathing. I'm so sorry." Uh, might wanna get that checked out.

No sympathy points from the judges -- Osmond only scored 21 out of a possible 30 points.

My two cents

I am the same age as Marie and have followed her and her brothers careers since I was 13. George and Olive Osmond raised some pretty great kids and they all became great adults if you ask me. Marie has endured a lot of things in her life, but she always overcame them. She has done such a terrific job on Dancing with the Stars and it was sad to see her little collapse tonight. Anyone who called that fake is just an idiot. For WHAT reason would she do that? She is not even the type to pull a stunt like that--please!!! While I am not certain she will win the competition, she certainly has done a great job.

Alexa

Thanks, Loganxian.
Loved the way she handled the situation. Classy lady!

Tina

I missed it. Someone post it on youtube please!

btw - I'm 40 and look young for my age. But, let's face it ladies, we're still 40. We're not "all that" anymore and that's alright. Frankly, I'd be creeped out by anyone under 30 thinking I was someone they wanted to hook up with. To me, that's just...ewww. No thanks. I'll take a real man any day. ;-)

beefcake

Hey Cherub47...you crack me up..You are an old hag who is trying to hold on too huh!!! I'm sure if a man had a chance to be with a younger woman or you he'd pick you. You really should stop fooling yourself. You sound pathetic!! I got no problem with women who are older. However, it has been my experience that when a woman goes out of her way to tell someone how young she looks that she really does look like a troll who is trying her best to recapture her youth. Who knows, you may be the exception!! But i doubt it. I'm sure your husband loves you and will tell you anything to make you happy! Truth is you probrably are the best looking hag in town, but that really isn't saying a whole lot is it? And as for me trying to make up for what I don't have in my pants? You crack me up! That's hilarious!

Sara

In response to:
"Beefcake, I totally agree. I am a female in my 20's, no kids, etc, and it cracks me up whenever I hear these 40 and 50+ women saying, OH I STILL LOOK YOUNG or funnier yet, saying, MY SONS FRIEND CALLED ME A MILF. Hate to break it to you, but ALL teenage boys fantasize about screwing one of their friends mothers. Just because you're the best looking troll out of the bunch means nothing"

Ha ha ha. Honey, you'll be there soon enough. Another 10 years and it'll be the same song and dance.
Funny, when I was in my 20's and childless, I had better things to do than troll blogs and message boards for older women to talk down to.
Get a life.

beefcake

I see this all of the time in my line of work. I could be wrong but the reason she passed out could be related to drug use. She has no history of rec drug use to my knowledge, but the behavior she expressed before going down looked very suspicious.

Jacqui

She is on a diet it is obvious she needs a more balanced diet.

sam

Beefcake I don't feel insulted by you.. I consider the source. But Teeks..You insult your own gender and you are going to be our age someday . You sound exactly like the petty and hateful girls that thought were hot stuff in High School.. Well let me tell you when I went to my reunion, those same girls looked nothing like they did back then. and they certainly were not too comfortable in their own skin either.. They didn't recognize me. I don't need to prove myself to you. But you do need to be careful what you say. It may bite you in the #ss someday. You're not going to be 20 forever. My daughter is 23 and she is proud of me.

moveover

All those years of singing through her nose must have finally taken it's toll.

sherricheu

I have heard of that happening, I believe it is a medical condition of the heart and she needs to get that checked out.

YouSupportPaparazzi

where can i see a re-play of marie's collapse? anyone have a link?

Marlb Man

I could never stand that bitch!

kale

Her behavior just before she collapsed was in response to the judges comments last week, where Bruno said she wasn't "peppy" enough. She was just being animated for him.

The fires very well could have contributed to the fainting. Any type of breathing issue would be super effected by all the smoke.

She is aware of what the problem is, it may very well be no big deal for her or it could just be she is over working and needs to slow down and eat a bit more.

Barb

I've watched Marie on QVC for years. She's known for gaining weight or being a bit plump. When she joined DWTS my first thought was how could she do it with all her kids, divorce from Brian, doll making, QVC appearances etc. I wonder if she might be taking diet supplements along with the rigors of this show and fainted due to lack of food and/or water. She wasn't dancing when she fainted. I could believe fainting during the dance because it is easy to stop breathing certain moves. Afterwards, though? I have my doubts. She does have long term emotional problems. Best to her.

Sir Patty

Actually, Marie finally realized how GAY this show is...I'd a fainted too!