Gary Collins Charged with DUI

10/29/2007 5:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. City Attorney has charged actor and TV host Gary Collins with misdemeanor driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol level above .08.

Collins was busted last week while driving in an L.A. suburb. As we first reported, Collins smashed his Ford Explorer into another car that police say had cut Collins off. The Explorer then smashed into two cars parked on the street. We're told the 89-year-old driver of the second car is still recovering in the hospital.

If convicted, the former host of "Miss America" could face up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine. He'll be arraigned November 16.

Go with the Flow!

I am tired of these asses driving under the influence, he should do some hard time. My
Jack Bauer is and though I love him as an actor I think he is going to learn a lesson. I will drive Kiefer Sutherland around if he wants. Gary Collins should spend tim in jail with a big huge guy named BUBBA who can be Gary's boyfriend.

ELI

What is an 89 year old man doing driving a car? This elderly gentlemen needs to get himself a driver! And was it not reported that this 89 year old man failed to yield the right-of-way? Remove this 89 year old man's driver's license now before he pulls in front of a woman who is car-pooling!

Kris

I Know of another Gary Collins and at first I was in shock.. T G it's not him.

nonnie

Some of you commenting sound a little 'testy'--lighten up--he could have killed someone or himself. You are all probably too young to remember him being an emcee for an ESP show quite a few years back (can't remember the name) before his infomercials career.

ny chic

wow, a lot of you are missing the point!!! Re-read some of the comments...Collins was driving drunk, period..and this senior has the right to drive..yes, her family should watch her more carefully, if she has one. But, the drunk hit her and no one here really knows the facts..and remember one day, you will all be an elderly person..so, grow up and don't make stupid, hurtful comments...hope someone cares for you when you reach your golden years..

tigerz69

The real problem here is whether or not L.A. has an opening for an hour in the county jail!! My first thought at his age, was how many times has this man not got caught!! I bet Paris, Nicole, Brit Brat, and the Firecrotch can't even count that high, because they only know how to say, " throw it on my credit card"!!!!

Reine

I haven't seen him or heard of him for years & I must say I was shocked. He didn't kill anyone so I hope he learnt his lesson. His wife must be embarrassed.

Here comes the judge

I met this moron when I was 11 years old and asked for an autograph. He was a rude obnoxios S.O.B. Karma.........what comes around goes around. He so deserved this.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4