Woman Says -- Copperfield Creeped Me Out

10/25/2007 5:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An Atlanta woman went on camera with TMZ TV and said David Copperfield made a move on her during his Vegas show, just days before the FBI raided his Vegas warehouse and seized digital camera equipment and a computer hard drive.

The woman -- Amanda from Atlanta -- says Copperfield's people singled her out before the show and "marked" her for David to invite her onstage during the performance. Afterward, Amanda, who was wearing an extremely short dress, says David wanted to meet her backstage, where she was escorted by one of his assistants.

As TMZ first reported, sources say Copperfield has used his show to "pick up women," targeting them in the audience, bringing them backstage after the show, taking their pictures with a digital camera, and then interviewing them on the things they liked. In particular, we're told the women were asked if they liked the Bahamas -- Copperfield owns a series of islands there.

The investigation was triggered by a Seattle woman who claims Copperfield sexually assaulted her in the Bahamas. Copperfield denies any wrongdoing.

Other women have written on the TMZ message board, recounting experiences where Copperfield allegedly hit on them during his shows.

To hear Amanda's story and the tales of other women, watch TMZ tonight. Check your local listings.

sassy

SHE IS CUTE BUT NO HOUR GLASS FIGURE. NO BUTT OR HIPS. BUT A CUTE FACE.

annoyed

Maybe we should get the whole story before we crucify anyone?

FatOprah

She caught the pickle?

Mike

Whore got her 15 seconds of fame!!

BeatleStone

Copperfield using his magic show to pick up hot women is nothing new since rock stars, sports stars & movie stars have been doing the same thing for years.

Your'e Fired!

He must be getting desparate, "IF" its true...She looks so common, nothing "special here"......

deez s

eww shes ugly no boobs a little butt

rachelecanfield

Wait. Isn't this Copperfield guy supposed to be a magician? Can't he just sort of "conjure up" his own ladies without resorting to playing touch-my-monkey with whatever flotsam happens to wash in from the audience?

100

HE'S GOT THE MAGIC STICK.......haha

Merry Christmas

There's a lesson here: If you don't want to be an eye sore, don't go out looking like ho-du-jour. I am glad nothing happened to this girl. She doesn't need to learn the hard way.

DIANE T

No one deserves to be raped, even the dumb ones. I was backstage many times when I was a young women. I saw many young girls flash their racks at the guys on the stage. The girls would be shocked at how the guys would make fun of them. David Copperfield is older and should know how to control himself. I see nothing wrong with using his act to meet girls. Anyway, the investigation is not complete. The allegged rape may not have happened.

tired of cry baby

why would a woman go back stage alone ? where is the common sense ? they may be giddy but you have to allways be aware of your surroundings. ! i'm sure she got paid, she looked like she was making a statement read from paper!

Mississippi Girl

Believe it or not....this same thing happened to me 22 years ago at one of his shows. He went as far as to get my phone # and called me several times. He wanted to fly me to his next show and said he'd like to take me to dinner. I finally said no. I figured I was one of many....flattered, but not a taker!!!!!

James

Damn you guys... All she said is that he creeped her out. Why all the hating? BTW everyone dresses like that in Las Vegas... The bottom line is that it is very strange for a guy like David Copperfield to setup a huge scam to get women back stage and then to the Bahamas under false pretense... Anyone who doesn't think that girl is hot is Gay!!

Gipsy princess

Why should she wear a dress, at all? When one goes for it, by all means, go! Probably she was not invited beyond certain point and she got upset! What kind of 'advances' one should expect with such dress code? Invitation to a monastery, to a chapel?