And the Lovely Lady Is ...

10/25/2007 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's Norm from "Cheers"!
George Wendt
George Wendt, 59, is in total drag to play Edna Turnblad in "Hairspray" on Broadway. Eat your heart out, John Travolta!

launch flabulous gallery

COMMENTS

Deb

I LOVE NORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peetee

Right on, George! You look mah-velous!

mdvk

I think George is going to do a great job as Edna! The trick with her is not to make her campy. Divine had a wonderful gift for that! I think all the Edna's since Divine created her have done a great job living up to that standard.

And to the straight guy who claims because he's straight musicals and theater aren't his thing? My husband is a HUGE fan of musicals! Maybe you're wife should take you to a show! You might suprise yourself! Some of them even have fighting and guns :-)

Stephanie

Awww Normie...... LQQKN good here.....but from one woman to another sweetheart you need to go ez on the red...... to much red is not good...... Steph

web

Mostly gay men do the drag thing at halloween.....hmmmm

Give me a Break

No offense, Norm but you're one ugly broad. Just goes to show that they can do anything with a little (or in this case a lot) of makeup. I always said that I would never kick anyone out of bed but in your case, I will make an acception.
Jon

Vivi

I always thought Norm in Cheers was great. Great actor with a winning personality.

Elaine

I kept trying to see beneath the makeup, but would have never guessed this guy....What a great transformation. I have to agree his transformation doesn't look as made up as John Travolta in "Hairspray" Now how many other male to female tansformations can this younger crowed remember...Patric Swazey, Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams etc...???

John

sad part is that there are realy ladies that look like that.

Elaine

These guys who are making these comments about men in drag and their sexual preference are homophobic and unsure of their own masculenity.(SP?) I am all female and I have a male friend who thinks he is sooooooooo macho, but he gets squemish at the mention of performing or watching a performance of a womanless wedding. Some of the most manly men I know have taken part in a Womanless Wedding to help their church raise money. So you my friends, just have a hang up that you can't admit to !

Elaine

Sorry to say this, but I've seen some transgender women on Maurey, that were better looking than a lot of natural born females, including myself.

miz dottie

Gee, for a minute I thought it might be Rudy Giuliani--but he really didn't look that good in drag, even with Donald Trump fondling his fake bosom.

AJ