Director Defends Hilton's Bloody Musical

10/25/2007 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonAt time of publishing, only 12% of TMZ voters want to see Paris Hilton's new horror/musical, "Repo! The Genetic Opera" -- but the director stands by his flick!

Negative criticism was rampant on the web -- including the TMZ comments board -- about the 80-second teaser showing a singing Hilton, evisceration, and a growed-up Spy Kid. Today, director Darren Lynn Bousman took to the blogosphere to write, "I stick by my promise -- REPO is unlike anyting you have ever seen." He also adds it's "not an easy movie to grasp" from the teaser alone.

He addresses the Paris issue specifically, writing, "I know some people where taken aback by 'PARIS' in the trailer -- I stand by my decision of casting her ... Her voice is great -- and her character is great!"

"It is not some cheesy musical."

Related

Article

Hilton's Stomach-Turning New Movie

SUV

looks like the only thing paris is good at scaring is my junk back in my pants.

Brother Harold, S.J.

THE MAN IS A RAVING LUNATIC OR A CERTIFIABLE LUNATIC--UNLESS THE HILTON SLUT NOSHES ON HIS WIENIE FOR FREE.

Merry Christmas

Alright Darren, let's make a deal. I will see your crappy movie, but I want a money back guarantee if I have to walk out of the theater during the show.

Merry Christmas

Damn, she looks like Amy Winohouse.

LuvTMZ

I can't wait to see it!! Go Paris!

Richard

Paris is a not talen tramp, just like her mother

Paris's Sugar-Daddy

PARIS HILTON IS A WORLD RENOUNED ACTRESS, SINGER AND BUSINESS WOMAN.

She is a role model for all high school drop outs. SEE WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH PURE TALENT!

THIS SHOW WILL DO HUGE BOX OFFICE, and LIONSGATE stock will go through the roof.

I PRAY YOU START TO WRITE THE SEQUEL BEFORE THE WRITERS STRIKE!!!

Fred

rico

This coming from the hack director of the three sequels to Saw and Tara Reid's production assistant on the set of Van Wilder. Does he really have any credibility? Just because his crap gore-fest copies make money does not mean he's bankable or reliable. Sadly, the Weinsteins were conned into giving him a deal. He should be gone, shortly and thankfully. Get the Razzies ready!

Maggie

You're kidding, right? You've got to be kidding, there's no way you could possibly believe that. Paris makes us dumber with every word that comes out of her mouth. If she was worth anything I would gladly tolerate a little dumb from her but no ... she can't even offer that much.

Maggie

Go to Rwanda and stay there, Paris.

AyOfAfrica

And who said Africa needs her!? We'd probably accept her just like any other person but all your crzy paparzz would be swamming the place and you'd be glued to yo screen watching her every move...

Kinda retared huh?

Merry Christmas

7. Anyone who can judge a movie by an 80 second trailer has a brain smaller than a Z particle.

* * * * * * * * * * *
Um, if it has Paris in it, yeah, you could "Z-Man."

Justme

sugar daddy #6 STAY OUTTA THE SAUCE.

Chilly

Strap that thing to the waist of an al qaeda operative. It's got bomb witten all over it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments