Jada Pinkett Smith Butches Up

10/25/2007 4:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

No, she's not reprising her role in "Set It Off," but Jada Pinkett Smith is still seriously trying to play up her thug life. Those Beverly Hills streets are rough, yo!
Jada Pinkett Smith
The 36-year-old celebuwife -- and wannabe hardcore rocker -- didn't wear one of her designer gowns or any borrowed Harry Winston jewels in these ridiculous pics, taken after performing with her metal band, Wicked Wisdom. Strike a pose!

Finally, there's something more preposterous than Will Smith's rap career. Switch!

john

I don't know what's wrong with her or her husband, Why they keep trying to be so "Hardcore" , Why can't they just portray what they really are, ridiculously rich, middle-aged parents who live in Beverly Hills?

Terry

Sometimes she does look very masculine, then bawls her eyes out at an award dinner thrown in her husbands honor.
I wondered if Will although backs her hobby choices isn't wanting her to be more fem. At her age the thug and band fantasy is embarrassing on many levels.

p1tey1

Whoever wrote this piece need to get their facts straight. Will Smith was a VERY successful rapper LONG before he became an actor. Preposterous my arst!

AFREAKA

Not only is just a wee bit old for this look , it's not a look !

OhReally!

She's free to do as she pleases! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2181126/

MISS SWEET D

I SEE YOU ARE AT AGAIN HARVEY, I GUESS SINCE BRITNEY AND PARIS ARE SUCH SKANKS, YOU HAVE TO TRY AND TRASH A DECENT PERSON. YOU SEEM TO ALWAYS TRASH BLACK ACTORS OR ACTRESSESS. WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM MAN?? AS FOR AS YOU SAYING THAT WILL SMITH'S RAP CAREER WAS PERPOSTEROUS, DID YOU EVEN LISTEN ANY OF IT? IT WAS CLEAN AND DIDN'T DEGRADE WOMEN, AND HIS ALBUMS MADE MILLONS FOOL. AS FOR JADA AT LEAST SHE DIDN'T BREAK UP ANY ONE'S MARRIAGE, AIN'T SLEEPING AROUND, ON DRUGS,TAKES CARE OF HER KIDS AND AIN'T OUT PARTYING EVERYDAY AND NIGHT OF THE WEEK. AND SO FAR AT LEAST HER MARRIAGE IS STRONG AND TOGETHER. BUT I GUESS SOME PEOPLE DON'T APPRECIATE COUPLES THAT ARE MAKING THEIR MARRIAGE WORK AND TRULY LOVE EACH OTHER. SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU, HARVEY, EVERYONE IS NOT A BRITNEY, A PARIS, LINDASY, OR ALL THE OTHER SKANKS OUT THERE. GEEZ!!!!!!

MISS SWEET D

KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOU DOING JADA, I AIN'T MAD AT YA!!! IF COURTNEY "COKEHEAD" LOVE, AND SOME OF THESE OTHER SO CALL METAL BANDS CAN TRY AND SING, AND MAKE MILLONS, GO FOR IT!! I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD A LOT WORSE. AT LEAST WILL LETTING YOU DO YOUR THANG, UNLIKE SOME CONTROL FREAKS LIKE TOM CRUISE, WOODY ALLEN,AND OTHERS. DO YOUR THANG GIRL AND MAKE THAT MONEY, HELL OTHERS ARE DOING IT SO CAN U.

Lisa-Centereach

The fact that Jada thinks it's "cool" to use what can be interpreted as "gang signing", is offensive, immature and contributes to the glorified belief that being "gangsta" is cool and acceptable.

eric frederick

FUGLY!

culturelady

Jada, i pray this is a get up for a role you are doing - otherwise, you have lost it! this makes you look so ugly.......terrible!

DaveRog

Why in the world would she want to do this?

nathaniel

yeah...its so funny me and my girlfriend were talking about her side project this morning and how it is in complete contrast to her Hollywood life. Some people just dont have the courage of thier conviction.

KGY

LOVE HER. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN WITH A GOOD HEAD ON HER SHOULDER. WILL MADE A GREAT CHOICE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK JADA

Risha

First, Jada is not gay! Second, Haters are going to hate! So keep doing what yall do.
Lastly, This woman has played in many many good good movies. She is a great actress, so she wants to explore rock and roll whatever. She is doing what makes her happy! And she has a man that loves her. And she is not throwing no gang signs. She repin where she from westside it looks like to me. Yall need to let her be. Jada Pinkett-Smith is a very beautiful, RICH, smart woman with a man who loves the mess out of her. I aint mad at her get yours. I love ya Jada!

stressedgoddess

When I heard a while back that she was trying to be a metal rocker chick, I couldn't believe it. And these pictures back that up. Sorry, Jada, but I just can't take this seriously...c'mon, I grew up in the 70s and 80s...this ain't what it looked like to be taken seriously! You can still be pretty and rock your ass off girlfriend.