Samba-dy Help! Osmond Collapses on "Dancing"

10/22/2007 9:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just moments after Marie Osmond busted out an intense samba routine, she hit the dance floor even harder -- passing out cold on tonight's live broadcast of "Dancing with the Stars."

As the judges stared in shock, host Tom Bergeron kept his composure and quickly threw to commercial while Osmond was sprawled out on the floor.

But all concerns were eased after the break, when Marie was up and moving around backstage. According to Bergeron, the first thing Marie said when she came to was, "Oh crap."

Osmond then explained her breakdown on camera, saying, "Once in a while it happens to me ... I stop breathing. I'm so sorry." Uh, might wanna get that checked out.

No sympathy points from the judges -- Osmond only scored 21 out of a possible 30 points.

orionsbow

Vicki:

We love MILFs! Woo Woo!

medeak

you're all too young to recall..but Marie had a problem in the old days with genetic disorder lacking potassium. If hot and excerted she has heart problems.

Marie and Donny Fan

For those that say that Marie faked the collapse: Why would Marie, a mother of 8 children terrify her children by faking a collapse on nationwide television. What would she gain out of doing so? I'm an adult and I was terrified. Can you imagine being a young child (which some of the children are) and seeing your mother collapse on television? Just horrible.

No, Marie Osmond did not and would not fake something like that. You only say that she faked the collapse because deep down inside, you are terrified like the rest of us. You know that a collapse could be the symptom of something more serious and you are worried.

castMD.com

Put the girl on a treadmill for cardiac evaluation and a tilt-table test before she dies.

Say what??

Marie faked that faint. It's quite obvious she didn't like what she was about to hear, and fainted to: #1, shut the judges up, and #2, get a bit more positive attention. She's a spoiled attention seeking jerk, and has been for many years. Yeah, she does need help - mental help.

BUSYFACE.COM

INTERVIEW AT BUSYFACE.COM

amazed and disappointed

After reading 4 pages of comments, I am truly amazed and incredibly disappointed, (and saddened) at today's society that people would think Marie actually faked fainting. Many of the comments continued on by trying to justify it by chalking it up to drugs in general or psychotic/manic depressant drugs. To those truly concerned about her, and to those concerned about her heart, syncopy, and the need to see a doctor, thank you for being there for her. She has been through a lot in her life. It is nice to know there are still good people out there in the world. Hopefully we can overpower the ignorant ones who know not what they say.. Isn't the saying "God helps those who help themselves . . . and fools"? I am one year older than Marie and can no longer dance, but I have passed out before, and almost did one while dancing. I know how serious it is. And it was NOT the manic depressant drug I was on, thank you.

why

Check her out for Mitral Valve Prolapse!

Beverly

Perhaps Marie collapsed making money from the people that reside in her trailer courts. While these complexes are nice, she owns a bazillion of them and her on-site managers keep busting everyone's hard working balls by raising the bills on every thing in sight. It must be just HELL being her!

carrier

I love Marie! Is she lonely? I saw her on richkiss.com. She has a sexy, attractive profile with hot pics there. Believe or not I did send email to her. I need the Rich to kiss me. LOL.

parishilton

Clearly it is the will of our lord and savior Jesus Christ for Marie Osmond to lose on Dancing With The Stars.

firefox lover

No fan, but sorry to hear this. Seems like Marie is what you might say, over extended. I'm glad I didn't see her fall.

I must be getting soft in my old age but I'm not at all interested in seeing anybody, even an Osmond, hit the floor. But something about Marie tells me her annoying laughter isn't authenic; hope she knows it's irritating, too.

MENUDAS

HEY FOLKS, HER COLLASPE WAS REAL, I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME, I WAS TALKING, STRESSED OUT, TO ANOTHER PERSON WHEN SUDDENLY IT FELT LIKE SOMEONE HIT ME ON THE HEAD, AND I STARTED TO LOSE WHAT WAS BEING SAID AND COLLASPED, AFTERWARDS I WAS TOTALLY OUT OF BREATH, IN MY CASE I WAS NOT DANCING, OR EXCERSING, JUST STANDING AND TALKING, IT'S PROBABLY STRESS, NERVES, BALANCED FOODS WITH MARIE OSMOND. I DOUBT SHE'S PREGNANT SINCE SHE DIVORCED THIS PAST MARCH. IF YOU WATCHED THE LAST FEW WEEKS, SHE SEEMS EXHAUSTED AFTER EACH DANCE, SO DOES JENNIE GARTH, THEY'RE CATCHING THEIR BREATHS AFTERWARDS. THEY'RE ALSO DOING IT FOR ABOUT 8-10 HOURS A DAY IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN, PRACTICING EACH DANCE IN A WEEK'S TIME, THIS IS VERY STRESSING, TO JUGGLE FAMILY, SHE HAS I THINK 8 KIDS, HER JOB, THE DANCE REHEARSALS, AND SO ON. THAT WAS A REAL COLLAPSE THAT HAPPENED, AND BOY DID SHE HIT THE FLOOR HARD. HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET AN UPDATE SINCE THE SHOW AND ABC ARE MAKING SURE MARIE IS CHECKED OUT BY A DOCTOR BEFORE SHE RETURNS ON AIR. I AM SURPRISED THEY LET HER CONTINUE LATER ON, CAUSE I WAS WEAK AFTERWARDS. GOOD LUCK MARIE, DO YOUR BEST. GOD BLESS!!!

MENUDAS

oh BTW, mine was due to stress and not eating right

Piper

Bless her heart. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, Marie has ever done has ever displayed anything shy of unprofessional or phony. I wish her everything well and good as she's so deserving. I'm so happy to see her continuing to remind us of how human she is as well as how much we can relate with her. This quality about her has always been the luxury we her fans hold so dear and will continue to draw our dedication to her as a wonderful -as well as real- star.

Stay well Marie.