Woman Says -- Copperfield Creeped Me Out

10/25/2007 5:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An Atlanta woman went on camera with TMZ TV and said David Copperfield made a move on her during his Vegas show, just days before the FBI raided his Vegas warehouse and seized digital camera equipment and a computer hard drive.

The woman -- Amanda from Atlanta -- says Copperfield's people singled her out before the show and "marked" her for David to invite her onstage during the performance. Afterward, Amanda, who was wearing an extremely short dress, says David wanted to meet her backstage, where she was escorted by one of his assistants.

As TMZ first reported, sources say Copperfield has used his show to "pick up women," targeting them in the audience, bringing them backstage after the show, taking their pictures with a digital camera, and then interviewing them on the things they liked. In particular, we're told the women were asked if they liked the Bahamas -- Copperfield owns a series of islands there.

The investigation was triggered by a Seattle woman who claims Copperfield sexually assaulted her in the Bahamas. Copperfield denies any wrongdoing.

To hear Amanda's story and the tales of other women, watch TMZ tonight. Check your local listings.

meg

I AM THE MOTHER OF A 22 YR OLD MODEL, LAST YEAR FOR HER B/DAY I TOOK HER TO LAS VEGAS, WE WENT TO ONE OF DAVID COPPERFIELDS SHOWS...WHILE WE WERE SITTING , WAITING FOR THE SHOW TO START, DAVID CAME OUT STARTING HIS SHOW...IT WAS SO OBVIOUS HE NOTICED MY DAUGHTER, THAT HE WALKED UP TO HER DURING THE SHOW AND PICKED HER TO COME ON STAGE TO DO A TRICK WITH HIM,...AFTER THAT SKIT,..ONE OF DAVIDS WORKERS APPROACHED MY DAUGHTER AND SAID...PLEASE STAY IN YOUR SEAT AFTER THE SHOW...DAVID WANTS TO MEET YOU BACK STAGE,..AND SHE LOOKED AT ME AND SAID IS THIS YOUR MOTHER? (daughter said yes) THE GIRL SAID HE WANTS BOTH OF YOU TO MEET HIM BACK STAGE AFTER THE SHOW ....STAY IN UR SEAT I WILL COME BACK AND GET YOU BOTH. WE WERE SO EXCITED TO MEET THIS GREAT "LEGEND". WELL THE GIRL CAME AND TOOK US BOTH BACK STAGE TO MEET DAVID...HE WAS NOTHING BUT A "GENTLEMAN" HE INTRODUCED HIMSELF ...TALKED TO US, TOLD US HE HAD JUST BOUGHT AN ISLAND IN THE BAHAMA'S AND ASKED MY DAUGHTER IF SHE DOES MODELING..(SHE SAID YES)..HE SAID IN TIME I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO COME TO THE ISLAND AND DO SOME PHOTO SHOOTS FOR BROCHURES AND ADVERTISMENT FOR HIS ISLAND MUSHA CAY. (THIS WAS 8/31/06). HE THEN TOLD HIS ASSITANT TO GIVE MY DAUGHTER HIS PERSONAL EMAIL AND TO KEEP INTOUCH WITH HIM , UPDATING HIM WITH NEW MODELING PICTURES...WE DID JUST THAT..AND HE WROTE BACK SAYING KEEP IN TOUCH...THEN ONE NIGHT IN JANUARY 07, MY DAUGHTER GOT A CALL ON HER CELL PHONE FROM "DAVID" HIMSELF..HE TOLD HER THE ISLAND WAS COMING ALONG ,..HE HAD PURCHASED SOME TROPICAL ANIMALS...AND SUCH...AND HE WANTED TO SAY HI AND KEEP IN TOUCH...(VERY MUCH A GENTLEMAN). LATER THIS YEAR, MY DAUGHTER HAD EMAILED DAVID TELLING HIM THAT SHE WOULD BE IN VEGAS JULY, 2007 AND ASKED FOR 4 TICKETS TO HIS SHOW....HE WROTE BACK SAYING SURE, PICK UP THE TICKETS AT THE MGM DESK.....WE DID JUST THAT.....WE HAD CENTER FRONT ROW SEATS...(THIS TIME WE WERE WITH MY HUSBAND, SON, DAUGHTER, ME(MOTHER). DURING THIS SHOW...DAVID SENT OUT A WORKER TO TELL US TO STAY SEATED AND HE WOULD LOVE TO SAY HI TO US ALL BACK STAGE AFTER THE SHOW...WE DID JUST THAT....DAVID MET MY DAUGHTER AGAIN, ...ME AGAIN(MOTHER) AND MET MY HUSBAND, AND MY SON,...SHOOK MY HUSBAND AND SON'S HAND SAID NICE TO MEET YOU. SPOKE TO MY DAUGHTER AGAIN ABOUT THE ISLAND AND HANDED HER ANOTHER BROCHURE OF THE ISLAND....THIS WAS JULY2007...THEN ABOUT AUGUST 2007 SHE HAD SENT HIM MORE UPDATED MODELING PICTURES AND HE OR HIS ASSITANCE RESPONDED TO HER EMAIL...SAYING THIS: "NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU". I THEN SAID TO MY DAUGHTER, I DONT THINK HE IS GONNA USE YOU IN BROCHURES AT THIS POINT....AFTER IT BEING OVER A YEAR NOW. BUT I MUST SAY ON DAVID'S BEHALF, HE WAS VERY RESPECTFUL, AND A "PERFECT GENTLEMAN. SO I REALLY WOULD BE SHOCKED IF THIS IS TRUE.....AND IF IT IS TRUE IM THANKFUL MY DAUGHTER DIDNT GO TO THE ISLAND. I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO DAVID, MY DAUGHTER WAS SO HAPPY YOU HAD TOLD HER YOU WERE GONNA ""WORK"" WITH HER DOING PHOTO SHOOTS FOR UR ISLAND.....IF YOU HAD NO INTENTIONS OF THIS.....YOU SHOULD OF NEVER GOT THAT POOR GIRLS HOPES UP. SHE TOLD EVERYONE ABOUT THIS STORY AND IT WAS EMBARRASSING FOR HER AFTER A YEAR GONE BY AND THERE WAS NO PHOTO SHOOT.

sandyduncansglasseye

Why do all accusers look like this tramp?

Kat

Copperfield's People Suck:

You must be the same nut who posts as Paid Bloggers Suck. lol You are paranoid-get some help!

RWA

"Other women have written on the TMZ message board, recounting experiences where Copperfield allegedly hit on them during his shows."

Oh, yeah. I'm sure NO ONE would ever make anything up on an internet message board. Everything written on things like this is 100 percent accurate and factual, isn't it?

deelicious

#70 because they cute enough or sometimes slutty enough to get some sort of attention and then run to their lawyers..........That's how he met Claudia Schiffer and got engaged, this bitch is just pissed she didn't a huge rock too. Hunny it's cause you ain't that pretty.

Skip

Dress like a whore, act like a whore, and guess what "ladies" get treated like well?
So, you take up an invitation to go to the Bahamas with a 'celebrity' you just met on stage at a show in Vegas, and what, you thought you were going there just to pick up shells on the beach?
So you are really hot looking, not wearing much, you go on stage, you go back stage, and then get hit on. No kidding.
give me a freaking break "ladies"

LULU

JUST LOOK AT THAT OUTFIT!!!! LOOKS LIKE SHE WAS LOOKING FOR A LITTLE ACTION...IT PAYS TO ADVERTISE!!!!!!

disgusted you suck

DAVID PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP PRETENDING YOU ARE NOT GAY!

Rex Stout

C'mon now! The guy's a Rock Star doing what RockStar's do only Hocus Pocus-style.

If he IS going over the line then he will pay dearly. My guess is that there's more to this story yet to unfold. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire, right?

Rock on, David. Just don't hurt anyone and I'll keep watching.

woman of stone

Seems to me that anyone who wears that short a skirt is asking for some attention. Then when it turns into unwanted attention. What's with this chick who says he assaulted her in the Bahamas? What was she DOING in the Bahamas anyway?

SoCal

Wow, another blonde, I'm not surprised. I used to love watching magic shows on tv (especially David Copperfied) when I was growing up. As I grew older I realized that David Copperfield always chose skinny blondes from the audience to help him on stage. I kept hoping that some day he would choose a non-blonde, someone without a perfect figure, or maybe someone ethnic to assist him. Out of the shows that I've watched, I do not recall ever seeing this happen. As I matured, I realized that David Copperfield was not the idol I always thought he was when I was a kid. In my eyes he lost his "magic" because of his superficial ways. Now there is this news. I don't know if he is guilty or not, but if he is, I will be so sad that someone I looked up to and highly respected as a kid has become such a slimeball.

Chipotle

I hope he sues the crap out of her.

Erica

Ling - Where does it say that David C rapes Black children on there birthdays? Where did you hear that? Please state facts not salacious rumors, those are the kind of statements that can destroy someone, and should not be treated lightly.

800 pound gorilla fart

Of course Denis D. loved Harry H. so we went to see both b***burn then Copperfield at the Palace . B***burn was strange enough ....I swear he was drunk .Dlckhead.
David C . did pick girls out of the audience to go on stage and perform , that seemed ok but then and they did go back-stage . I found it kinda' rockstarish and out-of -place as the crowd had families , kids .....some father did keep his daughter from going on stage ... It did creep out my date who was almost picked . This was years ago , when he just started ... Haven't watched the guy since .

Dlckhead .

Lippy

That girls is NASTY. And apparently desperate for attention as indicated by her ridiculous dress that she looks terrible in.

Does she think she'll get a reality TV show offer by running to TMZ to tell her story?

Oh, and she looks real broken up and traumatized by the incident.

No one wants you, honey. Not even David Copperfield.