K-Fed Wants Brit Caught on Tape -- Commissioner Rules

10/26/2007 1:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Britney AM hearing is over -- it was all about videotaping Brit's deposition.

K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, told the judge he wanted to videotape Spears' depo, because the way Britney speaks is as important as what she says.

Sources tell us that during Britney's last court appearance, her words to the Commissioner sounded sincere but they were dripping with sarcasm.

Spears' lawyer, Thomas Dunlap, argued that there have been tons of leaks and he didn't want the videotape ending up on TMZ.com.

The Commish said he was not concerned about Britney being videotaped because she seems to court all that with the media. He said, "Your client's concern on paper makes sense, but the ongoing pattern with the media and with the kids doesn't square."

Parent Crap -- click to launchBut ultimately, Commissioner Scott Gordon ruled he would not allow a video because he was concerned about the content leaking to the media.

As for TMZ getting the story as to what was in the parenting coach's report, Commissioner Gordon said, "I am deeply impressed by the investigative work of the media, although I think it's a little stretch of their talent." Aw, shucks!

OCD

# 29 Victoria

Actually, there is a very real reason to want the deposition taped. As they say, only the words are duplicated by the court stenographer. The tone of the deponent DOES matter. Particularly if there is an appeal. Part of the process includes the demeanor of the parties (combatants, if you will). When the court decides on whether someone is truly remorseful, penitent or cooperative. Voice inflection and facial movements are very telling.

Britney's legal "handlers" should have coached her in testimony demeanor before ever putting her on the stand. Who knows? They may have and it might not have gotten through to her. If that's the case, then she's only shooting herself in the foot.

You can, more or less, tell someone to kiss off with the tone of your voice. Even if it is followed by "sir" or "your honor".

sam

# 58 Wow! Calling Shar's kids illegitimate..You are as special as Brit. These are her fans folks. I hope he takes every dime! And Shar's kids can benefit. The way it's going, looks like he's got an excellent chance.

just me

There is nothing in that courtroom proceeding having an impact on anyone except the parties involved and as such it is 'closed' to the public and it is wrong for TMZ to obsessively meddle and pry and report the details of the dispute in that courtroom, as wrong as it would be to meddle and pry and report the details of a family dispute behind closed doors at home. If government surveillance was as intrusive as this there would be hoards rioting in the streets crying foul, yet TMZ and other media can obsessively meddle and pry and report the details of a closed private dispute and it is protected freedom of speech and press guaranteed by the First Amendment. I think it is time to place some limitations on that and establish boundaries. One obvious boundary in a situation such as this is to limit what can be lawfully reported to what the court places in the public record, and everything else reported which goes beyond the court order forbidding public reporting or commentary on the closed private proceedings should be subject to disclosing the source and subject to criminal and civil prosecution.

rock I.Q

# 64 HOLDING THE MEDIA ACCOUNTABLE

UUUHHHHH..WHAT ????????????

ding dang y'all I thankin hed be on my side.

just wondering

..." I'm surprised the nannys and bodyguards aren't fighting for custody yet"...that was by Ms. Brooklyn on another site and I thought is was funny so I shared!!...

OCD

#66 Taylor

I don't usually rise any obnoxious, smelly bait that is thrown out, but in your case, I'll make and except.

You are a lout and an idiot. Maybe there are certain instances where people should be stoned.

That just goes beyond the pale, dude. And to hide behind your anonymity on a public website to spew your filth simply shows your cowardice and lack of moral standards.

You disgust me.

OCD

Dang. I just got so mad I couldn't type properly.

judgesridiots

KFED AND SHAR JUST NEED TO GET ON FOOD STAMPS AND LEAVE BRITNEY MONEY ALONE!

just wondering

....TAYLOR....u really r a disgusting human being...get some education!!!!...u r obviously a empty soul.

Toni

Good one Taylor. Shar is a nobody. OCD you disgust more than just me. Shut up with your stupid remarks.

Studly

Dear Britney Bloggers, Britney's lawyer doesn't want anything leaked and ending up on TMZ ,and the Commish said what TMZ got so far is a "stretch", sounds like thier watching us too.

rdrr

boo hoo hoo, what a loser she is. Really its just the slow train wreck that you want to look away from and forget but you just cant. and for her sympathizers, its too bad that the judge wont let a drugged up alcoholic have full custody of her kids, right? shes depressed/drugged/drunk/and oh yeah, ALSO INCAPABLE OF TAKING CARE OF HER KIDS; in fact,PETA should get involved and ban her from owning pets also. maybe when her depression or fits of emotional outrages cause her to hurt her children you sympathizers will wake up and quit fueling the fire. if she was never a popular artist she should still not be allowed to have her kids and would be some drugged out mom whos kids would most likely be taken away by the state anyways. Legally i wonder if the government can order her a hysterectomy??? well have fun thinking she is the greatest.

CHEERS!!!!

Puh-lease

Actually, CNN reported that the concern was that the tape would end up on YouTube. Given a choice between CNN and TMZ, I'll believe CNN every time.

However, it is funny that TMZ claims it's about them, when it isn't, trying to make their "reporting" appear far more important than it really is.

Toni

Shar needs to earn her own money and stop munching off of Britney,
JR, you are the stupid one. OCD you cant type to begin with.

Annette

Ooookay, I think I finally solved the Missing Dashboard Pumpkins Mystery.

My theory is that Britney is hosting her own little countdown until the release of Blackout. If you notice, she's removing 1 pumpkin a day now. You know, 6-5-4.... It must be her own little Media Blitz or something.

I now have a migraine from trying to think on Britney's level. I sincerely hope I win a huge cash price for guessing the right answer, so I can retire to some nice island & sail the warm seas. ;-)