Security Tight for Britney Spears Custody Hearing

10/25/2007 8:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

K-Fed and BritneyThe custody battle between Britney Spears and K-Fed heats up tomorrow morning, and the court isn't taking any chances, y'all.

According to court officials:

"A second weapons screen station will be set up on the eighth floor tomorrow between the elevators and Department 88. Cell phones, recording devices and cameras will not be permitted past the weapons screen or in Department 88. Reporters are urged to make other arrangements for their cell phones. Anyone who has a cell phone with them when they go through the weapons screen on the eighth floor must give it to the deputies before they will be allowed past. Deputies will then provide a claim slip, or receipt, to retrieve the phone later. Individuals who do not have business in the courtrooms on the eighth floor and do not have a seat in Department 88 will not be allowed to congregate in the hallway."

No phones?! What is Britney going to do?!

Wendy

48. 19, and 22 - so right you are. You do not see Kevin taking Shar Jackson to court trying to get those kids (granted I'm sure Shar is a good mother). They don't have a golden ticket like Jayden James and Sean Preston.

Nor do they have a stupid, selfish, self-centered mother who thinks of no one but herself. You can say over and over Kevin is this and that but the facts are he has physical custody of their kids and will for some time to come. Something that doesn't happen everyday. Something that doesn't happen unless a judge believes you are not capable of caring for your kids....of putting their kids first in her life. I haven't seen it and don't expect to anytime soon and I don't think the judge does either.

sam

The children seem to be an accessory she brings out for photo ops. Just like the poor poochy she sports now. Its sad. Perhaps Kevin and his family can be a bit more stabilizing for the boys. Brit needs months of treatment to get over her issues, but it seems relief is what she is sporting these days with out her boys. She is just facing these issues in a more public forum then most some women find motherhood is not for them. She should just give Kevin full custody, try to learn how to sing or maybe she can get a job at the gentlemans club and stay clean so she doesnt embarass those boys

He's just another Idiot

I recenlly saw a very old movie, "Gaslight". In it Charles Boyer was trying to drive Ingrid Bergman crazy. It reminded me of K-Prick trying to drive Britney crazy.
I have heard that when they were married, K-Prick would still sleep with Shar and other women and party every night. If Michael Jackson can keep his children, I think Britney should get to keep hers. All of the celebrities I have seen interviewed, are on Britney's side.

Weber

I have an idea! Let's buy a trailer park for the trailer park couple and let them just live there and fight like hell....Or buy them a flight on the space shuttle and leave them in space with their bastard kids? Sounds good to me!

Annette

#78 - Good God - You think the court should "grill" Kevin on events that took place Before he married Britney and After his divorce from Britney has already been finalized?

You're going to hold on to this until the day you die, aren't you? Funny that Britney seems to have nothing to say about it. In fact, she seems to have Nothing negative to say about Kevin. She just checked a pap the other day for trash-talking him.

Annette

Why do so many people have a problem with the concept that each of us is responsible for his or her own behavior? I think running around blaming everyone else for our mistakes in judgment is a really bad example to set for kids. Don't we try to teach even our own kids to be responsible & think for themselves? Do so many of you think Britney has never had the intelligence to think for herself? I have a hard time with that concept, considering her lifetime accomplishments. If anybody has anything bad to say about Kevin, it should be Britney or Shar. Britney hasn't said one negative word about Kevin. There's your sign.

Golden

Oh Britney...poor Britney....why do these saps waste their time chasing after her. She clearly doesnt give 2 craps about her life or her own childrens enough to act like a half decent parent. No symapthy for that girl or her behaviors...I just feel so sorry for those children being dragged into all that media BS. GROW UP SPEARS!!!!!!!!
There's much more important things in the world to focus on than your screw-ups!

Say what??

I don't care for Britney, and I don't think she should have her children at this point (based on what I've seen in the media), but I also don't think it's right for TMZ to imply this security measure is being taken because of something Britney may do. It's entirely possible threats have been made against one or both of them, particularly considering the high level of media attention that has been given to these parents. Given some of the extreme levels of antagonism I've seen on the comments pages here, that would not surprise me at all, sadly enough.

Annette

#84 Roger, they're just a bunch of cackling old hens who think they know what's better for Britney than Britney herself. Of course, those are the Same ones who will argue all night long that there's "absolutely nothing wrong with Britney Spears". For some reason, they seem to want it both ways. Go figure.

Golden

and I totally agree with you there #84....she is clearly old enough to think for herself......and makes her own mistakes. At least Federline knows how to lay low. We are all responsible for our own actions....cant blame the other guy for what we do now can we???

Annette

#82 BB... Girl do you regularly have difficulty differentiating between movies and real life?

Say what??

Correction: Apparently I misread, and TMZ is not implying Britney may try something. Apologies to all.

Annette

#87 Hi Jo, Your post surprised me, because I didn't get that impression at all. In fact, I was wondering earlier if this is just standard operating procedure for high-profile celebrity cases & maybe TMZ was just making a big deal out of it because they had nothing else to run today. If anyone familiar with these courts knows whether this is indeed SOP, I'd appreciate your imput.

Annette

#90 - just read your 2nd post. I still wish someone familiar with the courts there could let us know whether this is the norm. I would expect it to be. Then again, maybe threats have been made against the Commissioner himself. As you aptly noted, emotions have been running high.

Cartman

Security breach! Must keep weasels with cameras at bay.